Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2012, 03:37 PM
gaz26
Contender

Rep Power: 3 gaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 44,583.81
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Smile there is truth in this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alza1988 View Post
I think there's a bit of a myth in this thread tbh .You can target a specific area for example without crunches you won't have a good six pack .Without squats no glutes etc .What I mean is the best fat burner is muscle so if you want to target one area hit it like a bodybulding style and get the burn and pump and you'll get alot better results .If he was to start doing supersets of chest exercises and training them to failure like a bodybuilder he would get better results than cardio and probably overnight results .
you need to expand your chest...the bigger you chest gets the more the fat cells will be spread out (less dense) men naturally carry fat on their chest, ab's and butt (women hips) you need to do flat bench press, incline dumbell press and finnish with a drop set of flyes to really finnish your chest off...you will lose fat from training but the added size will make the fat less dense...remember you aren't actually losing fat (cells) when you burn it, you are just shrinking the cell volume...i had trouble with fat on my lower back even tho every where else was lean...maybe u got some gynecomastia going on but surgery is the only way to solve that....good luck
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Jack3d
Banned

Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Rep Power: 0 Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 253,227,219.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by alza1988 View Post
I think there's a bit of a myth in this thread tbh .You can target a specific area for example without crunches you won't have a good six pack .Without squats no glutes etc .What I mean is the best fat burner is muscle so if you want to target one area hit it like a bodybulding style and get the burn and pump and you'll get alot better results .If he was to start doing supersets of chest exercises and training them to failure like a bodybuilder he would get better results than cardio and probably overnight results .
You cannot target specific areas to burn fat. It's not a myth. If your body was able to do that then there wouldn't be such a huge market for cosmetic surgeries like liposuction, stomach and ass tucking.

What you are suggesting is that by adding to a muscle group it will give off the appearance of having lost fat because there is more lean mass present in that area. But you'll still be fat. Muscle does burn fat, but once again. The body burns fat as a whole and wherever the fat reduction occurs, the order is based entirely on genetics and gender.

And there are different types of fat tissue. Some can be lost with diet and exercise and others simply don't respond to that. Like Adipose and Breast Tissue (gyno)

Last edited by Jack3d; 05-18-2012 at 07:31 PM.