Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Hands of Iron
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Hands of Iron has a spectacular aura aboutHands of Iron has a spectacular aura aboutHands of Iron has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,208.81

Holyfield had one of the most ****ing amazing chins and heart in boxing history. Proven time and again against the highest level of heavy handed, savage punchers in history. No bull**** or exaggeration.

You cant watch the first Bowe fight and not get CHILLS running through your spine at the display of fortitude and guts.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 113 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 919,740,034,122.06
Total Points: 3,196,740,340,638.17
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Holyfield had one of the most ****ing amazing chins and heart in boxing history. Proven time and again against the highest level of heavy handed, savage punchers in history. No bull**** or exaggeration.

You cant watch the first Bowe fight and not get CHILLS running through your spine at the display of fortitude and guts.
It just doesn't feel possible that he took that uppercut and the beating that followed, never went down, and came back to have Bowe hurt. It's superhuman stuff.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Hands of Iron
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Hands of Iron has a spectacular aura aboutHands of Iron has a spectacular aura aboutHands of Iron has a spectacular aura about

Not to derail the thread or anything, but the fact that guys like Marvin Hagler get kudos as having a better chin than Holyfield in any sense is a joke of the highest order. POUND FOR POUND????? Hagler fought nothing but men of equal size. The two biggest punchers he faced were both moving up.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Hands of Iron
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
It just doesn't feel possible that he took that uppercut and the beating that followed, never went down, and came back to have Bowe hurt. It's superhuman stuff.
That uppercut is about the moment Tyson was KTFO by a much lesser puncher in James Douglas. Even the same round.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 113 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 919,740,034,122.06
Total Points: 3,196,740,340,638.17
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Not to derail the thread or anything, but the fact that guys like Marvin Hagler get kudos as having a better chin than Holyfield in any sense is a joke of the highest order. POUND FOR POUND????? Hagler fought nothing but men of equal size. The two biggest punchers he faced were both moving up.
Now now, Hagler's chin is not in dispute. It's certainly not a joke to think it's as good or a better chin than Holyfield.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Hands of Iron
Contender

Quote:
Now now, Hagler's chin is not in dispute. It's certainly not a joke to think it's as good or a better chin than Holyfield.
Admittedly a little over the top. At 160lbs, absolutely not in dispute. In terms of blunt power, Holyfield's could obviously withstand more, just as Thomas Hearns hit a lot harder than say, Wilfredo Gomez.

Pound-for-Pound is a largely imaginary scale and open for interpretation. Size matters. When talking about fighters with tihe ability of Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, it gets taken to an entirely different level. Is there a group of superheavyweights superior to this one? Now consider Holyfield was yielding an easy 20-25 lbs to both Bowe and Lewis (whom he fought five times combined) and was physically ailing in the third Bowe fight; against Foreman, he was outgunned by no less than 50 lbs. Who did Hagler fight possessed equivalent punching ability and outweighed him by remotely similar margins?

Then there's the more equal playing field group such as Tyson who was a huge favorite going into the first fight and others Cooper, Moorer, Mercer.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
U_TALKING_2_ME?
R U TALKING 2 ME?!

Rep Power: 6 U_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 237,042,614.93
No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? you're a hero bro - DosRounds 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - U_TALKING_2_ME? 

Quote:
Admittedly a little over the top. At 160lbs, absolutely not in dispute. In terms of blunt power, Holyfield's could obviously withstand more, just as Thomas Hearns hit a lot harder than say, Wilfredo Gomez.

Pound-for-Pound is a largely imaginary scale and open for interpretation. Size matters. When talking about fighters with tihe ability of Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, it gets taken to an entirely different level. Is there a group of superheavyweights superior to this one? Now consider Holyfield was yielding an easy 20-25 lbs to both Bowe and Lewis (whom he fought five times combined) and was physically ailing in the third Bowe fight; against Foreman, he was outgunned by no less than 50 lbs. Who did Hagler fight possessed equivalent punching ability and outweighed him by remotely similar margins?

Then there's the more equal playing field group such as Tyson who was a huge favorite going into the first fight and others Cooper, Moorer, Mercer.
very good post, two of my fav fighters The Real Deal and The Marvelous one, but of course the real deal had the better chin he was taking punches from much bigger men. I would love to have seen Evander vs The Brown Bomber
Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Hands of Iron
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
very good post, two of my fav fighters The Real Deal and The Marvelous one, but of course the real deal had the better chin he was taking punches from much bigger men. I would love to have seen Evander vs The Brown Bomber
Mine as well.

Two of the most legitimately hard fighters to lace up gloves. They both went far beyond what's acceptable and would suffice as great regarding in-ring performance, fortitude, heart, chin and will.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
chaposinaloa
Contender

Total Points: 13,682.85

Quote:
Mine as well.

Two of the most legitimately hard fighters to lace up gloves. They both went far beyond what's acceptable and would suffice as great regarding in-ring performance, fortitude, heart, chin and will.
Thanks for the videos guys!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,686.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
I need a cleansing experience right now.

I love this fight. Quarry had a mean left hook/bodyshot, way more than he gets credit for.