Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-31-2012, 12:07 PM
SWEETSCIENCE100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,179,454.65
kick this crybaby - Freedom. biased racist poster - I'm so sorry 
Default Boxers that are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE!

In a world of brawlers/come forward no thinking swinging for the hills, I hit you and you hit me, rockem sockem fighters. Its nice to see a few that that practice the true art of boxng, AKA THE SWEET SCIENCE. Watching Friday Night Fights last night ,I couldn't help but appreciate Henry "Hammering" Lundy apply his trade. The bobbing and weaving, feinting,rolling,half step,Jab,slipping and slidng on the ropes. The old art of hitting but not getting hit.
As I throught about how easy boxing is once you learn and apply this method to your boxing game. Why so many claim to know and understand boxing but yet they go out and use there face as a catchers mitt. I just wanted to shine some light on the warriors that use thier brains in battle. The ones that train and set goals to master thier advantages in the gym, by practicing THE SWEET SCIENCE.
Heres a shot out to the boxers carring the torch, keeping THE SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE! Hank Lundy,The Dirrell Brothers,Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez,Floyd Mayweather,Adrian Broner,Klitscho Bros, Gary Russell Jr,Nonito Donaire,Jab Judah, Juan Manuel Marquez,Tim Bradley,Chad Dawson,Bernard Hopkins,David Haye,Yuriokis Gamboa, and Shane Mosley to name a few. These guys bring the SWEET SCENCE to the ring with them. One of the hardest things in boxing to learn is defense, these guys are keeping THE SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE. Thank god for the true boxers in the game, otherwise it would be no difference from UFC/MMA. A bunch of no thinking, come forward, flat footed brawlers are very boring to watch after a few fights, I need the SWEET SCIENCE to keep me intrested.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,292,836.99
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

LOLOLOLOLOL you had me until you mentioned freaking Tim Bradley who is the ultimate no skill, no offense fighter and Andre Dirrell who does nothing but run around in circles and is scared to death stand his ground and fight.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM
SWEETSCIENCE100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL you had me until you mentioned freaking Tim Bradley who is the ultimate no skill, no offense fighter and Andre Dirrell who does nothing but run around in circles and is scared to death stand his ground and fight.
Bradley has good skill,you will see in the Pac fight. Anthony D. does run around alot but his skills are undeniable. The boy can flat out box
Old 03-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,277,954.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

You are confusing sweet science with being a flat out chicken. Two different things. Lundy showed a good display of it by properly balancing defense a good offense. Marquez is the master of this along with Pacquiao. Others just run and move like maniacs jabbing their way into a cowardly win.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,292,836.99
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
Bradley has good skill,you will see in the Pac fight. Anthony D. does run around alot but his skills are undeniable. The boy can flat out box
Bradley has ZERO offensive skill, all he can do is spoil and throw weak flailing punches.

Running isn't boxing and if Dirrell could box then he wouldn't run so much
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 28 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,883,147.78
Total Points: 2,209,894,153.02
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 

Sergio Martinez ain't keeping the sweet science alive my dude. He showed he had a good jab in the Dzinziruk fight , that's about it.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM
SWEETSCIENCE100
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Bradley has ZERO offensive skill, all he can do is spoil and throw weak flailing punches.

Running isn't boxing and if Dirrell could box then he wouldn't run so much
#1. Defense wins fights,just ask the Master of the game, Floyd Mayweather.
#2. watch the Andre D. vs Authur Abraham. Look at the punch stats, also that was the first time Abraham had his back on the canvas in his professional career. Andre D whpped his ass. But you say he was just running. Look at the knock down son, this kid flat out boxed and use the SWEET SCIENCE to beat Abraham. If you look at ths fight and dont see the SWEET SCIENCE being applied then you dont know what it means. Dirrel used hi speed and foot work to stay out of harms way. It would have been stupid to stand and trade with the more powerful Abraham. This is why the SWEET SCENCE EXISIST!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Discipline
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Discipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond reputeDiscipline has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,275,940.01

Quote:
Tim Bradley is a well rounded fighter, so you must be thinking about someone else - I hope!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 53 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,527,311,898,061.19
Total Points: 1,773,312,075,370.96
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Boxing and moving, hitting and not getting hit is just one aspect of boxing, you can't say it's the TRUE art of boxing. This sport has many aspects and that's what makes it so great. Guys like Armstrong, Marciano, Dempsey are ATGs in their own right even if they don't fit your description of the sweet science.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 28 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,883,147.78
Total Points: 2,209,894,153.02
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Boxing and moving, hitting and not getting hit is just one aspect of boxing, you can't say it's the TRUE art of boxing. This sport has many aspects and that's what makes it so great. Guys like Armstrong, Marciano, Dempsey are ATGs in their own right even if they don't fit your description of the sweet science.
Same goes for the guy in your GIF, I'm pretty sure no trainer wants to see their guy throwing that punch. It's not so much what you do or how do you it, but what you get away with that makes you great.