Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM
HayastanciCule
Contender

Rep Power: 7 HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice
Bank: 1,714,697,377,816.58
Total Points: 1,714,702,398,098.70
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 
Default Google's 'Project Glass' Teases Augmented Reality Glasses

Sorry if already posted i didn't see another thread on it.
PS this is NOT one of Google's April fools jokes, they have been working on these for awhile.

Google has taken the wraps off its long-rumored augmented reality glasses project, officially dubbed "Project Glass."

A concept video, titled "One day...," shows how Google's glasses might work. In the video, the user performs tasks commonly handled by smartphones, such as scheduling meetings, taking pictures, checking the weather, getting directions, and placing a video call. The information simply hovers in the user's field of view, and the interface is controlled by voice or other inputs.

Google says it is gathering feedback from users on Project Glass, according to a post on Google+ by Babak Parviz, Steve Lee and Sebastian Thrun. The post contains a few "design photos" of people wearing augmented reality glasses. These glasses have a small second screen--presumably for the video output--above one of the lenses, with an extra thick arm that extends back to the ear.

"We’re sharing this information now because we want to start a conversation and learn from your valuable input," they wrote. "So we took a few design photos to show what this technology could look like and created a video to demonstrate what it might enable you to do."

This is the first time Google has publicly acknowledged its augmented reality glasses project. In February, the New York Times reported that Google was planning to release the glasses later this year, in a price range of $250 to $500. The glasses reportedly emerged from "Google X," a secret lab where the company experiments with futuristic projects. In the Google+ post, the lab is referred to as "Google[x]."

Although the Google+ post frames the video and photos as designs of what the technology "might" do, the New York Times reports that Google will be testing prototypes in the coming months. It's unclear whether a product launch is still on track for the end of the year, as previously reported.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25320...y_glasses.html
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute Bombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,299,832.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs  you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs  haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs  another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs  get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs  more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs  to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs  another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs  here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster  Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince  For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua  nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest  No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest  .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310  my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx.  with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa  from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts  Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY  Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

This will be the future and ill be rocking one of these as soon as they come out. I'm surprised Apple didn't think of this first, probably they did and google stole it though.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 PM
HayastanciCule
Contender

Rep Power: 7 HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice HayastanciCule is just really nice
Bank: 1,714,697,377,816.58
Total Points: 1,714,702,398,098.70
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
This will be the future and ill be rocking one of these as soon as they come out. I'm surprised Apple didn't think of this first, probably they did and google stole it though.
Its been in development for awhile.

Apple is never the first to bring out anything so i don't see why you're surprised. If you've followed the tech industry outside of Apple you would see that they take older tech and refine it.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 AM
LeG00N
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute LeG00N has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,801,956,061,910,014.00
Total Points: 12,810,121,062,004,212.00
for your 15,000 post - jose830  Thank you for the random donation, you are like Robin Hood - Jadon  Happppppppppppy Happpppppppppppy :kiss: - Bossy  The point giver extraordinaire - chav  can't green you atm, but amazing post bro. - chiguy91 
gracias homie - Cleto_Reyes  ........... - BostonGuy  Team Maniac - Bossy  For Being an Epic Poster!! - mathed  thx m8 - I'm so sorry 
WARQUEZ ! - BulgariasFinest  ATG poster. Thanks alot, bro. - BulgariasFinest  That sig is dope. You're getting better. - Terrel  Merry Christmas ! - BulgariasFinest  Can't hate on that gesture. Thank you. - CubanGuyNYC 
lol thx - thuggery  ATG. A toast to Bradley going to sleep. - WARQUEZ  thanks for the donation ese - hectari  thanks for 1 trillion points donation - QuebecSTAR2  thanks for the 3 trillions points donation boss - QuebecSTAR2 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery  Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 

inb4 LOL @ Apple
Old 04-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 7 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute Mohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 799,641,237.76
Total Points: 2,006,246,072.86
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom.  you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom.  enjoy - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
inb4 LOL @ Apple
this is just full of fail.
Try so hard to get a 1nb4 at every tread.

That sh1t is getting old you bum, welcome to 2011
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 221 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute squealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18.26
Total Points: 2,140,326,168,075.74
f.aggot - Mizzou  Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH  Good shit - mangler jr  use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore  The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker 
take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze  squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest  you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest  Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000  ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. 
Merry Christmas - Flab  ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab  zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77  Happy holidays bro! - led*  sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 
Very informative. - Barnburner  you're a queer - Weltschmerz  One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz  Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas  I'm sure you have lots of these at home. - TyphoonFloyd 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО  Autism - Nemisis  Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy  Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki  Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki  World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose-  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas  Gay and Lesbian Pride - TyphoonFloyd 

in b4 iBreakbeat says that Steve Jobs invented a better one which is functionally identical but costs five times more.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Oxn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute Oxn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,737,073,026,947,102.50
Total Points: 1,737,074,027,120,743.25

how long can the batteries possibly last if you intend to use it the full day?

It must be some really small battery.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 55 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute BigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 315,094,247,888.90
Total Points: 517,094,494,682.01
Very Good poster. - Barnburner  Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner  BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid  100% solid - The Surgeon  another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon  :) - MANIAC310  Merry Christmas - The Surgeon  Merry Christmas - The Surgeon  No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner  Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

My dad is part of the team working on these! I haven't really heard any details, but hopefully I get a free pair
Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 144 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,353,449,822,068.58
Total Points: 20,569,050,230,160.62
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy  Sammich - Bossy  Gotta keep you fed - Bossy  Saturday Sammich! - Bossy  Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy  I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy  No Message - Bossy  Hungry? - Bossy  Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!!  Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton  Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel  Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest  A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986  for your help - jazluvr  Psycho Dad lmao - -jose-  Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose-  Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

I just wanna be able to watch p*rn while walking around town....
Old 04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Chief2ndzOnly!
Long Live Walt Liquor!!!!

Rep Power: 419 Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,122,602,425,219,301,376.00
Total Points: 20,711,881,376,976,838,656.00
You deserve more of these bro - Alx.  For the Blues - BulgariasFinest  I salute you, Big Chief! Be well. - Fistic  It would not let me green you, but it would allow me to give you this toast. - deanrw  Merry Christmas Chief - TBear 
Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass  Merry Christmas Chief2ndzOnly! - TBear  happy holidays to you and yours, old friend! - jazluvr  Happy Xmas to you and Mrs Chief sir. - HughJass  Merry Christmas to you and yours Chief - -jose- 
merry Christmas Chief! - Beercules  Thanks, Bro! Marry Xmas to you - ROSS CALIFORNIA  Sit back, have a beer, and have a wonderful Christmas good friend. - deanrw  Happy New Year Chief and also to Mrs Chief. - HughJass  thanks for the green my brotha from anotha, I couldn't green you back but here's a burger doe, just how you like it - -jose- 
and a beer to wash it down - -jose-  Mix in a beer Chief and save that liver 4 later ! - BERNIE'S CORNER  Here's a brew for no particular reason. :fing02: - Willy Wanker  For my brutha Chief - -Mustang-  everything ok Chief my brotha! thanks for asking...my mom passed away a month ago I'm still trying to believe is real otherwise we doing pretty good...hope you and your family are doing good...just waiting for that Cotto/Canelo clash :boxing: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

It was jst on the news. They spossed to cost anywhere between $200-600 when they do come out. They are debating the power source right now among other things(like how to incorperate the vision impaired ie. folks that wear glasses). One thought is that they will use the android platform to power it or through your particular handheld device. Once they get this out I can see it blowin up and changing the game like the laptop and cell phone did.

Share This With Friends

Tags
'project , augmented , glass' , glasses , google's , reality , teases