Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Alonzo Harris
you federally fu*ked now.

Rep Power: 9 Alonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,902,469,373.07
Total Points: 55,907,479,295.53
Have this ya miserabe sod. j/k - T-97 Thanks , bud. Good fight. Have a beer. - Left Hook Tua 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Roger08 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Roger08 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Roger08 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Roger08 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Roger08 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Roger08 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Roger08 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Roger08 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Roger08 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Roger08 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Roger08 Autism - Roger08 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Roger08 Head and Neck Cancer - Roger08 Hepatitis C - Roger08 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Roger08 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Roger08 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Roger08 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Roger08 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Roger08 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian View Post
Roids started getting big in the early 80's in body building and other sports, as for boxing, back then there were not alot of designer roids like there were in the 90's and now. Most of the juice back then gave you size and strength which would be deterimental to WW size guys, but im sure they were coked out back then.

In my opinion, every major heavyweight of the 80's, 90's even 2000's with the expection of Forman and Ruiz were probably juicing. Now this is not to say they juiced during training camp which i think most of the heavyweights did, but they were juicing at some point to get that size. When designer PED's became more popular in the 90's and 00's then the WW etc. could juice and still keep their weight low. Even RJJ was cranking, no way he got up to HW without it. Mosley, Oscar are two other big names.

Currently, my guess is guys do not juice during training camp because of all the testing, but it is often used for "healing" in between fights. Personally i think even when Floyd took his hiatus from the sport, there is a very good chance he was doing some "healing".

Often, just like in politics, the guy that is making the most noise about an issue, is usually guilty himself. Peterson is a fine example of this, in his case knowingly or not since he wanted the testing in the first place.
Ruiz put velcro on his gloves and super glue on his body so his opponent's coundn't escape his barrage of hugs, True story.

as for Big George he had an anvil in each of his gloves that why he knocked everyone out.

not PED's but still they cheated, I don't have proof of course but who needs proof when you have hearsay and conjecture.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 91 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 142,917,220,295,460.75
Total Points: 1,000,144,920,385,793,280.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

It was and is pretty bad. But in the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century it got ridiculous. I remember one prominent matchmaker tell me, during the middle of the last decade, that 7 of Ring magazines 10 heavyweights were juicing. And he had worked with most of them. I think the numbers would astound people.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
T-97
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Rep Power: 187 T-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,117,391,302,205.04
Total Points: 23,117,391,975,262.69
Romanian Steamie, Enjoy :p - Dorian wipe that semen off your avatar :P - texanballer Have a cookie! - ЯiZO Thanks for the link - Nautilus Thanks bud!! - -ROGELIO- 
I'm not drinking by myself :) - GreatJoe T man KO1 earth - KrisSilver CUNT! - ЯiZO CUNNNNNT! &amp;gt;=[ - ЯiZO The action in which the male ejaculates on his partner's face, and then the male punches his partner's nose, which causes blood to stream forth. The semen and blood fluids create a red and white image, just like the icing and filling of a strawberry - Stewie 
A small token of appreciation for your generosity! T FTW! - danc1984 For being one of the good guys. - FRKO To: T - TRAVI$ Happy New Year Mr T! - KrisSilver For being amazingly generous. My dude, you rock. - FRKO 
eat cookies - Jewshua I.O.U 500k - RiΖO For a lover of quality music - jazluvr Leave again and you die - Uns No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - abosworth Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - abosworth Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Left Hook Tua Hepatitis C - Ryn0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mr._Pink 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger08 View Post
Ruiz put velcro on his gloves and super glue on his body so his opponent's coundn't escape his barrage of hugs, True story.

as for Big George he had an anvil in each of his gloves that why he knocked everyone out.

not PED's but still they cheated, I don't have proof of course but who needs proof when you have hearsay and conjecture.
Foreman was obviously roiding. In the first half of his career he was lean and strong (coughpedscough), when he came back suddenly he was huge. Why? He stopped taking PEDs, obviously.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Alonzo Harris
you federally fu*ked now.

Rep Power: 9 Alonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond reputeAlonzo Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,902,469,373.07
Total Points: 55,907,479,295.53
Have this ya miserabe sod. j/k - T-97 Thanks , bud. Good fight. Have a beer. - Left Hook Tua 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Roger08 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Roger08 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Roger08 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Roger08 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Roger08 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Roger08 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Roger08 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Roger08 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Roger08 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Roger08 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Roger08 Autism - Roger08 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Roger08 Head and Neck Cancer - Roger08 Hepatitis C - Roger08 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Roger08 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Roger08 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Roger08 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Roger08 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Roger08 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-97 View Post
Foreman was obviously roiding. In the first half of his career he was lean and strong (coughpedscough), when he came back suddenly he was huge. Why? He stopped taking PEDs, obviously.
yeah it was nothing to do with his age it was just roids, just look at Roy Jones' and James Toney's ***** tits to see what roids do when you stop taking them.

Rumour has it that Big george puts a small amount of roids in his Grills and that's why all the fat REALLY comes out of your meat...
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 317 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,278,756,391,728,484,352.00
Total Points: 13,279,356,504,812,521,472.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry xmas - Ether Happy Holidays Makie!  :kiss: - Lorily Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 42k post medal! - Flabulous 
For good luck - jazluvr I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas 
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
It was and is pretty bad. But in the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century it got ridiculous. I remember one prominent matchmaker tell me, during the middle of the last decade, that 7 of Ring magazines 10 heavyweights were juicing. And he had worked with most of them. I think the numbers would astound people.

last time the division entertained me...pretty interesting
Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,399,269,251.07
Total Points: 112,630,481,322.24
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian View Post
Roids started getting big in the early 80's in body building and other sports, as for boxing, back then there were not alot of designer roids like there were in the 90's and now. Most of the juice back then gave you size and strength which would be deterimental to WW size guys, but im sure they were coked out back then.

In my opinion, every major heavyweight of the 80's, 90's even 2000's with the expection of Forman and Ruiz were probably juicing. Now this is not to say they juiced during training camp which i think most of the heavyweights did, but they were juicing at some point to get that size. When designer PED's became more popular in the 90's and 00's then the WW etc. could juice and still keep their weight low. Even RJJ was cranking, no way he got up to HW without it. Mosley, Oscar are two other big names.

Currently, my guess is guys do not juice during training camp because of all the testing, but it is often used for "healing" in between fights. Personally i think even when Floyd took his hiatus from the sport, there is a very good chance he was doing some "healing".

Often, just like in politics, the guy that is making the most noise about an issue, is usually guilty himself. Peterson is a fine example of this, in his case knowingly or not since he wanted the testing in the first place.
i read steroids were rampant by the mid 60's
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,961,407,272,425.62
Total Points: 120,961,407,277,765.09
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Bob Fitzsimmons' training camp was run by Antonio Ariza, the great uncle of Alex Ariza.
Seriously look it up, explains how he could knock out people 30 pounds heavier than him.
Uggggg! Why did you do that first thing in the morning before my Mark IV Sarcasm Detector was fully calibrated? :frustrated9:

Poet
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 15 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,169,691.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Cocaine was used by a lot of old school guys that is for sure

I am sure many was on Roids, especially the ones who wasn't as gifted or as talented as the Top Fighters
Old 05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
NoLove
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 NoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond reputeNoLove has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 135,897,477.44
Total Points: 136,520,873.26
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 

Tyson is a very clear one. Mood swings are a steroid side effect.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
bose
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 bose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,633.13

Floyd Mayweather