Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Redd Foxx
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Rep Power: 7 Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,278,441,188,442.44
Total Points: 2,278,441,215,994.81
Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD1 View Post
I am on Atkins DIET for 4 days, and I already lost 4.4 lb, so let me tell you the diet works!!!!!
It's just water weight that you lose initially. I worked as a nutritionist several years back when Atkins was hot. People were bragging how much they lost in the first week. Then it always came right back when they got sick of the feeling that no carb diets give you over time. I've done it myself a few times and I won't do it again.
If you really like it, more power to you, man. But I can say from professional experience that extreme diets do more harm than good. "Balance" isn't a sexy diet, nor is it fast, but it's the most successful.

Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-23-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,304,832,342.01
Total Points: 3,314,955,368.45
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

The diet is trash. Carbs are not evil.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
salem-no1
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 7 salem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant futuresalem-no1 has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,295.09

Quote:
I am on Atkins DIET for 4 days, and I already lost 4.4 lb, so let me tell you the diet works!!!!!
no dout u can loose weight on it, no one is questioning that, but why do you think 99% of people **** up on these fad diets, because its no sustainable. Plus its extreamly unhealthy. I challenge you to show me one top level athlete who dose the Atkins diet, it just cant happen.

IMO the Atikins diet is so popular because it tell people good things about there bad habbits, people can still have bacon and eggs for breakfast, sausage burger for lunch and a steak and fired chicken for dinner.

THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE FOR DIET IS.....change your habbits, your habbits is what make or break you, when your a kid you act on impluse, when your older you act on habbit. Gradualy change your bad habbits, whatever they may be to good habbits, because once something becomes a habbit its apart of you and its easy and its something you can sustain. Try and get as many good habbits as you can vs bad habbits.

I would strongly advise you to drop the atkins diet purely for health reasons. Heart disease, Diabeaties, Cancer to name a few increase 100 fold on a high animal product diet. Do a little research it will mean more than some stranger on the internet telling you. I think i read Doctor Atkins died of a heart attack....

Last edited by salem-no1; 03-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Eveline52
Amateur

Total Points: 260.53

If your concerned about your health, like everyone should be, then the Atkins diet is the worse thing you could do to your body. High consumption of Animal products is 100% proven to increase your risk of heart disease, cancer.

Last edited by Eveline52; 03-23-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Pony Boy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,354.15

a good ratio is 55% Carbs, 30% protein and 15% fat. our bodies needs a balance nutrition for good health, fat lose, energy, growth and performance.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM
TKD1
Contender

Rep Power: 4 TKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to all
Bank: 284,651.45
Total Points: 296,767.45
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TKD1 

I really appreciate all your commends, I am still on Atkins diet I have 21 days doing it, and I have lost 13 pounds, until this week I started to jog from 20 to 30 minutes 3 times per week. I am going to do this diet only for 30 days, I drink a minimum of 3 lt of water per day, and this coming week I am going back to weight gym, I will keep you update.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Pony Boy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,354.15

Yes it works but after being on this diet for more than three days, you begin to tear down/burn muscle. You muscles need glycogen in order to grow and have energy.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 AM
TKD1
Contender

Rep Power: 4 TKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to all
Bank: 284,651.45
Total Points: 296,767.45
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TKD1 

I friend of my was telling me that I should do Atkins diet for 12 weeks.And I will get the perfect body. I am going to do this diet for 4 - 6 weeks and I know it wont affect my health but doing for 12 weeks I guess it is too much, I dont know. any experience with this diet for 12 weeks???? anyone????

Last edited by TKD1; 04-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM
as646
Contender

Rep Power: 4 as646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond reputeas646 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,053.12

Quote:
I friend of my was telling me that I should do Atkins diet for 12 weeks.And I will get the perfect body. I am going to do this diet for 4 - 6 weeks and I know it wont affect my health but doing for 12 weeks I guess it is too much, I dont know. any experience with this diet for 12 weeks???? anyone????
Are you a troll? Have you read any of the comments in this thread? The atkins diet will affect your health from week 1, let alone week 12. This is the case with pretty much every fad diet out there.

What's so hard about traditional eating-below-maintenance methods of fat loss? Sure, you don't have that initial loss of water weight to give you a bit of a confidence boost, and you won't have your body cannibalising your muscles to get food to help with shedding those pounds, but it is sustainable, and it won't have any adverse effects on your health.

If you want to lose weight, by all means use the atkins diet. It will work. You'll lose as much muscle as fat though. If however, you want to lose fat, eat less and exercise more. It's as simple as that. It won't give you instant results, but it will give you results.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
THE REED™
That Admin Money

Rep Power: 200000 THE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,901,982,215,351,385,344.00
Total Points: 1,901,983,239,298,267,904.00
For being so BOSS! - komodo Straight up G! - komodo Thanks man :hail: - komodo Top man! - komodo BOSS - komodo 
Good talking boxing sir - Atreyu Khalil 50k Posts - Unknown Champ for the Super 50,000 post... - jose830 Congrats on 50K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 50k Posts - BulgariasFinest 
50,000 - TBear Super Mod! Congrats on 50k Reed :D - Bossy 50K - -Mustang- 50k, congrats bro - MELLY-MEL... can't be touched. - Body Movin' 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Birthday champ! - LoadedWraps Congrats on engagement! - Spacey1991 your daughter is adorable, Bless her :fing02: - -jose- is good to put a face to the name THE REED™ even doe you look nothing how I expected lol...I'll give you an 8.5 out of 10...good luck with your future wife :usa2: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - dans01234 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Head and Neck Cancer - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - QUELOQUE 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Freedom Fighter Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Atreyu Khalil 

Your brain needs carbohydrates to function properly.

If you want to lose weight just get into a caloric deficit... You don't need to cut out carbs, just make sure you account for them in you daily caloric allowances.