Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shane Mosley a B level fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When his career is all said and done and he's out of here, he'll be an A to A-

But as of right now, in his current fighting state, he's a D+ fighter. He just needs to retire. Its sad

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      his best win is undoubtedly his first dub over oscar. i'd actually say his second best win may appear to be antonio margarito, but there are some dubious circumstances surrounding that obviously

who knows how often margarito loaded his gloves? he's an unkown quantity at this stage. his recent fights (when we know for certain that he is wearing legal wraps,) dont show the devastating power
      uh, the Oscar fight is even more dubious because we know Mosley was on PEDs at the time.

Comment

right now he's a C... Canelo is a B.. Canelo should win but I'm not buying Shane is totally completely shot.

For those saying he's a 'D' that means a 'D' fighter went 12 rounds with Pacquiao (I know he didn't engage) and rocked Mayweather's world in the second round. I don't know about you but that doesn't look to good for Pac and Mayweather. Use the Mora fight all you want but he's bigger and awkward.
        Last edited by RichCCFC; 04-13-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

At his absolute best he was an A lightweight in terms of skill and A+ in terms of head to head. When it's all said and done he will be a B fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            right now he's a C... Canelo is a B.. Canelo should win but I'm not buying Shane is totally completely shot.

For those saying he's a 'D' that means a 'D' fighter went 12 rounds with Pacquiao (I know he didn't engage) and rocked Mayweather's world in the second round. I don't know about you but that doesn't look to good for Pac and Mayweather. Use the Mora fight all you want but he's bigger and awkward.
            He has one moment in Mayweather...just one, then Mayweather beat the breaks off of him and carried him till the end

Pacquaio lit him up and then carried him, then made love taps every second. He didn't want to hurt him

Sergio Mora...yeah well

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
              Victor Conte approves of this thread
              [IMG]http://www.*************/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/victor-conte-steroids.jpg[/IMG]
              Gotta love the hypocrisy with some of these fans.

Let's all call someone a cheater and praise Mosley while we at it.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                Oscar DeLa Hoya definitely his biggest win,
                love his style of boxing, plus has always
                been a stand up boxer, represented the
                sport of boxing to the fullest

never ducked anyone...
                He gets an A from me
                Such a great representative huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Such a great representative huh?

Could have sworn you were Margarito's biggest fan?

Comment

Mosley WAS a A level fighter.

Thing is since he keeps fighting so far from his best days and prime people believe the current Mosley was probably not that special in his days which isnt true.

Mosley, prime, younger would have completely been undefeated today at 135, 147, even 154. His speed, power and decent boxing skill was amazing. No one would touch him today. NOT EVEN Mayweather, Mayweather beat an old way past his prime Mosley who didnt show anything he possessed from his prime days other than his power in the second round. Could you imagine a prime 147 Mosley in that second round and throughout the fight? Mayweather loses. Not being biased but i can't see it otherwise unless Mayweather was a taller, probably stronger fighter.

He should hang them up, he should have hanged them up after the Mora fight tbh. Hes just tainted his image.

Same with Roy Jones, Jones was a A+ fighter imo, so talented. Today, nobody from 160 to 175 touches him. ****, i bet even the sad HWs Jones could beat. Its just sad these fighters stick around when they were once great and just dont belong anymore. We got the typical oh he lost to Calzaghe, he'd lose to him prime for prime, same with Mosley and Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
                      Could have sworn you were Margarito's biggest fan?
                      I am a Margarito fan. I'm just pointing out people's bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X