Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 88 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,536,226,867,127.63
Total Points: 5,546,288,357,802.52
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh heres another one.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko 
For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam 
No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 
Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Just because he's American doesn't mean people have to support him.
Also if he wants to paint himself as the bad guy, then why should he be surprised when he's treated as one?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Boxingtech718v2
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Boxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 887,843,892.39
Total Points: 1,987,314,997.25
Boxingtech718v2 is a sh1tty poster - Freedom. Stop crying wipe your tears. - Boxingtech718v2 Good posts. - Kenny MF Powers You drive me crazy, you deserve a medal :D - Bossy Thanks for the medal, Here's a sucker - Boxingtech718v2 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 

Americans don't have the same Nationalism that other countries do.
It's sad and we really should support our own more.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Rep Power: 12 JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,315,601,074.64
Total Points: 6,319,659,248.23
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Maybe they don't like the facts he beats women, his racist and homophobic rants, how he flaunts money in times of austerity, his retirements when tough fights are on the horizon, his spoiled child attitude, the way he treat his father, the attack on the mother of his children when his children are present, his constant excuses and moving of the goal post to avoid the Pacquiao fight, his less than exhilarating, safety first boxing style and probably some more stuff that I have forgot.

Also maybe they are boxing fans and don't see the sport as an excuse to blindly patriotic and prefer to support individuals.
I stopped reading right there. A lot of boxing fans are very gullible, unfortunately.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:39 PM
pacfan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 pacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 95,658.49
Total Points: 107,088.59

what i don't understand is why you people still don't get it.

mayweather is not an exciting fighter. i for one don't give a hoot about his personal life. check my history and you won't find any participation in pbf's wife beating cases and all those incidents where he throws $100 bills. i probably represent 90% of the fans. they don't care. all they care about is his fights in the ring. mayweather is simply not the equivalent of mike tyson, who many are fond of regardless of his dark personal side.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 88 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,536,226,867,127.63
Total Points: 5,546,288,357,802.52
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh heres another one.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko 
For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam 
No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 
Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
Americans don't have the same Nationalism that other countries do.
It's sad and we really should support our own more.
They do, especially for sports. They'll get into sports just because Americans are in it. Just like the world cup and the women's world cup.
How many people do you think actually watch that?
People flip flop on him on the time because of his bad guy persona.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 PM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Rep Power: 12 JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Just because he's American doesn't mean people have to support him. Also if he wants to paint himself as the bad guy, then why should he be surprised when he's treated as one?
I'm not stating that you should support him unconditionally, but you should at least appreciate him and be grateful for what he has done and continues to do for the sport of boxing and it's fans. The sport would be far less entertaining and interesting without him. A fact proven by the considerable drop off in interest in boxing during his layoffs. He doesn't have to fight anymore.

Floyd plays an annoying, flamboyant charachter in order to get people interested in him, whether they want to see him win or lose. It's smart business and I don't see why so many people take it seriously. You can tell that he's not serious with a lot of it and while he plays a false charachter, at least he's not being dishonest with it, it's not far from the real him. The only real differences are that his charachter is very outspoken, aggressive and flamboyant which generally isn't the case in reality. Yes he can be annoying and I don't enjoy some of the things that he does outside the ring, but at least he gives you honesty and entertainment. As apposed to Manny "Stipulation-Man" Pacquiao who is not only incredibly boring outside of the ring but who also has a completey fake and scripted image. The way that he is presented couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited by JK1700; 04-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
what i don't understand is why you people still don't get it.

mayweather is not an exciting fighter. i for one don't give a hoot about his personal life. check my history and you won't find any participation in pbf's wife beating cases and all those incidents where he throws $100 bills. i probably represent 90% of the fans. they don't care. all they care about is his fights in the ring. mayweather is simply not the equivalent of mike tyson, who many are fond of regardless of his dark personal side.

I guess this relates to my point about a lot of fans just wanting to see brawls and not being able to embrace the technical aspect of boxing, and therefore not being able to appreciate a technical virtuoso like Mayweather. I have always found Mayweather to be an exciting boxer to watch. I could watch his fights with Hernandez, Corrales, Castillo, Corley, Gatti, Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez and Mosley over and over again. The only bout that I found slightly boring was against Carlos Baldomir and he broke his hand early in that fight, which explains why it wasn't as exciting as it could have been.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Deeznuts
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,722,496,543.32
Total Points: 145,088,792,281.85

Perhaps you have not noticed the many nuthuggers on this site....he is very much appreciated among them
Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM
ONECRAK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these partsONECRAK is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,533.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1700 View Post
Brits don't always support Brits. I don't support Amir Khan, for example. My point was directed more towards supporting your countries BEST boxer and appreciating them for being the best, not neccesarily supporting them, but appreciating them and Mayweather isn't just the best American boxer, he is the world's best boxer and they still don't appreciate him. Whoever he beats, there's always an excuse. It just irks me with the way Americans act towards him. When he dominates the best, they criticize him, and when he takes a layoff, they criticize him even more. He said it himself. "Why should I stick around when I don't get the props that I truly deserve?". People should appreciate him while he's still around because he will be sorely missed when he's gone.
people can be so evil and judgmental
Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Roman Moreno
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,486.73
although we disagree at times, you are a very good poster.  Good stuff champ!! - Atreyu Khalil living in a 3rd world country, i bet ur feet are dirty lolol - EDP445 Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner 

Who says, they don't?

Is this another one Floyd idiotic fans being a parrot again?