Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 AM
bose
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 bose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond reputebose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,630.13

If you want to see another total domination and one very tough s.o.b, see Chavez fight vs. Dwight Prachett. Prachett was top contender but Chavez on another level.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Florence52
Amateur

Total Points: 309.77

Everyone I've talked to that saw that fight thinks Randall clearly won that first fight by several points. It shouldn't have taken 2 penalties for Randall to get that decision.

Last edited by Florence52; 04-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,636,023.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence52 View Post
Everyone I've talked to that saw that fight thinks Randall clearly won that first fight by several points. It shouldn't have taken 2 penalties for Randall to get that decision.
Everyone knows Chavez lost to Randall. Not sure what your post has to do with anything.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,461,154.99
Total Points: 120,121,581,084.71
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

He reposted what I wrote. I said Randall beat Chavez in the first fight, but the scores were too close. I was just wondering why it was so difficult for guys to win decisions against Chavez in his prime. Whitaker was clearly screwed out of a unanimous decision win against him and if Taylor 1 hadn't been stopped Meldrick woud've won a split decision, but that should've been unaunimous as well. I was just wondering if this was the workings of the corrupt WBC. Were judges just paid off in some Chavez fights sometimes or were they just that bad? And hurt or not, Taylor should've been allowed to continue. Steele should've known there was less than 10 seconds left by the light in the corner in front of him. Chavez himself even called that a gift.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 AM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,300,627.79
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Funny you claim the Steele helped Chavez against Taylor but ignore Cortez letting Whitaker hit Chavez in the nutsack a dozen times.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Snake...
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Snake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,016,217,995.91
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
He reposted what I wrote. I said Randall beat Chavez in the first fight, but the scores were too close. I was just wondering why it was so difficult for guys to win decisions against Chavez in his prime. Whitaker was clearly screwed out of a unanimous decision win against him and if Taylor 1 hadn't been stopped Meldrick woud've won a split decision, but that should've been unaunimous as well. I was just wondering if this was the workings of the corrupt WBC. Were judges just paid off in some Chavez fights sometimes or were they just that bad? And hurt or not, Taylor should've been allowed to continue. Steele should've known there was less than 10 seconds left by the light in the corner in front of him. Chavez himself even called that a gift.
Chavez was better then that bum in your avi
Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 AM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,309,780,363.45
Total Points: 25,309,983,221.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
Rosario was a top ten lb4lb fighter, the sport's best puncher, and Chavez moved up in weight to face him. Chavez walked right through him and administered one of the most complete and brutal beatings in boxing history.
What do you mean by the best puncher?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,636,023.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmute View Post
What do you mean by the best puncher?
In 1987,Edwin Rosario was lb4lb the best puncher in the sport, at least in my opinion. He's one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,309,780,363.45
Total Points: 25,309,983,221.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
In 1987,Edwin Rosario was lb4lb the best puncher in the sport, at least in my opinion. He's one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen.
Helluva puncher no doubt, but I believe there was a harder hitter in the same ring on the same night... ;-)
Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,855,178.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmute View Post
Helluva puncher no doubt, but I believe there was a harder hitter in the same ring on the same night... ;-)
I disagree with that entirely. Rosario had way more explosive power than Chavez. Chavez was just much more skilled and was able to nullify a lot of Rosario's power with defense and distance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I remember JJ being on that card, lol. Don King often paired JCC and him in fights.
Still, Rosario nearly had JJ level power.

Last edited by Steak; 04-29-2012 at 11:26 AM.