Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,709,624,465.76
Total Points: 6,910,756,734.27
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
Margarito was in the best shape of his life for the first Cotto fight. He spent the entire Mosley camp dropping weight. It is my belief that the wraps were loaded by a desperate trainer knowing he was sending out an unfit fighter. I just don't believe that you can get away with loading a fighter's gloves too many times.
and in all honesty the thought that he was busted looks like it ****ed his head up. How would it not. You can go to prison for that I thought.

I will also say is Margarito was a beast around the time he fought Cotto as well though, he wasn't that slow sloppy puncher his is now, although he was never quick, just watch his sparring videos with Mora..he destroys him utterly.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,565,909,285,078,085.00
Total Points: 1,595,129,401,206,262.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChristo View Post
I'd replace Napoles with Cokes, he had the much better wins and Napoles only had 2 years as a Welter in the 60s
I know. I thought that.

I just put him in their on the basis he had a few years under his belt and is better than Cokes.

But that's a good point I guess Cokes should replace him especially considering the 70's was Napoles' time.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,555,574,501,200.32
Total Points: 52,585,807,611,546.16
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
and in all honesty, watching videos of Margarito spar in his prime, he was an absolute beast. He even still messed Cottos face up badly in the rematch and he's so slow now. Cotto beat him but Pacquiao created the stoppage.
No. Pacquiao beat him up, then cotto stopped him. But, Mosley, by far and away, ruined and destroyed Maragrito and created both the beating for Pac and stoppage win for Cotto. From that moment of the first massive body shot that Mosley landed in the first round that doubled Marg over, his career was officially done.

He took many more brutal bombs, flush, over and over that would have broken every part of him down from Mosley than he did from either latter fights. A prime Marg, coming of the greatest win of his career was flat out annihilated by Mosley. Beaten up, knocked down and then knocked out. He wasnt getting up from that last knock down when the ref jumped in. No one else got close to doing anything remotely resembling that to Marg. That was truly one of the single most brutal beat downs in WW history from a challenger against the champion.

Mosley ate the nut and left the shell for Pac and Cotto to feast on.