|03-14-2012, 05:13 AM||#11|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BS mod-convention, Caracas.
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)Rep Power: 553
Total Points: 1,369,205,283,315,761,664.00
|03-14-2012, 06:27 AM||#12|
Lords of Boxingscene
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the shadows of your dreams
Quoted: 772 Post(s)Rep Power: 553
Total Points: 12,804,585,089,219,763,896,320.00
And Jeddi Vader I tried to send a green your way but apparently I already have recently.
|03-14-2012, 09:20 PM||#13|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Leeds, England
Quoted: 140 Post(s)Rep Power: 13
Total Points: 1,010,044,674.43
Emanual Burton, Micky Ward, Hamed, Pryor, Morrales and Barrera are all unlucky not to make the list but there's some seriously good fighters in there so I can't disagree too much. A slightly left field choice could be Carl Thompson. He was like a cruiserweight version of Nigel Benn.
|03-15-2012, 05:43 PM||#14|
Days Of Glory
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quoted: 6 Post(s)Rep Power: 58
Total Points: 203,294,996,758,364.62
My Own Personal top 5 for excitement
1. Iron Mike Tyson This guy had the world captivated. A Man Child who wasnt just knocking guys out but was sending their unconscious bodies FLYING across the ring! Unadulterated Violence. Not always in the classic fights of say a Gatti or Saad Muhammad but when Tyson was in the building there was genuine electricity in the air and people WERE Excited! He had some good fights too ie, Ruddock 1 & 2, Holyfield ect but for the most part the excitement was due to the fact u knew u were about to watch the Baddest Man on the Planet smash someone's face in....
2. Nigel Benn The Dark Destroyer oozed a similar Menace to that of Tyson and was every bit as Vicious! This guy had power to burn and was just flat out mean! He came to fight every time out and when u throw in the fact that there was a hint of vulnerability about Benn you have your self one of the most exciting fighters ever
3. Arturo Thunder Gatti The Human Highlight Reel was an apt description of this fallen warrior, spectacular KO's, blood splattered faces, come from behind wins and FOTY wars were all standard practice for Gatti. The man lived to fight and was perhaps the closest thing to a real Rocky Balboa i ever saw...
4. Erik MoralesEl Terrible was simply born to fight. He could box pretty good but more often than not went to war and boy could he war! Back and forth exchanges between top class fighters was what u were all but gauranteed to get when Morales was fighting. A proud Mexican warrior with fire in his heart and lead in his fists. His first CLASSIC bout with Marco Antonio Barrera turned me from a big boxing fan to the degenerate boxing junkie i am today trolling boxing boards in my spare time.....
5. Evander Holyfield This guy really was The Real Deal! He went to War with far bigger men on a regular basis and with excellent results. Evander was the type of guy who always wanted to fire back when hit even if it didnt seem wise too. He has a ton of great fights on his record and a crowd pleasing style, the wars with Bowe stand out for me as among the greatest i ever saw at HW. His bouts with Cooper, Tyson, Mercer ect dont disappoint either...
Honorable mentions to Tommy Hearns, Felix Trinidad, Prince Naz, Barrera, Jamie Moore, Joe Frazier, Aaron Pryor, Riddick Bowe, Henry Armstrong.................Damn i best stop because i could be here a while!
|Share This With Friends|
|exciting, fighters, thrilled!|