No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Mayweather or Pacquiao Rematch is Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Mayweather or Pacquiao Rematch is Possible

In the coming weeks, former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) is planning to meet with his team to discuss several possibilities for a fall return. On May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Cotto lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) in a very competitive fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pacquio isn't unless it's at 147

Comment

mayweather rematch is useless and pac will weight drain you

Comment

Pac at 154? I got Cotto..

Comment

no point in even mentioning Manny unless he wants to go down to 147

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
            Mayweather rematched Castillo after they had a close fight so it could happen.. it would still be one of the biggest money fights, especially since Cotto put up a good fight, so you can bet its being considered by both camps..

Comment

If Floyd fights Cotto again, i'd like to see him outbox Cotto instead of outfight him. Mayweather purposely fought Cotto toe to toe because he promised the fans he would do that. Because of this, the fight was more exciting and Cotto was able to win 2 rounds as opposed to none. I don't watch Mayweather fights to get excited, I watch him to shut people out and outbox them. He showed in the first 4 rounds and the last 4 rounds, that his legs are fine. He was moving and outboxing Cotto pretty easily from rounds 9-12, if you really have no legs anymore, you can't move like that in the 9th, 10th and championship rounds.

But please, do not make this fight. I rather see Mayweather vs Canelo or Martinez. But neither of those fights are possible for 2012, since both fighters have fights in September. Floyd's options are very low.

Cotto vs Pacquiao is another fight that should not happen. Since Cotto will be forced to come down from his comfort zone of 154 and be weight drained against the catchweight king.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                Spoken like a moron. Are you? Their fight was very competitive. Read the damn article, if it doesn't hurt your head, then comment. Logic was used in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
                  Spoken like a moron. Are you? Their fight was very competitive. Read the damn article, if it doesn't hurt your head, then comment. Logic was used in it.
                  and cotto was lucky to win 4 rounds

Comment

Just say NO to Catch Weights!

Cotto has more leverage now that he's not on Arum's plantation any longer. If Manny wants a Cotto rematch, it will have to take place above 150 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X