Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
DJR005
Contender

Rep Power: 6 DJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,880,759.90
Total Points: 2,112,617.31
Default Top Rank vs Golden Boy

I was just watching the Cotto vs Mayweather promotional tour that stopped off in NYC. Befor ei say what i want to say i will say this. No question about it BOB ARUM is a greedy, selfish person and its because of him and Mayweather that Pac/May hasnt happened.
However there is no question that when it comes to the promotional touring that Top Rank annihalates G.B Promotions. Was it just me or did it sem like this event was a 2nd rate promotional company? Why the hell would you have a DJ as the MC for the event? He announced Cotto as being 37-0, He couldnt even say the correct name of Caguas, The musicians had no clue when they were supposed to start playing. The announcers mixed up the dates of the fight and the 24/7 dates. Its just amazing to me when 2 of the to 3 fighters as far as popularity and PPV sales are fighting that they have these people running the event. If you look at Cotto during Al Haymons speech he looks around like he had no clue what was happening. Cotto has been my go 2 fighter for the last 8 years, and I for one am thrilled that Mayweather and him are finally fighting even though it shouldve been going down in 2007 or 2008. I just hope they get a better showing when they go to LA.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM
treason1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 treason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,345,422.78
Total Points: 16,937,641.01
fair and unbiased fan !!!! ....................jk pactard - Antagonist 

your right the promotion was 2nd rate !!!! but you also have to take into considerration that cotto was already destroyed by manny , and mayweather isnt a hard puncher so fans that are looking for a spectackqlar firework fight are already diappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Junior M Weight
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Junior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these partsJunior M Weight is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,542.50
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sifo Dyas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason1 View Post
your right the promotion was 2nd rate !!!! but you also have to take into considerration that cotto was already destroyed by manny , and mayweather isnt a hard puncher so fans that are looking for a spectackqlar firework fight are already diappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You just had to sneak your daddy's name in there didn't you?

This about GBP and TR, and you bring up manny. Filipino, go suck his **** somewhere else. I know you've got zero people in the limelight to cheer for but get a grip.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
DJR005
Contender

Rep Power: 6 DJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,880,759.90
Total Points: 2,112,617.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason1 View Post
I cant dispute that, Every one in the boxing and sports world wants a Mayweather vs Pac fight but, this is in my mind the 2nd best fight that could be made since the top 2 (MAY/PAC) have no desire to fight the 3rd p4p in Martinez, Regardless of his 2 losses ( which were both BS ) Cotto is still a top 10 p4p fighter today