Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Johnny Doomzday
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Johnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,101,347,159.35
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to Johnny Doomzday
Post I Left Apple IOS and came back to Android. (My reasons why)----->>

So.... I bought a White iPhone 4S 32 gigs on January 29th and just returned it afew days ago and went with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Ive been like a giddy school girl ever since!!

It began afew days after having my iPhone.... I just could not for the life of me figure out why everyone claims this is the best phone out. It has a 3.5 inch screen which seems outdated in todays market, it does not support flash so i cant watch videos on certain sites and it allowed for zero customizable options. I honestly felt stupid for falling into the line of sheep and getting a Phone just because of its buzz.

So i started researching and landed on the Samsung line which along with HTC and Motorola have been producing devices with specs even better the iPhone. And i made a pros and cons list and came up with these areas that mattered to me.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Pros-- breaking edge 4.0 ICS software that includes funtionalites like Face reconition, Multitasking, Resizable widgets, Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs, Unified calendar, visual voicemail, Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor and MUCH more.

iPhone 4S Pros- Great camera and fun instagram app... other then that i failed to come up with any other reasons to justify owning this phone. It allows zero options when speaking of customizing (unless u consider changing wallpaper custom options)

People say "Hey its a solid steardy operating system that just works!"..... Well when the OS is nearly the same since its launch in 2007 then of course it runs well. it BETTER!

The screen size has not changed in 6 years, the housing hasnt changed in 2 years and the each year Android ups them in nearly every aspect when talking specs. Screen, memory, ram, options, keyboards, and so on.

But the MAIN reason i wanted to get rid of the iPhone is the Apple community is among the most annoying group of gay whiney cunts who make Xbox Live chatters seem intelligent. They walk around with there stupid smug smiles clinching on to thier iPhone like they own the best piece of hardware around. It truley makes me sick and i wanted no part or association with a group of people who jump in line to buy a overrated smartphone because they are conditoned to do so or because they saw the Jonas brothers rocking a IPhone on the red carpet.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
HayastanciCule
Contender

Rep Power: 6 HayastanciCule is just really niceHayastanciCule is just really niceHayastanciCule is just really niceHayastanciCule is just really nice
Bank: 358,735,135,313.08
Total Points: 358,740,153,093.20
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

i went from a motorola droid 1 to the galaxy nexus. i played around with the iphone and didnt like it. i love the screen and all the perks of ICS, especially the USB OTG.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Shadow boxer 3
Ain't no half steppin'

Rep Power: 35 Shadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,561,904,004,426.37
Total Points: 26,561,904,037,985.37
Congrats on 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Cool cat, good poster - mangler for the family. - Ether Happy early Birthday :) :wave: - *Boss Lady* i like your avatar - zab191 
:kiss: - Bossy 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Childhood Cancer - Breakbeat Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Childhood Cancer - Dorian Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 

i never really understood what was so special about the i-phone. i have an android, the thunderbolt which is the verizon version of the sprint evo. if im not mistaken it does everything the i-phone does except has a bigger screen
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Johnny Doomzday
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Johnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Doomzday has a reputation beyond repute
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeFan View Post
i went from a motorola droid 1 to the galaxy nexus. i played around with the iphone and didnt like it. i love the screen and all the perks of ICS, especially the USB OTG.
yea ICS is a real treat. I love all the little tweaks i find everyday using this thing. It really has all the bells and whitles.

(Unlike IOS which has been the same for years and is basicly a iPod with phone function.)
Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Johnny Doomzday
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
i never really understood what was so special about the i-phone. i have an android, the thunderbolt which is the verizon version of the sprint evo. if im not mistaken it does everything the i-phone does except has a bigger screen
No you are not mistaken. You are correct. I can name a number of things Android does that IOS does not but can not do this vice versa.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 PM
-The Glove-
Rock out w/ ur Hawk out

Rep Power: 41 -The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,920,881,891,733.19
Total Points: 132,033,879,434,066.50
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! haha Have a cold one - Natedatpkid Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Enjoy the game tonight. Don't get griffin'd. - Very Rich Man 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

I had the iphone 3gs for over 2 years and finally made the jump to Android. Love it.

Here's an example of a clueless Apple sheep. A girl I went to HS with posted this on her FB.

Quote:
I love Apple so much, I could cry right now. I will forever support Apple, no matter what
Now I'm not saying you can't support a brand if the products are far superior, but to blindly support it is retarded. I shop around for everything before I make my final decision. **** brand loyalty.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Johnny Doomzday
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Glove- View Post
I had the iphone 3gs for over 2 years and finally made the jump to Android. Love it.

Here's an example of a clueless Apple sheep. A girl I went to HS with posted this on her FB.
SMFH... Im so glad to seperate myself from the Apple herd.

What Android did you get pal?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
-The Glove-
Rock out w/ ur Hawk out

Rep Power: 41 -The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,920,881,891,733.19
Total Points: 132,033,879,434,066.50
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! haha Have a cold one - Natedatpkid Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Enjoy the game tonight. Don't get griffin'd. - Very Rich Man 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
SMFH... Im so glad to seperate myself from the Apple herd.

What Android did you get pal?
I know it's not the latest and greatest thing out, but it's good enough for me for now. The HTC Inspire. Very well made phone.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics

Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 227,858,843,253,884.81
Total Points: 227,864,043,542,976.28
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

apple > android end thread
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Johnny Doomzday
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Glove- View Post
I know it's not the latest and greatest thing out, but it's good enough for me for now. The HTC Inspire. Very well made phone.
HTC is good. They make quality stuff