Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 231,364.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
He will never make HOF. But then again.......if McGuigan did, what's not to stop?
He will get in the hall and deservedly so....Mcguigan isnt the only one he did more than thats in there.....Hamed cleaned out his division from 1996-2000 and was the clear best feathweight of his time
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 890,456,592.92
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
He will never make HOF. But then again.......if McGuigan did, what's not to stop?
So then why contradict yourself?

Your right, if McGuigan can make the HOF then Hamed sure as hell has a chance of making it. Hamed certainly had a better career than Barry McGuigan, so like you said, if he can make it then Hamed certainly can, and should IMO.

What he brought to the Sport outside of the ring makes up for his resume for me, and for his whole package considering the excitement, money and new fans he brought to the sport, he should definitely be inducted into the HOF in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
I think Hamed's boxing ability was pretty poor considering the level he boxed at.
Some people consider boxing ability to be certain things...in the technical since his stance and defense was all wrong, but he seemed to be one of those guys who was just a natural like Roy Jones....cant teach reflexes, speed, power, and coordination...Hamed also had a very good chin
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
- Ram Raid -
Capricorn # 1

Rep Power: 6 - Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,561,770,140.26
Total Points: 43,566,765,411.03
here is a well deserved banana for one of your morning smoothies - jas for following an epic diet - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
Some people consider boxing ability to be certain things...in the technical since his stance and defense was all wrong, but he seemed to be one of those guys who was just a natural like Roy Jones....cant teach reflexes, speed, power, and coordination...Hamed also had a very good chin
No doubt. His attributes that you've mentioned were exceptional, he was truly gifted. My problem with him is that unlike Jones he never really learnt how to box so when he came up against a fighter like Barrera he was found wanting. It's a shame because he could have been so much better.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
No doubt. His attributes that you've mentioned were exceptional, he was truly gifted. My problem with him is that unlike Jones he never really learnt how to box so when he came up against a fighter like Barrera he was found wanting. It's a shame because he could have been so much better.

I do agree with you he could have been better but we really cant dwell on shoulda coulda woulda...just look at what he did as fighter. If he did have a different trainer he was better with his technique he would lose some of his best attribute....unpredictability and being unorthodox..

.I think by the time he got to Barrera it was not really skill and ability, it was preparation and arrogance...he didnt train as hard as he used to in the 90's, didnt throw in combination anymore depending on his power, and also didnt show the reflexes and movement that made him who he was

in his prime from 1995-1999 he looks totally different than when he fought after
Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 PM
BTNHfan
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these partsBTNHfan is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,563.61

I think most of the guys here are bias. The prince was never tested until he finally stepped up and fought Barerra. A real champ, and you saw what happened. Dont give me "if you have the least bit of boxing knowledge" crap. He got spanked and realize that he couldnt step up to the big dogs.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,849,826.46
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

He was a good fighter, doubt he gets in the HOF. But based on who has gotten in before him, I wouldn't be too upset.

At the times he beat people, some of his wins get easily discredited, but they were good fights.

Steve Robinson (WBO FW champ/#3 FW), Manuel Medina (Top 10 FW), Tom Johnson (IBF FW champ/#1 FW), Kevin Kelley (Top 10 FW), Wilfredo Vazquez (#3 FW), Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto (WBC FW champ/Top 10 FW), and Vuyani Bungu (Top 10 FW).

8 solid/good wins, what hurt him was retiring so early. Had he continued and won a title in a 2nd weight class, I think his popularity and solid wins, inadditiong to being a 2 weight champ, could have gotten him in.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 PM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 507,031,941,729.19
Total Points: 507,139,015,113.98
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Nas was no longer hungry by the time he fought Barrera he had fell out of love with the sport im not making excuses for him but it’s the truth, it was even strongly rumoured that he didn’t even train for the MAB fight which of course his own fault.

Nas did a lot of good things for boxing including being the first guy to put the lower weights on the map in terms of bringing huge multimillion paydays, he was involved in some great fights and he was entertaining.

Boxing needs guys like Nas who bring originality and excitement to the sport, but what do we get Adrian “the unoriginal” Broner.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Luffy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Luffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,610,475,756,915.77
Total Points: 100,610,475,780,606.31
Thanks for the points, you're a quality poster and I respect you. - Nińo De Oro here's a gift.. - chiguy91 Happy New Year. - Round 1 I can't green you again yet, and you have more points than I do ... don't be greedy! :) - *Boss Lady* No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Best 24/7 ever - Jeff Da Maori have an apple - bigsmoothh 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PACnPBFsuck Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
In my eyes of the feathweights I have seen he is definitely one of the top ten ever.....I never got to see Abe Attell, George Dixon..but from the 1930's on I have seen him all and he beats most of them...only lost once to an ATG fighter....one of the highest kayo percentage for a champ in his division or others for that matter....in just 37 fights defeated 9 former,future, or current champs of his time....definitely cleaned out his era the mid 90's til early 2000's

my List in no particular order

Greatest featherweights of all-time ive seen

Wille Pep
Sandy Saddler
Salvador Sanchez
Eusebio Pedroza
Naseem Hamed
Vincente Saldivar
Alexis Arguello
Sugar Ramos
Henry Aromstrong
Tony Canzoneri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
Easily in the top 10 best featherweights of all time, anyone with even the least bit of Boxing knowledge could tell you that. The argument is, is he top 5?

One of the best p4p punchers in the history of the Sport.

Left the Sport at a young age though and thats why he doesn't get his just due.

No shame in losing to a ATG like MAB...he just didn't make a notable comeback from that. For whatever reason...some say his heart wasn't in it...some say his hands were ****ed.

Either way, if your someone like me who would rather appreciate than hate, he was one of the most enterntaining Boxers ever, and i long for the day someone even as half as entertaining as him lights up this great sport once again.
^^^ same guy
Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 170 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 520,632,366,954,970.19
Total Points: 525,632,918,133,860.38
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - Cuauhtémoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr