Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21557 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,946,526,653,890,057.00
Total Points: 2,974,805,126,492,053.00
haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ 
Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! 
chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery 
Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Good morning from the UK unc. - HughJass :boxing: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HughJass 

R.I.P. Robin, thanks for those beautiful music.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 AM
RonPrice
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 RonPrice has a spectacular aura aboutRonPrice has a spectacular aura aboutRonPrice has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,222.16
Send a message via Yahoo to RonPrice
Default The bee-gees and me

On hearing today, 21 May 2012, of the death of Robin Gibb yesterday, I wrote the following as a sort of, a type of, eulogy. It***8217;s a personal reminiscence with more meaning to me as a poet and writer than it may have to those who read this at one of the several internet sites at which it is posted. The world's celebrities and their lives are often filtered through our own lives as we grow with them from our youth to old-age. -Ron Price, George Town, Tasmania, Australia.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:

The Bee Gees were a musical group which originally comprised three brothers: Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb. They were 2 to 5 years younger than I and they began their musical careers as the Bee Gees in 1959 while living in Queensland Australia. I was in grade 10 at the time, was a big home-run hitter in a little town by the side of Lake Ontario in the Golden Horseshoe, was in love with a girl around the corner, and had just joined the Baha***8217;i Faith.

The Bee Gees were successful for most of their decades of recording music. You can read about their story on Wikipedia. My success was as a teacher, and had none of the fame and wealth which came to the Bee Gees.

Teachers can achieve fame in a small room, but wealth virtually always eludes them. The first distinct period of exceptional success for the Bee Gees was as a pop act in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They were voted The Most Significant New Talent Of 1967, the same year I started my teaching career. I taught grade 3 among the Inuit on Baffin Island and was the only Baha***8217;i in the District of Franklin: no fame, no name, no rank, no serial number.

Part 2:

The first period of their success, from 1965 to 1974, coincided with the only decade in my life during which I bought what were then called LPs. By the late ***8216;70s I was married with three kids. I was a teacher and had to reign-in the financial expenditures I had enjoyed in the decade I was first, a single man(1965-1967), and then in the years of my first marriage---when both my wife and I worked and we had no children: 1967-1975. By those late ***8216;70s, my life had taken a turn away from listening to music to deal with the demands of job-career, marriage-family, community-meetings, and health-life issues. The Bee Gees slipped to the periphery of my life and right off the edge as they went on to more fame and wealth.

Following Maurice's sudden death in January 2003, Barry and Robin Gibb retired the group's name after 45 years of activity. I, too, had retired by 2003 after a working life of 40 years. In 2009 Robin announced that he and Barry would re-form the Bee Gees and perform again. Robin died yesterday, on 20 May 2012 after a prolonged battle with cancer, leaving Barry as the last surviving Bee Gee.-Ron Price with thanks to Wikipedia, 21 May 2012.

Part 3:

It is said that some 2500 artists
have recorded your songs. And
when I took a sea-change in ***8216;99
the Post Office unveiled a set of
6 stamps honouring your music.

You started to call yourselves the
Bee Gees in 1959 when I was 15,
and had just become a Baha***8217;i in
Canada. So both you and I have
celebrated 50 years of a centre--
piece of our identity***8230;***8230;.But it
looks like the Bee Gees are not
any more as I, too, head into the
middle-years of late adulthood &
old-age(80+)***8230;.if I last that long.

I thank you for your delightful
sounds since ***8217;59 when I was in
my teens; since ***8217;71 when you 3
reunited & I moved to Australia.
It has been a long road since ***8216;59
and I wish you all well on that
road ahead wherever it may lead.

During our lives, as Yeats said:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed***8230;and
everywhere the ceremony of innocence
is drowned; the best lack all conviction while
the worst are full of that passionate intensity.

Ron Price
21 May 2012

Last edited by RonPrice; 12-18-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: to correct the paragraphing
Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 446 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,494,886,227,012,463,616.00
Total Points: 1,494,886,227,012,467,200.00
One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen 
Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick legendary - lazy 
Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- tried to green ya but ive given too much in the last 24 hours, i still got your bakk - Tha_Greatest 
Here's beer while listening to good music - led thanks bud :fing02: - -jose- seasoned with camel toe juice :lol1: - -jose- Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Happy Thanksgiving homie! - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

May he RIP. Sad moment for pop music.

Last edited by TBear; 05-21-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
*AKO PA HA!
RED K GIVER

Rep Power: 2061 *AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,769,094,854,621.08
Total Points: 2,769,096,151,762.66
We fresh! - Dorian 1st - Flames Of War 2nd - Flames Of War 3rd.................................... - Flames Of War 4th........ - Flames Of War 
GIFT! - reedickyaluss ANOTHER ONE! - reedickyaluss 3rd GIFT! - reedickyaluss Part 1 of 3 for my 5 gifts to you!!! - black.ink Part 2 of 3 of my 5 gifts to you! - black.ink 
Part 3 of 3 for my 5 gifts to you!!! - black.ink No Message - PACHUGGER No Message - PACHUGGER ASTIG KA BRO! thanks - murfbreak3r do I get 10K? cheers - Savino 
SALAMAT SA MGA POINTS! - jhacen I love the Knights of Ako Pa Ha! - Lakas whats happening fam,this is for you - project xxx1 Good poster - Disposable Arts Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - *AKO PA HA! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TheUndeadBoxer Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TheUndeadBoxer Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - johnm Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Akinapepemo 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

RIP Robin and thank you for the memories.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM
*AKO PA HA!
RED K GIVER

Rep Power: 2061 *AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute*AKO PA HA! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,769,094,854,621.08
Total Points: 2,769,096,151,762.66
We fresh! - Dorian 1st - Flames Of War 2nd - Flames Of War 3rd.................................... - Flames Of War 4th........ - Flames Of War 
GIFT! - reedickyaluss ANOTHER ONE! - reedickyaluss 3rd GIFT! - reedickyaluss Part 1 of 3 for my 5 gifts to you!!! - black.ink Part 2 of 3 of my 5 gifts to you! - black.ink 
Part 3 of 3 for my 5 gifts to you!!! - black.ink No Message - PACHUGGER No Message - PACHUGGER ASTIG KA BRO! thanks - murfbreak3r do I get 10K? cheers - Savino 
SALAMAT SA MGA POINTS! - jhacen I love the Knights of Ako Pa Ha! - Lakas whats happening fam,this is for you - project xxx1 Good poster - Disposable Arts Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - *AKO PA HA! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TheUndeadBoxer Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TheUndeadBoxer Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - johnm Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Akinapepemo 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,806,707.78
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

First Summer now this. Disco really is dead.