Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Paclan
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Paclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 118,263,556.49
Total Points: 307,360,088.09

I still think Rios beats Gamboa

Gamboa is half the length of abril, Half the size, has nowhere near as good a defense, and is not a real jr welterweight. Meaning his punch resistance and relative power aren't as high as a real Jr welter like Abril.

It's an entirely different fight than Abril.

Abril is also mentally tough and tested. Gamboa has never been tested.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,805,390.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookrightup View Post
Rios is Lucky that wasn't Gamboa in there 2night.
That's a stupid thing to say. David Diaz had a unanimous win over Erik Morales. Does that mean David Diaz would beat Manny Pacquiao?

Styles make fights. Triangle theories are for message boards.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
PR4ever
Amateur

Total Points: 14,935.20

Quotes

"Oh my god. That is horrible. That is absolutely disgusting. Rios did not win that fight. Abril schooled him. That is why boxing is a fringe sport. What did he have to do kill Rios to get a decision? Digusting. Somebody call the police. Abril robbed at judge point. I've seen WWE matches that were more legit than the scoring." - Dan Rafael reacting to the judges' scoring.

F--- this corrupt, self destructive industry. We suck as legit sport, Sorry kid (Abril), you should be a champ. You picked the wrong biz. As God is my judge, I'd love to get out of this filthy cesspool." Lou DiBella

"The decision was a disgrace, I won this fight!" Richard Abril
Old 04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
AlwaysOnTop
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,397.41
ownage of a pacfart - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
He didn't even make weight.

After all his complaining about Gamboa, he couldn't do the easiest part of his job descirption to make a fight happen. That fight would probably have been called off at the weigh in.

I said at the time that fight was 'announced' that Gamboa would wipe the floor with him, I still believe that to be the case.
Gamboa is too small..

Rios would hospitalize him..

That's why he pulled out of the fight....just too small..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 AM
4Corners
THE VIBE

Rep Power: 38 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,758,698.17
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil go watch the afterfight interview of floyd vs oscar, lol, split decision, lol, floyd was not the clear winner, lol, split decision - Tha_Greatest stop your hatred of European boxers - Freedom. stop your hatred for Mexican boxers - Neutral good poster - joesaiditstrue 
Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA dont stop your hatred for the americutioner, canelo, be afraid for floyd as you are now, lol, this vibrator that floyd used on himself will cheer you up, lol, - j/king, floyd is afraid of canelo by the way - Tha_Greatest Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

I knew Abril was getting robbed once they announced the first judges card, who had it 117-111 Abril. They only announce names when it's a SD, and I knew he was about to get f**ked. That was as bad a decision as Lara-Williams, it's up there. And it was as bad as Campillo-Cloud.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,035,928.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Why? Would Gamboa have left the ring right before the start of the fight, claiming he had never agreed to the fight, leaving Rios feeling bad that he had gone through the trouble of training?
Nah, wouldn't have got that far. He might have left when Rios failed to make the weight, yet again. He didn't have to bother 'training'.

Rios' lack of skill in terms of actual boxing, defence and cutting off the ring was on full display last night. If you don't stand in front of him, he's in trouble.

Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:08 AM
T-97
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Rep Power: 187 T-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,666,653,129,421.82
Total Points: 5,666,653,784,235.45
Romanian Steamie, Enjoy :p - Dorian wipe that semen off your avatar :P - texanballer Have a cookie! - ЯiZO Thanks for the link - Nautilus Thanks bud!! - -ROGELIO- 
I'm not drinking by myself :) - GreatJoe T man KO1 earth - KrisSilver CUNT! - ЯiZO CUNNNNNT! &amp;gt;=[ - ЯiZO The action in which the male ejaculates on his partner's face, and then the male punches his partner's nose, which causes blood to stream forth. The semen and blood fluids create a red and white image, just like the icing and filling of a strawberry - Stewie 
A small token of appreciation for your generosity! T FTW! - danc1984 For being one of the good guys. - FRKO To: T - TRAVI$ Happy New Year Mr T! - KrisSilver For being amazingly generous. My dude, you rock. - FRKO 
eat cookies - Jewshua I.O.U 500k - RiΖO For a lover of quality music - jazluvr Leave again and you die - Uns No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - abosworth Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - abosworth Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Left Hook Tua Hepatitis C - Ryn0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mr._Pink 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CornersKid View Post
I knew Abril was getting robbed once they announced the first judges card, who had it 117-111 Abril. They only announce names when it's a SD, and I knew he was about to get f**ked. That was as bad a decision as Lara-Williams, it's up there. And it was as bad as Campillo-Cloud.
I'd say it was much worse than Campillo Cloud. From what I remember, Cloud actually won rounds clearly. Rios scraped a couple of rounds at best...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
-Huey-
The Money Team

Rep Power: 27 -Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,081,088,612,954.44
Total Points: 72,081,089,095,169.94
thread-would jesus forgive margarito? Post #6 - jazluvr449 No Message - -Huey- and you'll take care of the second one.... alriiiiight - Rockin' most underated poster - BostonGuy b-day boy - project xxx1 
congratulations fam - Larryx2011 for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 happy birthday - hhs661 Happy Birthday :kiss: - Bossy No Message - dan_cov 
Happy birthday. - dan_cov Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. - jose830 :D - happyman 
WINNER!! Correctly guessing Rees' height, 5'4&quot;!! - thuggery 10 days in the slammer is not easy,  have some real food - jose830 beer on bday boy. - led Happy Belated birthday - -jose- courtesy of Arum's Protection Plan, IDIOT!  :lol1:  :lol1: - Kuyukut 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

I see Rios as nothing more than a journeyman.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 AM
lefthookrightup
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 lefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond reputelefthookrightup has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,634.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
Nah, wouldn't have got that far. He might have left when Rios failed to make the weight, yet again. He didn't have to bother 'training'.

Rios' lack of skill in terms of actual boxing, defence and cutting off the ring was on full display last night. If you don't stand in front of him, he's in trouble.
agreed, Rios will have been in serious trouble against Gamboa
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
4Corners
THE VIBE

Rep Power: 38 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,758,698.17
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil go watch the afterfight interview of floyd vs oscar, lol, split decision, lol, floyd was not the clear winner, lol, split decision - Tha_Greatest stop your hatred of European boxers - Freedom. stop your hatred for Mexican boxers - Neutral good poster - joesaiditstrue 
Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA dont stop your hatred for the americutioner, canelo, be afraid for floyd as you are now, lol, this vibrator that floyd used on himself will cheer you up, lol, - j/king, floyd is afraid of canelo by the way - Tha_Greatest Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Huey- View Post
I see Rios as nothing more than a journeyman.
He's better than a journeyman, c'mon. He still beat Acosta and Antillon.

The way fighters like Rios, Alvarado, Maidana, Kirkland fight, that can happen to you if you're in with a superior boxer with speed. We saw it happen to Maidana and Rios, and though they were held a lot, it wasn't nearly as bad as when Kirkalnd was getting held by Molina, it wasn't in the same ballpark. Rios won 1-2 rounds and Maidana won 1 round. Kirkland actually won 3 of those 10 rounds and was on the verge of stopping Molina had it not been for holding in the 10th.

It was happening to Alvarado the first 5 rounds against Prescott. He was getting out boxed by a guy with speed and skill. Rounds 6-9, Alvarado cut the distance and won, he wound up getting to Prescott and stopped him. That's the whole game plan for fighters like that, and Rios couldn't do that against Abril, oh well. He's still better than a journeyman for christ sake.

A journeyman is like Craig McEwan, Matthew Hatton, or some s**t.