Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Pretty Boy Greg
Pacman - The GOAT

Rep Power: 16 Pretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,274,070,184.86
Total Points: 25,674,108,220.28
Default Exclusive Interview with Lamont Peterson

JM: Obviously, the May 19th rematch between you and Amir Khan has been cancelled due to a failed drug test last week. How devastated are you about this whole situation?
Lamont Peterson: I am devastated. I am unhappy for the fans; they were really looking forward to this fight. The reason I was fighting Khan again was because the fans wanted to see us fight and now that it is not happening, I am a little upset about it. A lot of people have wasted their money to travel and plan vacations to Las Vegas just to see this fight and now it is not happening. So I just want to apologize to all the fans that will now not be able to see this fight.

JM: You were the one who originally requested the random drug testing to be implemented for this fight. Why did you ask for this style of drug testing?

Lamont Peterson: I asked for the random drug testing because I wanted to shine the light on this subject. For me, I believe there are a lot of people out there who are cheating. I just wanted to shine the light on this subject and be a champion that may provoke other champions and other top fighters out there to do the same. It wasnít like I thought Amir Khan was cheating or anything, I just wanted to do that for the sport.

JM: In your own words, can you please describe the procedure that took place last November that caused all of this?

Lamont Peterson: Well, I was training for the first fight with Khan and I was having a hard time focusing and I noticed I was fatigued quicker. So I had a relationship with this doctor out in Las Vegas for about three or four years now. Anytime I was preparing for a fight or I felt that there was an issue with my health, I would check in with him. He would treat me if I was dehydrated or anything like that; he was always taking care of that. I would always call him if I had any questions and Barry (Petersonís trainer) had called him because I was feeling very fatigued at times throughout the training camp for the first fight with Khan. He then had me go through a lot of blood work and a lot of lab work and stuff like that. One of the tests was to check my testosterone levels. It turned out that I had low free testosterone, so that was one area that he wanted to adjust. He told me about a lot of side effects that went along with having low testosterone. When he recommended the procedure, he never claimed that it would give me a lot of energy or that it would make me super strong or anything like that. He just warned me about what low testosterone would lead to down the line, after boxing. There was a lot of health risks involved. Once I learned about that, I was still debating on whether or not I should do the procedure in the middle of training camp. I was debating back and forth, but we eventually decided to go ahead with the procedure. I asked the doctor a lot of questions and did my research. There wasnít enough testosterone being administered for it to enhance my performance, so it wasnít considered a PED. It wasnít going to make me stronger, faster, or anything like that. All it was supposed to do was bring my testosterone levels up to normal and thatís it. The doctor who did the procedure told me that it wasnít a steroid, and there wasnít enough being given to me to give me any type of edge over another fighter. I felt pretty confident, so I did it. After the procedure, we went back to training for the fight. My doctor told me that the procedure wouldnít make me a fail a drug test and that it is not an illegal substance. So thatís the way I looked at it.

JM: Now, it is a known fact that low testosterone at such a young age is usually a direct result of past steroid abuse. Are there any reasons why you believe you have such abnormally low testosterone at your age?

Lamont Peterson: I have no idea. With that right there, I can tell you that I have recently conducted several tests that can detect for any type of steroid abuse symptoms all of your body. There is no sign or trace in my body in any organ or any place in my body that show any sign of the use of steroids. There isnít one sign. The doctors that are conducting these tests arenít your average doctors either; these are doctors that are well respected.

JM: The(NSAC) and the(VADA) considers applications from athletes to allow the use of otherwise banned substances if there is a valid medical reason and an advance request. This is called a Therapeutic Use Exemption or TUE, and it is not always granted. Why didn't you notify NSAC or VADA about the procedure that you had in November and try to obtain a TUE for the pellets?

Lamont Peterson: I recently was informed that the VADA form clearly states that the therapeutic use exemption only goes back as 14 days. When all of this was going on I didnít even know the rule existed. As far as I was concerned, when I go to any doctor and get treated, I donít need to inform anybody of it. If I go to a dentist and he tells me that I have a bad tooth, so he pulls it out. If they use some type of drug to numb my mouth, I am not thinking about that when I am fighting a month or two later. To me, it never came up because why would it? Itís not like I was going in there thinking I was using a performance enhancing drug. I was thinking I had gone under that procedure for health reasons, not boxing reasons.

JM: What was your reaction when you were notified in April that youíre A sample had tested positive?

Lamont Peterson: At first I thought it was a mistake because I knew damn well that I didnít take any steroids. VADA was telling me that I had tested positive for a steroid and I knew that I hadnít taken any steroids. VADA then told me to go around and look for a cream-like substance that I may have used that caused a the positive test result because they were saying that it had come from a cream-like substance at that point. They wanted me to grab anything cream-like that I had used, gather it together, and send it to them so that they could examine it. So I gathered all the shampoos, lotions, and soaps that I had used; I even gathered all of my daughterís shampoos, lotions, and soaps. Any cream that I had used was sent to VADA because at that point they were saying that the positive test result had come from a cream-like substance. So why would I think that my procedure had anything to do with the positive result when they were saying it came from a cream-like substance at that point? Why would I think of testosterone pellets that are supposed to be legal when VADA was telling me that I had a cream-like substance that was a steroid in my system? Those two donít even go together. I was puzzled. I didnít even really think it was serious at the time but I still wanted to comply with them so I ran around and tried to find and gather anything it possibly could be. They had me thinking: ďdid I drink anything different?Ē or ďhave I worn anything different?Ē I really had no idea what it could possibly be at that moment in time.

JM: When did it occur to you that it was the procedure that had caused you to test positive by VADA?
Lamont Peterson: I had them test sample B and sample B had come back positive as well. When it came back positive this time, VADA claimed that it was testosterone. They had never once mentioned testosterone when they said it was a cream-like substance steroid. But when sample B came back positive, all of a sudden they said it was testosterone. Once they said that, I told them about the procedure. I wasnít trying to hide anything. Nobody was going to know that I did the procedure but since I am not a cheat, I let them know. If I was going to lie, I would lie all the way to my grave. But that is just not me; I am not going to cheat for a fight and lie about it. At that point, as soon as VADA said it was testosterone, my team got together and we knew what it was.

JM: When you were notified in March about youíre A sample testing positive, why did you not inform Team Khan or Golden Boy Promotions?

Lamont Peterson: I didnít know it was my job to do so. VADA was supposed to be in charge of the whole situation. VADA has a protocol and a way that they do things so I thought that they would be taking care of it. I thought that VADA would be contacting the Nevada Commission, Golden Boy, and Khanís team and letting them know about it. VADA was supposed to inform each group of the test results, not Team Peterson.

JM: Why do you suppose that you are not being listened to, despite having a lot of evidence that works in your favor?

Lamont Peterson: I am not sure. I think if I had a promoter like Golden Boy behind me, a lot of these things wouldnít have happened to me the way that they did. They wouldíve fought for me instead of trying to shut me down. Everybody is saying that I cheated and this and that, but at the end of the day I am okay with it. I will take all the bashing that is coming my way and I am not really worried about it because I know that I didnít cheat. It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out.

JM: I have heard that you are going to apply for a boxing license in the state of Nevada. If true, when is that hearing supposed to be held?

Lamont Peterson: Yeah, we have a hearing on June 13th with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Iím 100% sure that I will get licensed and Iíll move on with my career.

JM: If you do obtain a license on that date and you move on with your career, is Amir Khan somebody that you would still want to fight, after all that has happened?

Lamont Peterson: Yeah, I am almost sure that we will fight again. When I fought him the first time, I was sure that I would fight him again and I still feel that way. Eventually, itíll happen. Let him go on for now and I will move on and eventually the build-up to the fight will be bigger and itíll happen. I believe that we have to fight again, one way or another, it has to happen. There has been too much said and done for us not to fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Pretty Boy Greg
Pacman - The GOAT

Rep Power: 16 Pretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond repute

Provided a lot of details thats been missing from Petersons side, whether you believe him or not, he's got a pretty good excuse and I for one am leaning towards believeing him. I just find it hard to believe that a guy who asks for the test turns around and fails them. I would like to hear something from VADA on how high the levels of testosterone was in his body. I think that would provide a more clear answer whether he is lying or not.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,133,751,091,628.06
Total Points: 4,139,248,601,463.16
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Link to the original article?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Pretty Boy Greg
Pacman - The GOAT

http://www.boxing talk.com/pag/article.php?aid=23421

sure thing bro, its boxing talk, take out the space between boxing and talk
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,133,751,091,628.06
Total Points: 4,139,248,601,463.16
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
Ok, thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Lorily
currently out of stock

Rep Power: 23 Lorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 108,824,800,196,897.92
Total Points: 108,825,363,863,084.84
Drink it (mixed with love potion) - led To my wifey on Valentine's day: You're gawjus! Love you muchly ... just wait till you get your real pressie ;) rarrrrrrrr xx - *Boss Lady* love ya Lori,could give ya green for ya post so I thought to give ya a love heart... - Rome-By-Ko Hearts on fire, strong desire! - VERSATILE2K12 To keep those haters from dropping on you. - VERSATILE2K12 
Keeping it good and sweet :-) - VERSATILE2K12 What could have been - EngorgedW/Blood For your integrity in posting! - jazluvr Happy early birfday, sweetheart. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy - Bossy 
Birthday - Bossy Lovely - Bossy Wifey - Bossy Kisses :kiss: - Bossy Happy bday M. - led* 
Happy b-day L!! - the mesiah Happy Birthday have some cake - MARKBNLV Happy holidays Moonlight! - led* Happy new year to you! - jazluvr Hey there luv hope all is well... - Rome-By-Ko 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mathed Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr 

If they strip Lamont and give the belts and titles back to Amir, no way in hell Khan is gonna agree to fight Peterson again.... ever, IMO.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Furn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Furn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,939,232,779,954.56
Total Points: 19,939,232,867,970.04
Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny stuff - hectari 

The thing that makes no sense in his story is that if the doctor found low testosterone levels in a young man who is a pro athlete, surely you would want to know why he has these low levels.

Its just not normal for a fit healthy young man to have low levels, it could be a symptom of something serious. Yet this doc didnt seem at all concerned.

I mean a doctor doesnt just see you have high blood sugar and say here take some insulin, you do tests for diabetes.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Pretty Boy Greg
Pacman - The GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorily View Post
If they strip Lamont and give the belts and titles back to Amir, no way in hell Khan is gonna agree to fight Peterson again.... ever, IMO.
I totally agree with you, Khan will cry and biatch all day long about peterson screwing him over and that he has nothing to prove
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
mani1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 mani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,123.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furn View Post
The thing that makes no sense in his story is that if the doctor found low testosterone levels in a young man who is a pro athlete, surely you would want to know why he has these low levels.

Its just not normal for a fit healthy young man to have low levels, it could be a symptom of something serious. Yet this doc didnt seem at all concerned.

I mean a doctor doesnt just see you have high blood sugar and say here take some insulin, you do tests for diabetes.
According to Victor Conte Peterson did not have low testosterone levels, he also stated he went to a quack as no hormone DR would prescribe he roids.
He believes the Dr needs to be investigated and his free test levels were down which indicates over training and a couple of days rest would sort that out.

This information is on his twitter.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
mani1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 mani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these partsmani1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,123.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
I totally agree with you, Khan will cry and biatch all day long about peterson screwing him over and that he has nothing to prove
Why didnt the ghost rematch salido after his b sample did not contain peds?