Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 PM
WESS
Most Definitely

Location: From the beaches of F.L.A. to the mountains of W.A.
Rep Power: 41 WESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,633,797,662,570.16
Total Points: 14,870,859,480,695.56
Have a beer bro - deanrw For getting me a Roy Jones Jr. autograph!!! - TRUTH I love you baby! - JESS & WESS this is what all pactards want to do to you but they cant - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
God I hate u filipinos so much!!! fuk manny pacquiao stupid filipino, my hero floyd will whoop him - WESS - Panginoon until I can give you green k. - Round 1 Tri-Cities WA Wine Consultant - WESS 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WESS World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
Here's a different a video of me boxing , These two videos of me boxing show how i usually peform.

What base is that?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 AM
MRBOOMER
My skin I get it

Rep Power: 9 MRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 287,940,582,470,784.75
Total Points: 287,940,582,505,125.44
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil &quot;Best I've ever faced&quot; thread, awesome read! - jose830 Good thread. - FeFist &quot;The best I've ever faced&quot; = great thread - mathed all around good poster. - I'm so sorry 
Thanks bro - komodo No Message - MRBOOMER 
Head and Neck Cancer - I'm so sorry Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MRBOOMER Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MRBOOMER Hepatitis C - MRBOOMER 

You staying in one place to long. You need to move your head more and punch off at different speeds because if you don't eventually someone's gonna time your punches if they keep comming the same it looks like you think to hard about what you wanna do it shoul flow more natural then that...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
greynotsoold
Contender

Rep Power: 3 greynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,009,551.90

You do a couple things that mess you up. First, when you jab you let your weight shift up onto your left foot. There's a couple reason why you shouldn't do that, one of them being that, when somebody throws a right over you jab you'll be leaning right into it. But what it does to you here is, it keeps you from really turning on your right hand, because your weight is already up there, it that makes sense.
Another things is this: When you step with that jab you very often forget to bring the right foot up, too. That is why, when you throw combinations, you are slapping at the end. Your feet are too far apart to get your weight turned, especially on the left hook.
You can tighten up your movement to the right, which is something I really believe in, even against a southpaw. (Froch did it all night to Bute)Just slide your left foot over a couple inches to the right, then pivot on it. Throw the jab as you move your left foot, the right on the pivot, the hook when your feet set. You'll find it will make your punches much more fluid and more powerful.
To throw good combinations, I would suggest the following...Throw one punch at a time...A jab, then a right, a hook, an uppercut, etc...Throw each one correctly, getting your weight turned, your balance right, and so on. Then pick up the pace, but never lose the integrity of any punch. When you are throwing them right, giving each punch it's due, then you start getting the chain effect of your weight moving back and forth and your punches become faster and harder.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
theproof
Contender

Total Points: 4,082.87

i don't want to be a dick but being old school. we never hit the heavy bag wearing regular gloves. to get those forearms and wrist strong lose the big ass gloves. you don't have to ko the bag just experiment on getting leverage. you will notice which shots have power and which don't by how they land. could be leaning the shoulder or punching over the top (lockrage/witherspoon) or half hook uppercut (ruddock) which is taught to be wrong. i don't see the bag moving not because you can't punch but because of leverage and distance. never use the bag as an opponent it is not for acting like it is an opponent. it can't hit back. any fighter with bad hands will tell you. it ain't that important. you do however throw straight and correct shots. a lost art bro. keep it up.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Be_kind_rewind
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Be_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,679.94

Sheppard Air Force Base wichita Falls
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Be_kind_rewind
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Be_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESS View Post
What base is that?
It's sheppard air force base in whichita falls texas, You air force?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Be_kind_rewind
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBOOMER View Post
You staying in one place to long. You need to move your head more and punch off at different speeds because if you don't eventually someone's gonna time your punches if they keep comming the same it looks like you think to hard about what you wanna do it shoul flow more natural then that...

BUT HOW!? I FEEL LIKE IF I LET MY PUNCHES GO I Won't THROW ONE RIGHT.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Be_kind_rewind
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproof View Post
i don't want to be a dick but being old school. we never hit the heavy bag wearing regular gloves. to get those forearms and wrist strong lose the big ass gloves. you don't have to ko the bag just experiment on getting leverage. you will notice which shots have power and which don't by how they land. could be leaning the shoulder or punching over the top (lockrage/witherspoon) or half hook uppercut (ruddock) which is taught to be wrong. i don't see the bag moving not because you can't punch but because of leverage and distance. never use the bag as an opponent it is not for acting like it is an opponent. it can't hit back. any fighter with bad hands will tell you. it ain't that important. you do however throw straight and correct shots. a lost art bro. keep it up.
thank you, Sometimes I hit the bag when i shadow box, and the treating the bag like an opponent idea does make sense, The bag defintely doesn't hit back , lol