Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 3 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,067,496.65
Default My first Amateur Bout (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHKAg8FZgTI 1st R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hv_TWW-yY 2nd R

I lost via TKO in the 2nd round; tried my best but guess people who couldn't practice shouldn't ask for a victory lol; matter of fact my coach told me that I was stronger than my opponent, and I thought so too, I could kind of see the punches but I looked down because I don't think I'm still used to the punches, but compared to my other exhibition, I think I improved but what do you guys think?

IT'll be nice if you gave me some pointers... thanks
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 3 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of

i'm the one in the blue, btw.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 AM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 58 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,999,784,756.46
have a happy and safe new years Mr. dan cov - jose830 Top bloke - Aztec Wanker Great Poster!!! - E.P.T. all aboard the rigo train!!! great poster. - Barnburner victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Dan the Man, the High Priest of the Cult of Rigo - CubanGuyNYC Cheers to you, my friend! Rigo rules! - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 Super BScene member! - jazluvr WAR GODtthysse!!!! - thuggery 
:beerchug: - jose830 thank you good sir - thuggery Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

''I was better than the opponent in speed, stamina, footwork, etc but couldn't practice much because of school which caused me to look down when I took punches.''

Is this serious or are you trolling? You got dominated from start to finish & I think you need a new trainer for the sheer fact you did not belong in with that guy. Horrible matchmaking.
You was in survival mode.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
''I was better than the opponent in speed, stamina, footwork, etc but couldn't practice much because of school which caused me to look down when I took punches.''

Is this serious or are you trolling? You got dominated from start to finish & I think you need a new trainer for the sheer fact you did not belong in with that guy. Horrible matchmaking.
You was in survival mode.
sorry let me take back that i was better than... part. just couldn't cancel the fight, apparently i needed to go in that fight. sorry i didn't mean to sound like a dick.

Last edited by moneymayforever; 04-09-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Mike_R
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Mike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond reputeMike_R has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,260.84

In your 2nd round it seems it all really went downhill after you tried to force out the same (right hook) multiple times early on and got gassed. I would say to work on some better relaxation, you looked tense and then you looked tired. Which isn't a huge surprise, you know what I mean?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Clegg
GREEK DOUCHEBAG

Rep Power: 153 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,063,183,577,675,516.75
Total Points: 1,063,533,777,165,413.50
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

I used to play a boxing game as a kid where you could fight outside surrounded by trees. Nice to see it in real life at last

The negatives I noticed:

There were times when you'd move backwards without throwing until he'd already closed the distance. Nothing wrong with boxing on the back foot but you should try to be a bit more active with your jab and use it to control range. For example in the first round, at 1:10 you are in the centre of the ring, but then by 1:17 you back yourself into a corner without throwing any punches and that's when you get caught and end up taking a standing 8 count.

You moved to your left a lot of the time, which isn't a good idea against a right-handed opponent because you move towards his power punches.

Some good things I'd say:

Well done for getting in there and giving it a go. Most people don't so you deserve credit for that. The other guy looked pretty solid so I wouldn't let the loss bother you too much as he looked well-trained and maybe it was just a matter of experience.

I noticed that you clinched at times, which I regard as a good thing just because a lot of young boxers don't ever do it even when it's the smart move.

After taking some shots in the first round, you came out for the second with a lot of aggression. Not sure if that was the right strategy but it takes some guts to do.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Tino Quintero
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Tino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond reputeTino Quintero has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,322.13
have an apple.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro....... - bigsmoothh 

next bout drink hasegawa sperm to attain the hasegawa effect... = instant win
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM
chico 305
Banned

Rep Power: 0 chico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond reputechico 305 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 910,019,407.21

i give you Respect or even entering the ring, good work. shows u have Heart. A lot of the people who will talk negative bout your performance dont even got the balls to train and step in the ring,

work on what u did wrong, u should know what u did that wasent right. im no trainer so im not going to act like one.

good work none the less
Old 04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
jcorza
Amateur

Total Points: 357.09

good fight,

next time give more body shots are very effective
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 AM
backerman7
Amateur

Total Points: 282.42

. I would say to work on some better relaxation, you looked tense and then you looked tired.

Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012 at 04:24 AM.