Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-14-2012, 06:04 PM
frosty-g
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 frosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,055,437.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
You make a sound observation about Hernandez's stamina. I also get the impression that Yoan Pablo gasses early. He needs to bring up his conditioning. Hernandez isn't a monster cruiserweight; but with the proper training, he can be champ for a while. It would be a very good thing for him; they seem to love Yoan Pablo in Germany.
i haven't seen enough of hernandez to know but i think in both the cunningham fights it might say more about cunningham than hernandez. the USS was obviously in ridiculously good shape, with hernandez throwing even the kitchen sink at him and yet he gets up and comes back way stronger. like some damn zombie film!!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,587.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty-g View Post
i haven't seen enough of hernandez to know but i think in both the cunningham fights it might say more about cunningham than hernandez. the USS was obviously in ridiculously good shape, with hernandez throwing even the kitchen sink at him and yet he gets up and comes back way stronger. like some damn zombie film!!
lol "USS" is pretty impressive like that.

It so happens that I was just looking at the fourth round of the second fight again. I'm still amazed at how Cunningham managed to survive that round. Hernandez couldn't catch him with a flush shot to close the deal, but Steve was still taking enough to put a lesser man out.

I've seen both Cunningham fights, the Herelius bout and a few clips. Yoan Pablo is good, maybe not tremendous, but very, very solid. His two performances against a worthy champion like Cunningham alone speak volumes. The first bout with Steve left something to be desired, with that questionable stoppage, but Hernandez showed power and quality.

As I said before, Yoan Pablo fights in spurts, and his conditioning could be better. He throws somewhat loopy punches. But Hernandez has good skills, goes nicely to the body and has very respectable power. He has himself shown heart in his victories over Cunningham. I think Yoan Pablo has a very bright future. If he stays in Germany, he'll do extremely well for himself. He seems very popular over there, and even starred as Joe Louis in a film about Max Schmeling.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
frosty-g
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 frosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,055,437.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
lol "USS" is pretty impressive like that.

It so happens that I was just looking at the fourth round of the second fight again. I'm still amazed at how Cunningham managed to survive that round. Hernandez couldn't catch him with a flush shot to close the deal, but Steve was still taking enough to put a lesser man out.

I've seen both Cunningham fights, the Herelius bout and a few clips. Yoan Pablo is good, maybe not tremendous, but very, very solid. His two performances against a worthy champion like Cunningham alone speak volumes. The first bout with Steve left something to be desired, with that questionable stoppage, but Hernandez showed power and quality.

As I said before, Yoan Pablo fights in spurts, and his conditioning could be better. He throws somewhat loopy punches. But Hernandez has good skills, goes nicely to the body and has very respectable power. He has himself shown heart in his victories over Cunningham. I think Yoan Pablo has a very bright future. If he stays in Germany, he'll do extremely well for himself. He seems very popular over there, and even starred as Joe Louis in a film about Max Schmeling.
i'll have to watch some more of hernandez, i liked what i saw in the first few rounds or so of this latest bout, great skill.
cunningham earned a lot of respect though. after the first fight, when i saw him go down in the second, even though he looked done, i thought "hang on a moment here"! and yeah he did very well all things considered, great fight!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,331.76

I really enjoy USS' fights, but after the first fight, Hernandez just seemed to have that kind of style that was always going to trouble Cunningham. Even after the controversy surrounding the first fight, I thought USS was losing without a doubt and it was going to be a rough outing.

With the rematch... Cunningham should have stayed on the outside all night and boxed Hernandez, but he kept staying in range the get caught with heavy shots. Hernandez just has that style that will always trouble Cunningham and the KD's certainly helped which is what I think gave Hernandez the win, but even without one or both, Hernandez could eked out the W or at least a draw.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,162,559.02
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann400 View Post
Like I said, I don't have an issue with Hernandez winning obviously, just saying all this "erased all doubts" stuff, just doesn't truly describe the way the fight went. When I heard everyone talking about it, and reading the articles I was expecting a more complete performance from Hernandez. He looked really flat in alot of the rounds, while Cunningham was doing effective work with the jab and body shots. I just think those two big knockdowns effected peoples view of how the whole affair truly went down, that's really all I'm saying...Not trying to make a big deal out of it.
I saw it the same way. You could give Steve rounds 5-11, maybe YPH won one. I gave YPH the final round, cause he hurt Steve, but USS was back to outworking him within 15 seconds.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Cardinal Buck
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Cardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,045,578.75
Cheers to that! - E.P.T. 

Yoan has skills, but he needs to do something about his workrate. Maybe it's a conditioning issue....I don't think he's shown his top potential yet.