Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,089,364,510.50
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Continues To Enjoy Royal Treatment

By Jake Donovan - The May 5 collision between 154 lb. titlist Miguel Cotto and unbeaten pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Jr. has been aptly titled “Ring Kings.” Playing to the show’s theme, the press tour has featured the royal welcome for both combatants, as each man their place on a king’s throne on stage during the tour’s press conference.

Such accommodations are hardly unique for Mayweather Jr., who has for years served as among boxing’s royalty.

It was his superstar status that allowed for the fight to happen in the first place. Faced with the dilemma of serving a 90-day sentence at the start of the year, the seven-time titlist in five separate weight classes) managed to get a Clark County judge to delay the sentence in order to honor a previous agreement with the MGM Grand to fight on May 5.

The ruling in what was supposed to serve as sentencing day in early January was reminiscent of a passage from old school rapper Kool G. Rap’s “Road To The Riches” hip hop anthem:

Some young male put in jail
His lawyer’s so good, his bail was on sale

Everything about the verdict was unprecedented, but no doubt largely due to the status held by Mayweather Jr. as a huge money maker for the economically devastated Las Vegas region. The fighter himself was playing a game of Russian Roulette, as he was still in the process of securing an opponent for a boxing weekend that he has shared in past years with pound-for-pound rival Manny Pacquiao.

The speculation was that this time around would finally mark as good news for one and all, that both fighters would put their egos in check and - after more than two years of exhausting nearly every possible storyline - find a way to make the most lucrative fight in boxing history.

When that didn’t happen, Mayweather Jr. found a way to keep momentum in his favor. At a February 1 hearing in Las Vegas, the unbeaten star was forced to explain to a Nevada State Athletic Commission panel why he was deserving of his boxing license being renewed. His past – in particular, his out-of-ring actions – was called into question but his responses were taken into consideration. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM
spoonwars
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 spoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,211,408,602.72
Total Points: 6,211,411,658.58

According to Mayweather's logic, Cotto will still be undefeated after he beats him because Cotto is no longer in his prime.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,455.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

I'm beyond disappointed that "The Great Jake" has become such a common Mayweather backside-licker-a vulgar term I rarely if ever use. This article is only to laud the egotistical lunatic.

Highlighting Donovan's subservience, I ask "how does getting a poor stylistic matchup opponent (Cotto) translate into a gain over Pacquiao's fight with Bradley which he is implying is a good stylistic matchup" ?

Donovan's no fool, so there has to be some-likely tortuous-explanation for this.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:07 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 43 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,414,909,972,333,794.25
Total Points: 1,417,909,972,371,220.75
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas 

I'm beyond disappointed that "edgarg" continues to be the biggest Bob Arum dick licker (a term I rarely if ever use) and apologist on this forum.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:50 AM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,556,126,920.71
Total Points: 7,757,262,193.11
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

the most ignorant comment "when Pacquiao forced de La hoya to come down to 147". Yeah well he conveniently forgets Pacquiao was coming up from LIGHTWEIGHT, a weight class he had only one fight in.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,059,300.27

Forget Bob,manny,roach,may sr,roger and all others involved, Floyd is a deluded arrogant unmoral greedy powertripping gutless sorry excuse for a boxer and will be remembered for it.

Its not about have good he is its about have he act

Last edited by 110110110; 02-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 AM
LeadIsBack
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LeadIsBack has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 1,029.10
pactard destroyer medal - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
I'm beyond disappointed that "The Great Jake" has become such a common Mayweather backside-licker-a vulgar term I rarely if ever use. This article is only to laud the egotistical lunatic.
You stuck-up prat..... instead of proving your ignorance, point out something that you disagree with.

Quote:
Highlighting Donovan's subservience, I ask "how does getting a poor stylistic matchup opponent (Cotto) translate into a gain over Pacquiao's fight with Bradley which he is implying is a good stylistic matchup" ?.
Because, Mayweather is fighting Cotto, one of the biggest names, and biggest draws, in the sport..... whereas Punkiao is fighting a guy that most casual fans have never even heard of, smarten up.

Quote:
Donovan's no fool, so there has to be some-likely tortuous-explanation for this.
Correct, you are.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Rapid Counter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Rapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 273,203,453,465,706.81
Total Points: 273,203,453,484,238.59
Cool poster (GL on our bet) - eddie_monster Happy Easter babe :) :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for the help bro! - Camp Beast 1k - rorymac you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. 
you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. your sig...Lmao!...beer on me... - jose830 Thanks! - FeFist nice albums! i will be paying random visits :D - jose830 LOL @ your sig, heres a cookie from someones picnic basket i looted - Yogi Bear 
Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer my brethren - chav Your the man bro - torosboxing75 you got a good sense of humor that's what's up! - -jose- 

Quote:

Highlighting Donovan's subservience, I ask "how does getting a poor stylistic matchup opponent (Cotto) translate into a gain over Pacquiao's fight with Bradley which he is implying is a good stylistic matchup" ?

Let me help you out.

The negative = Mayweather is fighting Cotto. (Cotto, who was Pacquiao's first choice opponent if he was willing to drain down, AGAIN) A bad stylistic match up for Cotto.

"this time in a fight that from a styles perspective figures to be less competitive than Pacquiao’s June 9 showdown with Tim Bradley Jr."

Turning the negative into the positive = "The chief selling point in getting Cotto to agree to terms was in making the opportunity as attractive as possible. This was lost on Pacquiao, who sought a rematch but only if it took place below 150 lb., far below where Cotto has campaigned for his past three fights in growing quite accustomed to the 154 lb. limit." The writer was being generous here because Pac said he wouldn't fight Cotto above 147, well below 150

Turning a negative into a positive = That's how it translates into a gain

Last edited by Rapid Counter; 02-29-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 AM
spazdarn
Amateur

Total Points: 811.53

By Mayweather's logic he must not have been Marquez. He cheated by coming in well over the limit, against a fighter that was coming up in weight.

It's a ridiculous statement to make, but all Mayweather does is run his mouth, he might be a ridiculously intelligent boxer, but everytime he opens his mouth idiocy creeps out.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 AM
nycsmooth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 nycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 47,431.70
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 you deserve a kick for your stupid posts - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J 

last post doesn't even have meaning but FM will behind closed doors soon doing what needs to b done to ensure a complete/dominant victory...you're fooling yourself , Cotto 2, if you think otherwise...