Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
arraamis
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 32 arraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond reputearraamis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,455,319,150,396.41
Total Points: 7,148,589,494,681.14
Tasty - ??? No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis 
No Message - arraamis Tasty... - ??? have one on me! - Alx. have a gift bro - chiguy91 Gift - eddie_monster 
Well done on 4k posts :D - *Boss Lady* Vday love :D - *Boss Lady* No Message - chiguy91 have a gift bro. - chiguy91 thx - Starof David 
please return the favor, bro. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - FkDaHtrs great poster - sugarsmosley 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Kuyukut Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - arraamis Childhood Cancer - arraamis 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - chiguy91 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Starof David Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Starof David Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Starof David Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jury 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Lightbulb Strange silence in the Mayweather camp

Lately, I've been reading a lot of articles about Cotto's preparation and progress, his training and his work with Diaz.

But, aside from the 24\7 episode#1 and this profile feature coming up in late April, not much from the Mayweather camp. No trash-talking, no loud noises, no father\son fights .... nothing but an eerie silence and rumors of the work being put in at the gym by Floyd.

Highly unusual!!!!!

If I were to gauge this unusual behavior from an outsider's speculative standpoint -- I would say that Floyd for the first time in years, has pretty much locked himself away and is focused solely on putting on a performance like none before.
As I think back, this was the fight Floyd's wanted for years, and when he fought Brussless who made every attempt to mimic Cotto's style -- And while Cotto was in attendance, Floyd put on a teasing performance, making easy work of the Cotto clone.

What I've seen from the released video is a totally Committed Mayweather, but committed to what???

A stellar performance or to drive home something he's wanted to drive home for years ....

That even though Cotto is one of the very best in the sport and many have felt that he was avoided by Mayweather. {Losing sight of the Arum factor} Floyd is going to show once and for all, that he never had any reason to avoid Cotto, that he knows how to beat Cotto at his best weight, with his best trainer and make it look easy ......

Sure, I believe Cotto's got a shot, I would be foolish to think otherwise -- But I think we are going to see a completely possessed and obsessed Mayweather on May 5th, that will leave no doubt, who is the best boxer in the world. This, I feel is going to be Floyd's signature fight and a clear statement ... that he is the very best.

This is going to be a "MUST SEE" fight and I am sooo freakin excited .... !!!!!

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,156,538.86
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arraamis View Post
Lately, I've been reading a lot of articles about Cotto's preparation and progress, his training and his work with Diaz.

But, aside from the 24\7 episode#1 and this profile feature coming up in late April, not much from the Mayweather camp. No trash-talking, no loud noises, no father\son fights .... nothing but an eerie silence and rumors of the work being put in at the gym by Floyd.

Highly unusual!!!!!

If I were to gauge this unusual behavior from an outsider's speculative standpoint -- I would say that Floyd for the first time in years, has pretty much locked himself away and is focused solely on putting on a performance like none before.
As I think back, this was the fight Floyd's wanted for years, and when he fought Brussless who made every attempt to mimic Cotto's style -- And while Cotto was in attendance, Floyd put on a teasing performance, making easy work of the Cotto clone.

What I've seen from the released video is a totally Committed Mayweather, but committed to what???

A stellar performance or to drive home something he's wanted to drive home for years ....

That even though Cotto is one of the very best in the sport and many have felt that he was avoided by Mayweather. {Losing sight of the Arum factor} Floyd is going to show once and for all, that he never had any reason to avoid Cotto, that he knows how to beat Cotto at his best weight, with his best trainer and make it look easy ......

Sure, I believe Cotto's got a shot, I would be foolish to think otherwise -- But I think we are going to see a completely possessed and obsessed Mayweather on May 5th, that will leave no doubt, who is the best boxer in the world. This, I feel is going to be Floyd's signature fight and a clear statement ... that he is the very best.

he's ensuring he leaves a big impression on the world before he goes to jail for a bit
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Juof
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Juof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,888,832,288,213.99
Total Points: 14,889,182,463,876.86
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
here bro! I'll start off your next row. - jose830 you only need 3 more now to complete your gifts. I got you. - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 

i agree it would be nice to see him shut the critics up before pac showed up no1 would shut up about cotto they said floyd retired and ducked cotto etc plus floyds last performance wasnt exactly a fan favourite so im sure he wants to put on a performance to remember for the fans should be good because i think cottos wanted this fight for a long time too
Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 24 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,573,176,128,914.80
Total Points: 2,574,235,238,679.69
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:

Highly unusual!!!!!

Bruseles is far from a Cotto clone and 147 was Cotto's best weight.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier

Rep Power: 10 Da Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,977,352,135,620,332.00
Total Points: 3,977,352,136,273,579.50
For the Ownage in the Cotto fans were rude thread - setting the record straight son! - The Surgeon For a fellow Cotto fan - jazluvr War Cotto! - valero ATG poster - sugarsmosley WAR COTTO! - jazluvr 
Para Celebrar Primo.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES thanks for sharing #GuerraCotto - -jose- WaR Cotto - CASA DE COMBATE have a kneeguel cotto toy so you can cool off bozo - Risen 

I agree. Its very interesting and its going to be an up hill battle for each of them.

I expect them to be on beast mode and at thier best.

One thing is that "yo voy al mio!".

War Miguel!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM
RenaissanceMan7
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 RenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,201.68

yea i noticed that too a little bit

this is good

floyd is determined to show the critics once again why he is one of the best boxers today
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 431,913,900.31

well cotto media workout was yesterday, floyd is next tuesday
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 24 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,573,176,128,914.80
Total Points: 2,574,235,238,679.69
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

I think Floyd works as hard as he possibly can for every fight and camp. Say what you want about him but from all reports the guy is one of the hardest workers in the sport. I dont think the silence means anything other than Floyd is getting a little older and Cotto doesnt give him much reason to talk ****.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,011,097,842.60
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:

Highly unusual!!!!!

Dude the arum factor is something Mayweather created in his own delusional childish head. Arum helped make him what he is today. he got him hs first title shot and million dollars. Floyd is a hoe
Old 04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
AlwaysOnTop
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,414.41
ownage of a pacfart - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Bruseles is far from a Cotto clone and 147 was Cotto's best weight.
Cotto fled 147....

He saw an easy title at 154 and took the easy route.