Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
View Poll Results: Do you think creating a "Boxing Today for Boxing History users" forum is a good idea?
Yes, it is a good idea. 18 72.00%
No, I could not care less about today's boxing. 0 0%
No, I am happy with NSB, *****s and *******s 2 8.00%
No, I am happy with the occasional non malicious abuse of Boxing History 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,481,814,813,718.44
Total Points: 56,512,047,932,084.38
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Did you understand what you wrote Sully? Makes no sense at all.

Wmute: it's a good idea but hard to go about.

Sully, I hope you're not suggesting that the appropriate term is 'I could care less' instead of I couldn't care less? When you think about it properly, as English was meant to be used, I could care less really means that you actually care about something and that it's possible for you to care less. You use I couldn't care less to show that you have reached the rock bottom of caring and there is no way of possibly caring any less about something than you already do.

Last edited by BennyST; 05-13-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 PM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,686,195.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.
Er, no. You're flat out wrong.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,842,852.55
Total Points: 120,129,969,205.73
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
I don't think they'll create a new forum, but if there are no objections from the other mods I'll create threads for the big fights and just delete all trolling and bait posts, putting repeated offenders on ignored. I just need the regulars not to respond to it. Hit up ban stick, reed or boxingscene (the mod) about your idea though, they would be of more assistance than myself and maybe they'll create that forum if its possible. I know there is alot of interest in it from serious posters not only in this section but NSB as well.
Can we create threads on a new fight we just saw or would you only be able to start one? I like talking about newer fights here sometimes, but don't often get too many responses when I do. I mean, I know this is boxing history, but whether it happened years ago or yesterday, it's still the past, which makes it history, so I don't see why we couldn't start threads about newer fights, big or not. Like maybe something about a fight that just happened or a new star in the sport or any up and coming prospects.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:46 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,902,653.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Can we create threads on a new fight we just saw or would you only be able to start one? I like talking about newer fights here sometimes, but don't often get too many responses when I do. I mean, I know this is boxing history, but whether it happened years ago or yesterday, it's still the past, which makes it history, so I don't see why we couldn't start threads about newer fights, big or not. Like maybe something about a fight that just happened or a new star in the sport or any up and coming prospects.
I think we should save the random threads for NSB and the "history today" thread. I think our regulars would agree we don't want to attract any more trolls than we have to. I'll be PM'ing other mods tomorrow to get their opinions and advice on some of the ideas being suggested. Would have done it already but my weekends are crazy hectic with work. I have 45hrs in just the last 3 days.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 AM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 63 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765,264,944,492,063.00
Total Points: 1,765,269,952,003,624.25
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

I lurk in this section quite a bit to learn and occasionally contribute on fighters or eras where I feel I have something to add to the conversation. That being said, I also love arguing in NSB about anything.

Really outside of Pac/May/Khan the threads about up and coming fighters aren't heavily viewed and the only people contributing are people who have watched the fighters quite a bit or are curious about them. If you ignore the typical NSB stuff you can find yourself in a good discussions about pretty much anyone that isn't an "A-lister."

Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 05-14-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 AM
lazy
workaholic

Rep Power: 180 lazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond reputelazy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,169,048,796,846,951.00
Total Points: 5,169,048,796,848,655.00
For a super poster/member! - jazluvr A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! have a beer lazy boy - led one aint enough - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Easter egg.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thirsty? - danny711 20K posts.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas - TBear Happy New Year. - Round 1 
long live the drunk lang - Sweet Pea 50 Thanks for the good word - jazluvr you are most welcome :) - Bossy cheers! - -jose- Beterbiev - wladavit 
lol - -jose- Merry chistmas lazy - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

I don't think a new forum would stop all the Mayweather and current fighter threads. There are three Mayweather threads on the first page alone now. It is looking like the Nonstop boxing section lately. I think setting up a few new rules would have a better result.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 32 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,502,923,485.14
Total Points: 28,503,128,292.84

I would like to back my initial idea again after reading comments. I think that

1) In general we want BH to be about fighters from the past (as the tile suggest).

2) Many of us (and I can see that from the number of posts in the Mayweather threads "polluting" the first page of BH) would like to discuss current events with the people in BH. The reason for that is that -to put it bluntly- NSB is populated by idiots and/or people who started watching boxing in the last 5 years.

IF it is feasible to create a new forum with limited access, where the limits are based on some user statistics, then it should be possible to make the requirement some thing like "at least 100 posts in BH". Then we have a new forum where we can discuss current events without the NSB-oinly people, that can't be too bad, can it?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,135,226.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.
See all this? This is the opposite of correct.

Also, I don't think we need much more than the History Today thread.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 30 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,233,820,463.55
Total Points: 59,233,932,367.89
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy Nice looking beard :fing02: my brother has one similar to yours, that mofo takes care of that thing more than he takes care of his wife lol - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
See all this? This is the opposite of correct.
as your argument for rating jack johnson lower is quite valid, i personally look up to him as a hero and Im sorry but i couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:58 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,135,226.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
as your argument for rating jack johnson lower is quite valid, i personally look up to him as a hero and Im sorry but i couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do.
Okay, that's great. It's still "I couldn't care less."