Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Roman Moreno
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,045.73
although we disagree at times, you are a very good poster.  Good stuff champ!! - Atreyu Khalil living in a 3rd world country, i bet ur feet are dirty lolol - EDP445 Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Well I'd pick Floyd to beat anyone H2H at 130, but I think Arguello would have been a tough fight. He was a bit taller than Floyd, and the same length as Floyd, so Floyd's reach wouldn't be a big advantage.. Arguello was a big SFW.

And the other toughest one would be Chavez. He would make Floyd work for everything, relentless pressure.

Chavez and Arguello for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
I feel you either Chavez or Arguello
I disagree. Floyd style would have been a nightmare for Arguello. And, Floyd wouldn't have problem with Arguello. Of course Arguello would have a punchers chance, if he landed that right. But, that could be a masterful performance by Floyd.

At 130 Chavez was still pretty green. I think Floyd handles him too. Chavez best chance to beat Floyd might have been at 135 or 140.

I would give Azumah Nelson a better chance in beating Floyd at 130 than I do Arguello and Chavez.

With Saddler I think it would depend on what era they fight in. If they fought in this era, Floyd wins. Even though Floyd could be rough, mean, dirty fighter at times, in those departments he wasn't on Saddler level. I repeat in those departments. Not talking about anything else just those departments. Saddler wouldn't have been allowed to impose his style and will in this recent era. Floyd would win. However, if they fought in Saddler era where Saddler would be allowed. I don't think Floyd beats him. I think Floyd has a long ass night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Ros View Post
When Floyd moved up to fight Castillo, he was 136 on fight night.

Please compare that to Pac, Morales, barrera, etc who were 140 or more fighting as SFW's.

Pac was a SFW and weighing 144 on fight night.
Floyd was pretty lanky for that weight-class he was pretty big. Compare him to the greats that the TS put on there. Only Arguello is definitely bigger that's it. So Floyd for historic purposed size more on the big side than the small side.

Not sure why you don't see it. It won't take away from Floyd greatness at that weight. Maybe you're trying to give him extra credit for that weight. Don't know, but Floyd was more on the big side than the small side for that weight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
goblin213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 goblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,089,249,224,717.26
Total Points: 2,089,249,283,583.50
On me bro - rorymac Brilliant poster. Haha! - dancovboxer i like your avatar - zab191 

He beats all.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,057,064,005,312.28
Total Points: 12,067,064,094,855.16
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Quote:
Mayweather is definitely one of the greatest ever at this weight...although he didnt stay at the weight a longtime he accomplished alot, and shot that he was destined to become an all-time great...so I will list the greatest super featherweights of all time and lets discuss how he would fair against them in NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1) Alexis Arguello
2)Azumah Nelson
3)Flash Elorde
4)Sammy Serrano
5)Kid Chocolate
6)Julio Cesar Chavez
7)Sandy Saddler
8)Brian Mitchell
9)Alfredo Escalara
10)Hiroshi Kaboyashi

I think he could possibly beat them all he was huge for the weight, probably the most athletically gifted champion there and already had a great defense

IMO Arguello and Sandy Sadder had the best shot....Saddler because of the power size and rough tactics...Arguello with that great power and technique
Quote:
go on youtube and check em out...Sammy Serrano was really good in the late 70's and early 80's...who havent you checked out yet?
I'll check them out. I saw Chavez, Saddler, Arguello and Nelson but none of the others. I overlooked Chavez. He was better than Castillo. He would be a very hard fight for Floyd. He could box and punch and really work the body. You could not hurt him and he had great stamina.