Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,139,531.00
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
Hunt is better now than he was in Pride imo (in MMA that is). I think that in Pride he was more of just a kickboxer, and he seems to have diversified his game more. Hard to say, that's just the way it seems to me.
It was only about 18 months ago when he got submitted by the bum McCorkle in one minute. Unless he upgraded his BJJ in record breaking time, he's still a fish out of water on the ground and anybody who is competent will finish him there. He's still the same one dimensional underachiever.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 82 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 112,637,017,790,365.86
Total Points: 112,637,017,825,400.06
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
It was only about 18 months ago when he got submitted by the bum McCorkle in one minute. Unless he upgraded his BJJ in record breaking time, he's still a fish out of water on the ground and anybody who is competent will finish him there. He's still the same one dimensional underachiever.
Who gives a flying fuc.k that he got submitted by McCorkle? Ignorant morons who don't understand combat sports. I answered my own question.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Who gives a flying fuc.k that he got submitted by McCorkle? Ignorant morons who don't understand combat sports. I answered my own question.
There he loses his temper again :lol: Every time someone disagrees with you I know that hilarity will ensue.

Guess what, I disagreed with your answer. I don't think he is better than he was before at all. And yes his loss to McCorkle is still significant because it was recent, and it shows how one dimensional he is. I think Struve will submit him for sure if it hits the ground.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 82 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
There he loses his temper again :lol: Every time someone disagrees with you I know that hilarity will ensue.

Guess what, I disagreed with your answer. I don't think he is better than he was before at all. And yes his loss to McCorkle is still significant because it was recent, and it shows how one dimensional he is. I think Struve will submit him for sure if it hits the ground.
I didn't lose my temper, I just don't have any patience for ignorant people.

You say you disagree with my assessment, that's fine.

But the kind of blanket statement which people who can do no more than read fight finder constantly bat around ad nauseam don't really warrant any sort of response beyond what I just gave.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I didn't lose my temper, I just don't have any patience for ignorant people.

You say you disagree with my assessment, that's fine.

But the kind of blanket statement which people who can do no more than read fight finder constantly bat around ad nauseam don't really warrant any sort of response beyond what I just gave.
You prove yourself to be ignorant every time you lash out like an infant with personal, immature insults. You need to get off your high horse too btw, you're not the only one who trains mma and it doesn't make you special. There were no blanket statements, only a fact was stated in the right context. And since you like the guy so much, it angers you when people bring up the negative aspects of his game. If you're gonna claim Hunt is better now than he ever was, then it is imposible to ignore that fight. Anybody with great sub abilties will likely beat him on the ground, and no amount of favorable stylistic matchups against strikers and crappy wrestlers will change that.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
You prove yourself to be ignorant every time you lash out like an infant with personal, immature insults. You need to get off your high horse too btw, you're not the only one who trains mma and it doesn't make you special. There were no blanket statements, only a fact was stated in the right context. And since you like the guy so much, it angers you when people bring up the negative aspects of his game. If you're gonna claim Hunt is better now than he ever was, then it is imposible to ignore that fight. Anybody with great sub abilties will likely beat him on the ground, and no amount of favorable stylistic matchups against strikers and crappy wrestlers will change that.
That fight is sort of used as a catch all critique it seems. People don't seem to realize that a loss is a loss, and that was 4 fights ago. He got beat, fair enough, now lets move on. He won his last three.

I don't disagree though really, he hasn't earned a shot. The only reason I thought it could be worth entertaining was because of the various turns of events which happened, and which put him in a position to be potentially considered. I'm not disappointed that he's apparently not getting the fight, and I do think he had ought to have a couple more wins to put himself into position. It was just that as a substitute, he didn't seem like a bad candidate based on the many injuries/lack of fighter availability, and I was sort of pulling for him.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
shinobi108
Contender

Rep Power: 4 shinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 494,818.31

people forget both overeem bros got him in secs
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Dorian
The P4P King

Rep Power: 158 Dorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,175,067,567,142.05
Total Points: 82,175,067,673,658.19
I see you, D! - Ether Buy yourself a new life - -Kev- Money May AllDay, VIP4LIFE. Enjoy the fight. - CRASH DUMMY a true p4p. - Ether Read the message in the ribbon I just sent you - -Kev- 
Protect yourself at all times - -Kev- Im holdin on your rope Got me ten feet off the ground - -Kev- give them all the fight they want. - Ether Feliz Navidad Red k sent - El Mustang All in on Dorian. - Ether 
Happy holidays bro! - led Happy holidays to you too meooooow! ;) - *Boss Lady* Kitties like fishies, meow :) - *Boss Lady* Happy birthday, bud - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birfffday :D x - *Boss Lady* 
happy bday bro, was gone yesterday - Ether Happy Easter :kiss: Meooooooooooow! - Bossy Nice gifs! - komodo fratele meu din alta mama - Alx. Censor fail - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - kswizzy99 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 

Mark hunt can win fights against gatekeepers standing. Once someone puts him on his back, he's done in seconds. And if you put him against fast accurate strikers (Cain, JDS) he will get outworked and finished in style.

Get off the mans nuts, not even Hunt deep down believes he can beat JDS.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 112 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,156,226,156,241.84
Total Points: 44,159,927,202,682.51
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Mark hunt can win fights against gatekeepers standing. Once someone puts him on his back, he's done in seconds. And if you put him against fast accurate strikers (Cain, JDS) he will get outworked and finished in style.

Get off the mans nuts, not even Hunt deep down believes he can beat JDS.
Because he's been finished soo many times standing right? Stop hating on the guy. Mark's a good dude....
Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 204 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 238,232,126,070.24
Total Points: 238,232,150,069.21
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

i wish hunt was getting the fight, no he doesn't have much of a chance but he's my favorite fighter and it's doubtful JDS would try to submit hunt, he'll stand and trade with him. i'm sure hunt would lose but i think he'd make it an entertaining fight. the super samoan has had a great career and i wish he could get one last title shot