Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Which of these fighters deserve to be in the HOF one day???
Genaro Hernandez 13 30.23%
Diego Corrales 15 34.88%
Ricky Hatton 17 39.53%
Miguel Cotto 31 72.09%
Jose Luis Castillo 13 30.23%
Stevie Johnston 3 6.98%
Naseem Hamed 21 48.84%
Antonio Margarito 4 9.30%
Shane Mosley 33 76.74%
Winky Wright 21 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 28 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,915,893,882.34
Total Points: 2,915,908,834.75
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CornersKid View Post
Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Jose Luis Castillo, Stevie Johnston, Naseem Hamed, Shane Mosley, Antonio Margarito, and Winky Wright.

G. Hernandez' (38-2-1, 17 KO's): 2x Super Featherweight champ. Wins over Londas, Perez, Ramirez, Garcia, Nelson, C. Hernandez, and Gerena.

Corrales (40-5, 33 KO's): 2x Super Featherweight champ and 1x Lightweight champ. Wins over Garcia, Gainer, Juuko, Manfredy, Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo.

Hatton (45-2, 32 KO's): 2x Jr Welterweight champ and 1x Welterweight champ. Wins over Smith, Stewart, Tszyu, Maussa, Collazo, Urango, Castillo, Lazcano, and Malignaggi.

Cotto (37-2, 30 KO's): 1x Jr Welterweight champ, 2x Welterweight champ, and 1x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over Bazan, Maussa, Sosa, Pinto, Bailey, Torres, Branco, Malignaggi, Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Jennings, Clottey, Foreman, Mayorga, and Margarito.

Castillo (63-11-1, 54 KO's): 2x Lightweight champ. Wins over Johnston, Bazan, Lazcano, Casamayor, Diaz, Corrales, and Ngoudjo. Controversial loss to Mayweather.

Johnston (42-6, 18 KO's): 2x Lightweight champ. Wins over Mendy, Sakamoto, Scott, Baza, and Rios. Controversial loss to Castillo.

Hamed (36-1, 31 KO's): 2x Featherweight champ. Wins over Alicea, Molina, Kelley, Vasquez, Ingle, and Sanchez.

Margarito (38-8, 27 KO's): 3x Welterweight champ. Wins over Martinez, Diaz, Perez, Kyvelos, Cintron, Clottey, and Cotto.

Mosley (46-7, 39 KO's): 1x Lightweight champ, 3x Welterweight champ (1 was interim), and 1x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over Holiday, Molina, Morales, Leija, De La Hoya, Diaz, S. Taylor, Stone, Cruz, Vargas, Collazo, Mayorga, and Margarito.

Wright (51-5, 25 KO's): 3x Super Welterweight champ. Wins over McKart, Dodson, Mosley, Trinidad, and Quartey. Controversial losses to Simon and Vargas, and controversial draw with J. Taylor.

Which of these guys do you think deserve to be in the HOF????
hmm...hall of fame and ATG status much different credentials

Winky and Cotto for sure.

Genaro Hernandez, yes

The HOF should NOT reward known cheaters Shane Mosley (otherwise would have said yes) and Antonio Margarito

I'm on the fence about Hatton. I think his losses to Manny and Floyd overshadow his body of work as a fighter. Still had some decent wins to his credit.

The rest of the guys, you can probably make a decent arguement either way
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 112,064,916,662,969.42
Total Points: 118,067,598,309,193.23
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

the two easiest decisions are wright and mosley. at their best they were two terrific fighters with some damn good wins.

they are getting in to the hall of fame. and i'd vote for them to get in on a pretty early ballot in all likelihood (depending of course on who else is going to be on the ballot. you can only vote ten times i believe, and i'm certain only three fighters get in each year.)

next two who will get in pretty easily are cotto and hatton

both had huge followings, were in very big fights, had been p4p for long periods.
i think they'll get a bit more credit than they deserve and get in pretty quickly
and of course cotto has the whole margarito thing to blame. he was never the same after that fight and it will certainly weigh on the decision.

i think hamed is eventually getting in as well
everybody else is borderline
sympathy votes for corales and hernandez

i wouldn't probably vote for anybody other than shane and winky early on, especially if there are other good candidates.

and margarito will never even sniff the hall.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
iLovesoccermoms
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 iLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond reputeiLovesoccermoms has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,102,128,378,058.63
Total Points: 1,107,486,483,391.23
Kate bending over :luvbed: - jose830 

mosley is in
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
xcaret v4
Banned

Rep Power: 0 xcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these partsxcaret v4 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 94,882,738.87
hit me back - The Underboss cheers bro! - chiguy91 happy new year - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
Mosley for sure.. Cotto will get in. maybe hatton.. i think thats it.
Why dont we put Luis Resto while we're at it...

retard.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 21,493,295,838,127.45
Total Points: 22,748,617,416,319.27
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Cotto
Hamed
Mosley
Wright do in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,320,678.79
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Cotto
Hamed
Mosley
Wright do in my opinion.
Agree DI BUSH BABEEE. . . Prolly not first balloters, but deserve to get the nod.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
gauze
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 gauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these parts
Bank: 494,521,774,220.33
Total Points: 494,521,780,935.66

i say corrales and castillo get in just because of their first fight. what an epic classic, and probably my favorite fight. best fight i've ever seen. the 2 best lightweights in an all-out, back and forth, dramatic war. otherwise they would be borderline. they both had some nice wins (including each other), not first-ballot kind of guys though. i also thought castillo beat mayweather so extra bonus for him.

mosley, wright, and cotto for sure.

johnston and margarito, no.

hatton....maybe. again, not a first-ballot kind of guy. tszyu win was real good, collazo is an ok win but controversial. i think that WBA welterweight title helps his case a lot so he probably gets in. i personally wouldn't vote him.

i dont know enough about hernandez and wasn't really there for his prime years. i'm not familiar with the guys on his resume outside of mayweather, DLH, azumah nelson, jorge paez, and hernandez. but looking at his resume i kinda lean towards no. although prime hernandez is a very good win as i consider him to be underrated and had some losses that easily could have gone the other way.

hamed had 15 defenses of the WBO title and a 3x featherweight champion with good wins over kelley, mccullough, vazquez, sanchez...yes.

if it was me personally voting on the ballots: mosley, cotto, wright, corrales, castillo, and hamed.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,870,030.26
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

If I had to say at some point who I would pick to get in: I'd say Cotto, Mosley, Corrales, Hatton, G. Hernandez, and Castillo.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,311,513,795,134.19
Total Points: 1,312,513,809,583.87
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

i dont think any of them will get in. mosley would be the most deserving in my opinion. but hes got the whole drugs thing.

im not sure cotto should get in. vacant title after vacant title might hinder his chances.

hatton shouldnt get in. he didnt really beat collazo. and his best win is against an aged tszyu even if he was p4p number 2 at the time. just the same way people are slating calzaghes win over hopkins who was rated top 5 p4p at the time.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,168,056,381.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

Mosley doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Juicers shouldn't get the privilege!