Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Was Rios-Abril A Worse Decision Than Pacquiao-Marquez 3?
Yes - Rios got completely taken to school 62 78.48%
No - Pacquiao-Marquez 3 was worse 8 10.13%
They were equally as bad 9 11.39%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-15-2012, 05:47 AM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Rep Power: 13 JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,702,166,385.21
Total Points: 6,706,235,283.80
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov 
Default Rios-Abril Was A Worse Decision Than Pacquiao-Marquez 3

At least that's my opinion. In fact, I just watched the fight and I don't think I have EVER seen a worse decision than that. I thought Marquez completely dominated Pacquiao in their third fight and won 9 of the 12 rounds, but that decision wasn't nearly as bad as this one. At least in that fight there was a couple of close rounds. In last nights fight, I had Richard Abril winning, and i'm not joking, 11 out of the 12 rounds, and the only other rounds that were even remotely competitive were rounds 3 and 8. Yet somehow Rios got the decision. This is just disgraceful and it is hurting the sport of boxing in a major way. I thought it was even worse than Lewis-Holyfield 1. Abril completely dominated the fight. He landed all of the hard punches, he controlled the pace and he landed a lot more punches. Rios missed with nearly everything he threw, it was either blocked, hit air or was an illegal shot to the kidneys or the back of the head. You can easily make the argument that he lost every single round in the fight, and he could have even had a point deduction due to his constant rabbit punching and hitting on the break, which could have seen him losing the fight 120-107.

Decisions like this are just unacceptable and there needs to be ramifications so I would like to encourage boxing fans to boycott Top Rank because why should anybody pay to see fights that aren't fair? Fights where you KNOW that unless the non-Top Rank fighter gets a knockout, he is going to get screwed on the scorecards. We can all bash Bob "I Have No Soul" Arum for putting on mis-matches and fixed fights as much as we want, but the reality is that as long as people keep buying Top Rank pay-per-views and they keep making big money from it, nothing is going to change. It's time to stand up against injustices like this. There's plenty of ways to watch these fights without paying for them. I hope that the WBA look into what happened last night and retail Abril as the #1 contender and give him a title shot in his next fight regardless. He should be the champion right now, and he got cheated in one of the worst decisions ever.

On a more positive note. I thought Brian Kenny was very good on commentary. I actually find the Top Rank commentary team much better than the HBO one. They told you the truth, they didn't try to pull the wool over your eyes like HBO are famous for trying to do on a regular basis. They were good.

Last edited by JK1700; 04-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 AM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Rep Power: 13 JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,702,166,385.21
Total Points: 6,706,235,283.80
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov 

With Pacquiao-Marquez 3, I actually saw some people stating that Manny won. With this fight, I haven't seen anyone claiming Rios won. Pretty much everyone thinks it's a robbery. The closest thing to a different opinion is Steve Kim saying he doesn't have a problem with the decision. Which is basically him saying "Yeah I know Rios got completely schooled, but im on Bob Arum's payroll so your not going to get anything out of me". I'm not paying any attention to him anymore.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 AM
kill4
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,666.72

Was just as bad.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 75 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 85,368,606,189,542.62
Total Points: 85,398,738,694,852.88
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

Only gave Pacquiao 3 rounds which is as much as Rios won.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 AM
MANIAC310
Went broke betting on Pac

Rep Power: 0 MANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,926,346,231,239,076.00
Total Points: 10,934,511,231,385,900.00
for your 15,000 post - jose830 Thank you for the random donation, you are like Robin Hood - Jadon Happppppppppppy Happpppppppppppy :kiss: - Bossy The point giver extraordinaire - chav can't green you atm, but amazing post bro. - chiguy91 
gracias homie - Cleto_Reyes ........... - BostonGuy Team Maniac - Bossy For Being an Epic Poster!! - mathed thx m8 - I'm so sorry 
WARQUEZ ! - BulgariasFinest ATG poster. Thanks alot, bro. - BulgariasFinest That sig is dope. You're getting better. - Terrel Merry Christmas ! - BulgariasFinest Can't hate on that gesture. Thank you. - CubanGuyNYC 
lol thx - thuggery ATG. A toast to Bradley going to sleep. - WARQUEZ thanks for the donation ese - hectari thanks for 1 trillion points donation - QuebecSTAR2 thanks for the 3 trillions points donation boss - QuebecSTAR2 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 

nope..........
Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 AM
turbotime
Banned

Rep Power: 0 turbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 127,272,906.14
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 

Nope. A bad decision is a bad decision.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Willy Wanker
Thug In Peace

Rep Power: 12 Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,118,174,217,640.70
Total Points: 62,118,174,325,970.38
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
now it is done homie - Tha_Greatest ill start a new row for you - led No Message - led You have me laughing like mad dude - Risty Happy holidays my alt! :D - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Both decisions were bad, but the difference is Marquez got robbed of a clear win, while Abril completely dominated Rios and made it look easy. I had the fight a shutout and Rios didn't even win round 3, he just didn't look as sluggish in that round compared to the other 11.

Marquez was on his best game against Pacman, while Abril looked like he was barely breaking a sweat when schooling Rios.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 AM
noStylez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 noStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,044,170.48

Difference is one was close and one was a robbery.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:01 AM
The_Sandman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 The_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 52,864,292.02
To a good poster!! - LoadedWraps 

I've always thought "Never win by a close decision on a Top Rank PPV." But in reality it should be, "Never win by any decision on a Top Rank PPV." You'd better knock that guy out.

These Top Rank fighters have it so easy. All they have to do is go out there and avoid a knock out, and they will win.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,057,064,005,312.28
Total Points: 12,067,064,094,956.89
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

I don't think the two fights are even comparable.I had Pacquiao winning because he backed Marquez up the whole fight and landed more punches. About a third of the people who watched that fight thought Pac won.The other two thirds thought Marquez won but I think alot of them were Floyd fans or people who were so surprised by his good showing that they gave him the win. It is hard to see how Marquez dominated when he went backward all fight and according to the punch counters landed alot less punches. I don't think Arum payed off the punch counters. I respect your opinion I just disagree. I agree with you completely on the Rios fight. I had Abril winning every round and I have not heard of one person who thought Rios won.The total population of boxing scene make up such a tiny percentage of the fight buying public that if they all boycotted top rank it would have no noticeable effect on their sales.