Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,975,740,798,102.93
Total Points: 2,221,740,993,170.72
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
I remember when I was on here back in 2005 and 06 and people were saying watch how big boxing grows because the internet just starting booming as a social hub with Myspace and other things, I remember people were saying back in 05 that boxing will be back on mainstream TV before MMA, and now UFC is on FOX . and now its 2012 and there has been no significant growth at all. No new stars are being built, and it seems the only way a fighter can make money is if they fight Floyd or Manny, that shows you how horrible a business model boxing is.
Hmmm the average boxing champion makes more money than the average MMA champion. A guy like Bradley who is virtually unknown to mainstream sport fans made 2.5 mil in his last fight, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's higher than any fight purse in the history of MMA.

You say no new stars are created well look at the crowds Saul Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr draw in mexico when they fight. And they're both in their early 20s.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
FirePunch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,085,708.76
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Come on think bro .

Come on here before or after a major fight and see if your opinion changes when the website crashes from traffic .

Its common sense the nba website tends to be slow during the off season gee i wonder why
Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM
FirePunch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
I remember when I was on here back in 2005 and 06 and people were saying watch how big boxing grows because the internet just starting booming as a social hub with Myspace and other things, I remember people were saying back in 05 that boxing will be back on mainstream TV before MMA, and now UFC is on FOX . and now its 2012 and there has been no significant growth at all. No new stars are being built, and it seems the only way a fighter can make money is if they fight Floyd or Manny, that shows you how horrible a business model boxing is.

Oh so you keep bringing up mma now i see what we have here

Delusional redneck from sherdog hatin

Ufc on fox ? PVV's still suck and keep getting lower and lower mma is dwindling rapidly which is why your see all these shows in brazil now .

Sorry to say but the fad came and went . MMA needs a mike tyson to save the sport or something
Old 04-14-2012, 06:44 PM
FirePunch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Hmmm the average boxing champion makes more money than the average MMA champion. A guy like Bradley who is virtually unknown to mainstream sport fans made 2.5 mil in his last fight, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's higher than any fight purse in the history of MMA.

You say no new stars are created well look at the crowds Saul Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr draw in mexico when they fight. And they're both in their early 20s.

He says no new stars being built .
Dont argue with him that alone tells you hes a clueless idiot that does not follow this sport
Old 04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
joe strong
average joe

Rep Power: 84 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 709,751.62
For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. 
joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH 
Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok 
when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 Top man,solid poster. - Scott.Weiland. you are a bully homeless men are often disabled - Ragnarok learn to make a sentence properly you idiot - Freedom2014 learn to read dummy it was Lennoxs wife not Vitalis - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 

no the issue is all the klitschko fanboys with 5 alts who answer their own threads & posts are banned. i think it's funny. that is why the threads are slow these days. there isn't 1700007578384754884 threads about the klitschkos anymore.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 PM
joe strong
average joe

Rep Power: 84 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 709,751.62
For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. 
joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH 
Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok 
when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 Top man,solid poster. - Scott.Weiland. you are a bully homeless men are often disabled - Ragnarok learn to make a sentence properly you idiot - Freedom2014 learn to read dummy it was Lennoxs wife not Vitalis - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post

james toney got $750000 to fight couture while randy got $250000 purse & $200000 win bonus...to think people laughed at toney.LOL! he was the only one laughing all the way to the bank!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Rocky Rode
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Rocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,232.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePunch View Post
He says no new stars being built .
Dont argue with him that alone tells you hes a clueless idiot that does not follow this sport
Yeah, I don't get that statement. Even if you want to focus on just American stars, you still have guys like Broner and Andre Ward who draw good crowds in their hometowns. When/if Ward ever switches to HBO I think he'll become a legit star. I can see him being marketed as a Sugar Ray Leonard type fighter. Clean cut, patriotic, and well spoken.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Paclan
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Paclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these partsPaclan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 120,628,827.62
Total Points: 309,742,634.22

boxing is the only sport where you cant see the best compete against the best. That's a hard sport to sell.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 15 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,169,558.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Casual Sports fans don't care about boxing, unless it includes Mayweather or Pacquiao

Boxing will be in trouble once Mayweather and Pacquiao step away though, it will be a "DOWN PERIOD" but somebody new will emerge...HOPEFULLY, I don't see that next athlete consistently doing 1 Million PPV Buys like Mayweather and Pacquiao though

Networks and Promoters need step up how the promote fighters, UFC fighters are becoming more Popular then Boxers, UFC has Jon Jones as the face of their Brand and he is only 24 years old which means he is going to be around for a VERY LONG TIME and will continue to grow into a Superstar and a HUGE DRAW

Why haven't boxing been able to build up that "NEXT BIG THING" or create a buzz for that next big thing in boxing, even with them trying to HYPE Canelo...only boxing fans know Canelo, if you don't follow boxing you have no clue who he is

Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 04-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM
WARQUEZ
World Class™

Rep Power: 26 WARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,993,009,907,028.99
Total Points: 29,090,039,557,647.00
Thirsty? - ??? Top man! - komodo thanks - Starof David No Message - Starof David gift - MANGLER 
Cheers - Even Money No Message - MANIAC310 No Message - dan_cov thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 good poster - thuggery 
Those points really got me into the site and forums. Thanks again. - Augustane Nice avi :fing02: - jose830 Good man - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden NINER NATION :beerchug: - -jose- 
For a stand up guy =] - Tyler_Durden World Class Poster - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Most NFL forums have super low activity, even during the season yet it produces some of the highest ratings in the world.

The internet usually shows how popular it is with the young crowd. Remember, UFC has always targeted that 18-24 demographic. Boxing doesn't target that demo.

Last edited by WARQUEZ; 04-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.