Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?
Pernell Whitaker 155 45.72%
Manny Pacquiao 184 54.28%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,376.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
one draw is not an entire resume. how are you gonna sit there & pretend it is?

dont you have to take into account other things?
Never have I once claimed that.

I'm merely responding to you and stating that Whitaker's win over Chavez is better than anything Pacquaio has done in his career.

Does this automatically make his resume better? No.

But it's one of the reasons.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Roy Hobbs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 233,426.05
Total Points: 284,700.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
No it isn't!

What you've been trying to say is;

"Pacquaio has won more titles in more divisions"

"Pacquaio has beat more HOF'ers"

"Pacquaio has more FOTY awards"

And stupid logic like that.

boxing awards & decorations are stupid logic?

isnt that what a boxing resume is?

what thread are we in?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Roy Hobbs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never have I once claimed that.

I'm merely responding to you and stating that Whitaker's win over Chavez is better than anything Pacquaio has done in his career.

Does this automatically make his resume better? No.

But it's one of the reasons.
that's your opinion.

being the only fighter in the history of the sport to hold a flyweight title, a lightweight title, & a welterweight title is better than getting a draw with chavez sr.

that's just my opinion.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
morales 2x, marquez 2x, barerra 2x, oscar, cotto, clottey, hatton, mosley, margarito, bradley is better than

chavez, nelson, mcgirt 2x, ramirez, haugen, paez, nazario, pineda.

it just is.
If you include fighters like Oscar and Margarito on name value then yeah, "It just is".

If you include each of their actual top, legit wins;

Pacquaio - Sasakul, Lebadwa, Barrera 1, Morales 2, Marquez 2, Hatton, Cotto.

Whitaker - Chavez, Nelson, Ramirez x2, McGirt x2, Haugen, Vazquez.

Then I'd say it's Whitaker.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
boxing awards & decorations are stupid logic?
Yes, it is.

Quote:
isnt that what a boxing resume is?

No, it isn't.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
that's your opinion.

being the only fighter in the history of the sport to hold a flyweight title, a lightweight title, & a welterweight title is better than getting a draw with chavez sr.

that's just my opinion.
You keep saying "Getting a draw with Chavez" whilst acknowledging it was a robbery.

Why is this?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,935,846,894,069.24
Total Points: 3,181,847,120,540.34
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
that's your opinion.

that's just my opinion.
Don't forget featherweight, there was no alphabet title on the line because Barrera was stripped but Pac won The Ring title. He's the only man to become champion in 4 of the original weightclasses.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Roy Hobbs
Banned

Quote:
If you include fighters like Oscar and Margarito on name value then yeah, "It just is".

If you include each of their actual top, legit wins;

Pacquaio - Sasakul, Lebadwa, Barrera 1, Morales 2, Marquez 2, Hatton, Cotto.

Whitaker - Chavez, Nelson, Ramirez x2, McGirt x2, Haugen, Vazquez.

Then I'd say it's Whitaker.

im done talking to somebody who thinks boxing awards, decorations, number of hall of famers faced, hall of fame wins, division titles are considered stupid logic in a thread titled who has a better resume. we didnt even go over longevity, # of top 10 p4p fighters faced all of which favor pacquiao but go ahead try to slant & warp the argument any way you can, at the end of the day pacquiao has the greater resume.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Again, who on Ray Robinson's resume is a skilled as De La Hoya and Chavez? Does that mean Whitaker has a better resume than Robinson? Look at the WHOLE resume.
Gavilan is more skilled than both of them.

But I agree that's not the be all and end all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Great fighter but not as accomplished as Chavez was when Whitaker beat him.
Perhaps not when they respectively won their fights.

But Gavilan is certainly a greater fighter than Chavez, which answers your question.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Roy Hobbs
Banned

Quote:
Yes, it is.

No, it isn't.

i thought you were actually a decent poster, i didnt think you were a troll.