Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Eaner0919
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 Eaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,117,407,202.38
Total Points: 10,137,629,939.00
P4P 1 of Bscene's Best! - jazluvr My Favorite Margo fan-bud! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
lol

There's nothing but rumors, allegations and conjecture on the Internet. I know practically everything that's been posted; but the true details are known only to Gamboa, his promoters and some insiders. If you think you're getting all the facts, you're mistaken. We'll know what's what soon enough.
while I agree most of the stuff about Gamboa's actions is speculation there is an actual lawsuit pertaining to his actions from Top Rank. If they didn't feel strongly about their claims of breach then I highly doubt they would have gone forward. Add to that they have stated to several people (myself included when I interviewed DeBoef) they have proof of agreement.

best thing I can say about this issue knowing where my biases lay

had he been unhappy with everything going on then he should have never sent the wheels in motion that made Top Rank start up the promotion of the 4/14 fight date.

My speculation is that he has agreed to fight principles before in previous fights for Top Rank without signing and if that is the case then Top Rank can use that as precedent by stating that Gamboa has agreed in the past to fights without signing and that in this case there was nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the terms of this fight date

whether people feel for his "plight" or believe he is nothing more than a boy who cried wolf one thing is clear at least IMO

he's screwed
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
FirePunch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond reputeFirePunch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,085,707.76
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Gamboa wanted like 10- 15 million to fight Rios

Dude is trippen . Better go back to cuba with that imaginary superstar alter ego of his
Old 03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,122,901,468,721,394.00
Total Points: 6,122,901,468,743,210.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick wall View Post
what facts do you need? the fight was announced all over media...don't tell me gamboa didn't know that. if he was having a problem with his promoter, he should've brought it up right away and not wait for the presscon to happen and act like a diva for not showing up.
You're making assumptions based on limited information. Isn't it possible that Gamboa agreed to the terms as they were initially presented to him and then pulled out when he saw things he hadn't agreed to in the finished product? I have no idea if that's what happened, but I also have no idea if it didn't. No one else here does either.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
LeftHook "Tito"
Amateur

Total Points: 3,481.41

Listening to Gamboa is like listening Tito Trinidad back in his days.... Man u Live in US. how many time u need to learn English... OMG you are a f****G Profesional Boxer Step-up your language game...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
brick wall
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 brick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 503,478,343,362,935.69
Total Points: 503,478,345,467,509.19
Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
You're making assumptions based on limited information. Isn't it possible that Gamboa agreed to the terms as they were initially presented to him and then pulled out when he saw things he hadn't agreed to in the finished product? I have no idea if that's what happened, but I also have no idea if it didn't. No one else here does either.
i'm not making assumptions...i know there's a reason why he didn't show up at the presscon and i don't think that problem has suddenly popped up a day before the presscon. it's already there but he chose not to address it but rather acted idiotic by not showing up. and from the time he didn't show up up to now is a lot of time for him to explain his side but he didn't care. and even if people make assumptions out of this, it's understandable because gamboa did not offer any explanation. only when a case was filed against him that he's starting to talk yet not clear enough as to what his problem really is. it's too late though as the fight that people want to see is not happening.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,122,901,468,721,394.00
Total Points: 6,122,901,468,743,210.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaner0919 View Post
while I agree most of the stuff about Gamboa's actions is speculation there is an actual lawsuit pertaining to his actions from Top Rank. If they didn't feel strongly about their claims of breach then I highly doubt they would have gone forward. Add to that they have stated to several people (myself included when I interviewed DeBoef) they have proof of agreement.

best thing I can say about this issue knowing where my biases lay

had he been unhappy with everything going on then he should have never sent the wheels in motion that made Top Rank start up the promotion of the 4/14 fight date.

My speculation is that he has agreed to fight principles before in previous fights for Top Rank without signing and if that is the case then Top Rank can use that as precedent by stating that Gamboa has agreed in the past to fights without signing and that in this case there was nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the terms of this fight date

whether people feel for his "plight" or believe he is nothing more than a boy who cried wolf one thing is clear at least IMO

he's screwed
There's no doubt, things don't look good for Gamboa. I agree that Top Rank probably has their house in order with regards to this issue. Add the fact that the promotional company has a track record of winning their cases and you're probably right: Yuri probably is "screwed."

But simply because the limited evidence we have against Gamboa is damning doesn't mean he's guilty. Men have been sent to jail for a very long time, after having experts testify on scientifically collected evidence in a controlled, courtroom environment and still been found wrongfully convicted years later. I'm supposed to believe Yuri is guilty based on appearances, limited information and conjecture? lol

I'm not siding with Gamboa. I'm neutral on this issue. If Yuri fucked up, then I'll lay into him like most people here already are. But I want to hear everything both sides have to say before making any judgements.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Yogi007
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Yogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,116.83

Can't blame him for not wanting to fight Rios, the man is a beast.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,688,269,921,396,401.00
Total Points: 2,720,169,921,453,593.50
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHook "Tito" View Post
Listening to Gamboa is like listening Tito Trinidad back in his days.... Man u Live in US. how many time u need to learn English... OMG you are a f****G Profesional Boxer Step-up your language game...
And reading your english is like reading a first grader's. Apparently you need "many" more time to learn yours.