Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: In your opinion, how long did Margarito cheat?
Just the Mosley fight 11 28.21%
Cotto fight, and the network fights of the 2000's 16 41.03%
Pre 2000... 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 46 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,492,215,423,565,118.00
Total Points: 15,492,215,423,551,400.00
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryx2011 View Post
if i was a betting man id pay after the Paul Williams fight when he start knocking everyone out
This Larry youve been sharp lately. That Williams fight was legit though and one of my recent favorites.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
pdei47
Banned

Rep Power: 0 pdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 56,130.55

Sergio is another hyped up pacroid. Every hater of Floyd wants Sergio to fight him & it doesn't matter that they are in two different weight class. Haters are so focus on finding a fighter to beat Floyd they would beg a heavyweight to drain himself down to 147-150 to try to make that fight. If Sergio is so good than fight in his weight class & stop looking for a big paycheck.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,290,588,033,356.91
Total Points: 10,300,588,122,041.90
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

As I understand the rules someone from the opponent's team and someone from the boxing comission are supposed to be watching a boxer getting his hands wrapped starting with bare hands. After the hands are wrapped the wraps are signed to prevent tampering. If these rules were followed he would have to load his gloves right in front of professional boxing people. That does not seem likely to me. Steward was Cintron's trainer for his fight with Margarito and he witnessed the wrapping of Margarito's hands. He said Margarito's gloves were not loaded. Margarito seemed to hit damn hard in that Cintron fight.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 AM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 165,837.58
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

I dont think he cheated anywhere throughout his career.Margarito balloned up in weight after the Cotto victory something he apparently never did,came in real heavy into camp suppose to have looked **** in sparring injured his back at one point and so had to lose a ****load off weight the last week,Capetillio was extremely worried (he has said this himself) before the fight and so loaded Margarito's wraps he said it was accidental which is bull**** whether Tony knew is another story anyway thats my opinion.On the Martinez video Capetillio did not train him at that time so it would be incredible for Margarito to have request his trainer load his wraps change trainers and do it again
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,766,236,027,375.18
Total Points: 52,796,469,138,497.20
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

I don't believe so. The first fight was just completely different (Cotto fight). Cotto was drawn into war straight away and hurt quite badly as early as the second round.

I think they saw Marg struggling with weight and not looking too good going into the Mosley fight and tried to find a way to beat him and still look impressive, as they knew that Mosley was a seriously tough hombre and had never been stopped before or never really tired badly in the late rounds, like Cotto had.

I think it was a bit of a desperation act and Nazim was quick enough to catch it. I just don't believe that anyone can go one, two, or even three massive, PPV, HBO, worldwide boxing fights without someone noticing something straight away.

I think you just need to watch the first four rounds of their first fight to see just how different it is. Cotto doesn't move away, he doesn't clinch and doesn't fight smart and he takes a serious beating in just those first three rounds to the body and face. He took more punishment and got hit more in those first 3 or 4 rounds than he did in the entire second fight combined. Different fighters, different times. You can't look at both fights and argue from that alone. If Margarito had been the same fighter, landed the same punches and Cotto had fought the same way, then you might be able to say "Hey look, his punches didn't bust him up as much", but the Lujan ear thing was because of Lujan's cauliflower ear from wrestling and it swelled up from all the punches landed to the side of his head. That's not that big a deal.

Most of the guys he was knocking out between everything were chumps anyway, and had been knocked out by other guys too.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,766,236,027,375.18
Total Points: 52,796,469,138,497.20
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryx2011 View Post
if i was a betting man id pay after the Paul Williams fight when he start knocking everyone out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
This Larry youve been sharp lately. That Williams fight was legit though and one of my recent favorites.
You mean the three fights against Golden Johnson, who had been knocked out previously in half of his other losses, Cintron, who he beat even easier by KO before the Williams fight and was just kind of ****, and Cotto who has also shown himself to be defensively flawed and not the most resilient guy. Lots of heart, just not resilient.

Or maybe you mean all his big fights? You know that he had won every one of his title fights by KO leading up to the Williams fight and after, except for Clottey and Danny Perez?

I guess that just proves that he had been loading since the fight with Santos. Doesn't have anything to do with his style, stamina and pressure.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,248,767,126,371.29
Total Points: 29,248,867,447,552.79
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

I've always felt the cheating began with Cotto. That fight was Margaritos last chance at super stardom and he wouldn't allow it to get away.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
-jose-
Middleweight Champion

Rep Power: 244 -jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,089,017,769,169,498,669,056.00
Total Points: 4,089,017,769,181,845,127,168.00
9er Nation!! - LoadedWraps 9er Nation!! - LoadedWraps No Message - robust_ Lets buy boxingscene - BMT - dan_cov King Cotto, Ready for War! - Da Boxer 
thanks bud..she's the only reason i tolerate that long ass flight lol - -MAKAVELLI- Miguel Cotto es un campeón - Weltschmerz a great day for cotto fans having just beat sergio! - jas For our Cotto victory - jazluvr Latte on me homie. Thanks again - Cleto_Reyes 
Gracias - Scott.Weiland Thanks homie - CASA DE COMBATE e-points betting Rival deserves some Respect - jas to a generous poster - jas For 95,this would of cooled it down - HughJass 
You're the Superman of laughter !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER Cheers Lad - Rocky... To store your riches. It's a state of the art safe that kills anyone w/o authorized access, lol. - jazluvr This one's on me - led Back at ya bro :fing02: - Rapid Counter 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Round 1 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Hepatitis C - Hard Dick World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Hard Dick Childhood Cancer - bigsmoothh Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Illangelo 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Illangelo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - RossCA 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MELLY-MEL... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
I've always felt the cheating began with Cotto. That fight was Margaritos last chance at super stardom and he wouldn't allow it to get away.
When he fought Cintron
Kermit said, " I've never been hit so hard"
"it felt like I was getting hit with rocks"
that didn't mean anything until what happen
in the Mosley fight, I'm not saying Kermit would of
won, Margarito is a better fighter regardless...
but when you put one and one together
you assume lots of things...
but you have a good point...
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Chuckguy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Chuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,016,248,440.99
No Message - gancho_al_igado this ones on me - KING MEAT Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose830 View Post
I think Margarito gave a great performance on that
Martinez fight
even though Martinez wasn't the Martinez we
see today
he would destroy Margarito today
but on that cheating subject
is all based on opinions
he got caught in the Mosley fight and I believe
it wasn't the first time but that's my opinion
I don't believe his whole career...
I believe he did with Cintron even though I think
he could of beat Cintron without cheating,
definitely Cotto vs Margarito 1 my opinion and
the other millions of Puerto Ricans opinion too.

We Will Never Know
See this is what I have a problem with.
Cotto has soft skin and swells up and suts fairly easy. In the rematch take away the broken orbital bone in Margs eye and he looks unscathed. Cotto looked much worst and Tony hardly landed that fight because Cotto was on his Lance Armstrong 10 speed the whole night.
When Cotto fought Pac his faced looked almost as bad as it did in the Margs fight. Are you going to say that Pac was loading his gloves too?
Im not here to say he is clean because I will never know but I do know that the Mosley fight was suppose to be a easy win for him that would lead to the mega fight he wnated so he took a chance and loaded his gloves.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
VaBoriKua2012
King Of Kingz

Rep Power: 0 VaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these partsVaBoriKua2012 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 20,410,040,447.83
Total Points: 20,410,056,684.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckguy View Post
See this is what I have a problem with.
Cotto has soft skin and swells up and suts fairly easy. In the rematch take away the broken orbital bone in Margs eye and he looks unscathed. Cotto looked much worst and Tony hardly landed that fight because Cotto was on his Lance Armstrong 10 speed the whole night.
When Cotto fought Pac his faced looked almost as bad as it did in the Margs fight. Are you going to say that Pac was loading his gloves too?
Im not here to say he is clean because I will never know but I do know that the Mosley fight was suppose to be a easy win for him that would lead to the mega fight he wnated so he took a chance and loaded his gloves.
When had cottos face ever gotten like that pre margacheato? Also once something like that happens to u ur skin is much more prone to get cut easier.