Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,134,917.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitherGlove View Post
Man please Dallas virtually Blew that series themselves and if wade did it by himself why hasn't he didn't anything since shaq left couldn't even get out the first round without the "Big 3".. And if anything the refs won them that title if you go back he got like 30 points that last game off the free throw line..Wade one of the best in the league but sometimes we have to live in reality and reality is when things get tough and the shots don't fall for wade he does things like he did yesterday get mad at the coach or stare like a deer in the headlights just like he did last year in the finals
Oh please, nobody goes the distance without help. You can win a series, maybe even make it to the Finals if you're historically hot (think AI in 01 or LBJ in...07?) but nobody does it all by themselves.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 PM
WitherGlove
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 WitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these partsWitherGlove is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,001,050,962.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
Oh please, nobody goes the distance without help. You can win a series, maybe even make it to the Finals if you're historically hot (think AI in 01 or LBJ in...07?) but nobody does it all by themselves.
Man you're making excuses, you act like I said Wade weak..Wade probably one of the best in the league he just lacks that play to the end no matter what mentality you don't have to agree just watch for yourself when things get tough watch how he reacts..And while we're on topic Lebron didn't have anybody for years and he got to the eastern conference finals
Old 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 30 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,207,712,259,370.71
Total Points: 29,208,712,693,127.67
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
Boston teamed up and they won it immediately.

Kobe and shaq took a while but they didn't team up. Kobe had to develop.

Lebron and wade are both established superstar franchise players who are no strangers to the finals. They went to the finals their first year toger and they choked.
not the same. those guys worked cuz they're style meshed well. Wade and Lebron have clashing styles. They have ZERO chemistry in half-court offense.

the only benefit they get off each other (other than fast break) is that when one is isolating, the other gets rest. thats it.

And Wade's playing style is almost completely relied on his athletic ability to drive to the basket. And it seems that the wear and tear has caught up with him. He doesn't have a jump shot to fall back on like Jordan and other superstar players did when they got older.

Heat need to trade Wade if they want to win. But that will be unlikely.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 143 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,384,821,675,138.83
Total Points: 7,600,422,048,787.74
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswizzy99 View Post
not the same. those guys worked cuz they're style meshed well. Wade and Lebron have clashing styles. They have ZERO chemistry in half-court offense.

the only benefit they get off each other (other than fast break) is that when one is isolating, the other gets rest. thats it.

And Wade's playing style is almost completely relied on his athletic ability to drive to the basket. And it seems that the wear and tear has caught up with him. He doesn't have a jump shot to fall back on like Jordan and other superstar players did when they got older.

Heat need to trade Wade if they want to win. But that will be unlikely.
My point exactly.

They thought they'd get by on talent alone.

All Miami did was add another guy to run an iso play with. That will only get you so far.

That wont work against anyone with good help defense.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,456,583,916,792.46
Total Points: 47,456,584,035,447.39
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
My point exactly.

They thought they'd get by on talent alone.

All Miami did was add another guy to run an iso play with. That will only get you so far.

That wont work against anyone with good help defense.

lol, when I say things like that. I get told I don't know shit.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:26 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,134,917.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitherGlove View Post
Man you're making excuses, you act like I said Wade weak..Wade probably one of the best in the league he just lacks that play to the end no matter what mentality you don't have to agree just watch for yourself when things get tough watch how he reacts..And while we're on topic Lebron didn't have anybody for years and he got to the eastern conference finals
Last time I checked, getting to the Finals (not just the ECF, by the way) isn't winning it all.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,606,425,310,152.74
Total Points: 5,883,425,667,984.41
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
You think that Dwyane Wade has no heart? Have you ever watched him play?
He hasn't shown heart all year. Believe me, there are very few people that appreciate what Dwyane Wade has done in his career like I do, but he's a different guy this year. I don't know what happened, but something happened.

Last edited by bojangles1987; 05-18-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 143 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,384,821,675,138.83
Total Points: 7,600,422,048,787.74
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
lol, when I say things like that. I get told I don't know shit.
They can say that, but the proof is in the pudding.

We're seeing it happen, arent we?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,456,583,916,792.46
Total Points: 47,456,584,035,447.39
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
They can say that, but the proof is in the pudding.

We're seeing it happen, arent we?
haha, I said that at the beginning of the year though. Then Hyperion went all crazy and still hasn't let it go. lol

They need to develop more skills. Kobe isn't as athletic as #8 Kobe was, how does he get by? The skill in his shot. Even added the post game to his repertoire once that finger got all jacked up.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,606,425,310,152.74
Total Points: 5,883,425,667,984.41
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
haha, I said that at the beginning of the year though. Then Hyperion went all crazy and still hasn't let it go. lol

They need to develop more skills. Kobe isn't as athletic as #8 Kobe was, how does he get by? The skill in his shot. Even added the post game to his repertoire once that finger got all jacked up.
It's funny how they completely abandoned the post up offense they were using so well earlier in the season. Lebron and Wade were killing teams with it, then playoff time comes around and they forget it exists for the most part.

Still, they have an easier road this year than last year, no excuse for them not to be smashing through the East. Maybe this blowout will wake them up, but they just aren't playing well at all.