Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 AM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,611,879,120.36
Total Points: 104,611,936,237.75
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 
Default Trayvon Martin Shooting: Voice Experts Claim Teen's Cries, Not Zimmerman's, Can Be He

Before George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin on February 26, a 911 call recorded the voice of someone screaming. Whether that person was Martin or Zimmerman, who police say claimed he was attacked by Martin before the fatal incident, has been an open question since the calls were released by the Sanford, Florida police department. (WARNING: Above audio is disturbing.)

The Orlando Sentinel consulted two voice experts to try to settle the debate, and both came to the same conclusion: The cries could not have come from George Zimmerman.

One expert, Tom Owen, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman as the source. From theSentinel :

"I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says. The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

Another analyst came to a similar conclusion using different technology.

The voice analysis is the latest piece of information to cast doubt on the narrative, advanced by Zimmerman and his family , that the Neighborhood Watch volunteer was attacked by 17-year-old Travyon Martin. A police video this week showed no blood or bruises on Zimmerman in the aftermath of the incident, while Martin's funeral director said he saw no signs of a struggle on the teen's body.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile..._front_top_art

Last edited by el malo; 04-01-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 AM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,611,879,120.36
Total Points: 104,611,936,237.75
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

It's not looking good for zimmerman.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Hous
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21492 Hous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,154,785,970.34
I'm out of K for the day so in your case, I'll buy ya a fucking gift!!! ha ha - abosworth No Message - MARKBNLV 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Sir TomJones 

Assuming this is the same article I just read on the Huffington Post, I will leave this here:

Very interesting. Very flawed. Very typical reporting.

By no means is this a "home run." The first report, simply tells you its unlikely that it is GZ; it tells us nothing about it being TM. The way the article was written is very typical for this case as it rightfully expects its readers to make inferences to reach an unfounded conclusion. Surely if they would run test on GZ's voice they would also run test of TM's. That logically follows from the scientific method, no it's demanded of it. I wonder why that analysis was omitted from the presentation.

Regarding the second report, there is nothing scientific about relying on ones tone in an agitated state to conclude that was the voice of a young man screaming. That's the first level of scientific theory, the hypothesis. A hypothesis is inherently not a scientific finding; rather it is the starting point of trials that must be taken to reach a conclusion.

I actually do believe that it is GZ screaming. I think he TM was hitting him, however my suspicion is that he instigated it and therefore cannot claim self-defense.

/Thread.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:52 AM
LarryXXX
EACH ONE TEACH ONE

Rep Power: 202 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 157,847,400,243,481,346,048.00
Total Points: 157,847,400,253,732,651,008.00
Happy New Year Bro, from #TMT - JonoYoungP4P this'll help u feel better - happyman One of the few that actually has Common Sense - blacraven great post othe valentines thread,i already greened you and couldn't do so again - HUGH JASS thanx for the donation - E.P.T. 
you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios take it like it's floyd - Warrios 
celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 TMT - JonoYoungP4P 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

what was the point of all this mess.seriously stuff like this has to stop all this drama over a pointless incident and it will only get worse,i just dont understand the ignorance that exist in this world
Old 04-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 169 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 201,243,990,064,253.00
Total Points: 206,244,541,196,923.16
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - Cuauhtémoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hous View Post
Assuming this is the same article I just read on the Huffington Post, I will leave this here:

Very interesting. Very flawed. Very typical reporting.

By no means is this a "home run." The first report, simply tells you its unlikely that it is GZ; it tells us nothing about it being TM. The way the article was written is very typical for this case as it rightfully expects its readers to make inferences to reach an unfounded conclusion. Surely if they would run test on GZ's voice they would also run test of TM's. That logically follows from the scientific method, no it's demanded of it. I wonder why that analysis was omitted from the presentation.

Regarding the second report, there is nothing scientific about relying on ones tone in an agitated state to conclude that was the voice of a young man screaming. That's the first level of scientific theory, the hypothesis. A hypothesis is inherently not a scientific finding; rather it is the starting point of trials that must be taken to reach a conclusion.

I actually do believe that it is GZ screaming. I think he TM was hitting him, however my suspicion is that he instigated it and therefore cannot claim self-defense.

/Thread.
You must be a voice expert
Old 04-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Hous
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21492 Hous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond reputeHous has a reputation beyond repute
I'm out of K for the day so in your case, I'll buy ya a fucking gift!!! ha ha - abosworth No Message - MARKBNLV 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
You must be a voice expert
Or have respect for the scientific process?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 169 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - Cuauhtémoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Or have respect for the scientific process?
What is the "scientific process"...and without directly using it, everything is easily false?

You must be an atheist
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,146,598,245.09
Total Points: 815,589,654,588.87
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

They will railroad Zimmerman
Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Hous
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
What is the "scientific process"...and without directly using it, everything is easily false?

You must be an atheist
What is the scientific process? Welcome to the third grade.

[w]ithout directly using it, everything is easily false? That's blantantly impossible.

You must be an atheist. Nope, you apparently didn't attend grade three or above and don't understand the scientific process.

Last edited by Hous; 04-01-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Old 04-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Quote:
What is the scientific process? Welcome to the third grade.

[w]ithout directly using it, everything is easily false? That's blantantly impossible.

You must be an atheist. Nope.
Its funny that you had to google it

Voice Expert:

Ask a question: It is Zimmerman's voice

Do background research: Year's of professional expertise combined with listening to Zimmerman's and Trayvon's voices

Construct Hypothesis: This is Zimmerman's voice

Test with experiment: Plug in voices into a speech recognition software

Analyse result/Draw conclusion: Voices returned a 48% match that needed a 90 to pass

If Hypothesis is true/false: It's false

Report results: It probably is not zimmerman

TADAAAA the scientific method in all its glory