Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
PRking718
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 PRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,125,891.91
Total Points: 17,483,448.53
Default My Admittedly Biased Opinion on Cotto vs May

Cotto is a pressure fighter, a stalker. Naturally, he has trouble with punch output and pressure thrown back at him. If you can take his punches and beat him down hard, Cotto may lose. Now, if he can take your punches -- you might be fast, slick, wateva, he's going to walk you down with that jab and kick your ass. Unless Floyd pulls an Ali vs Foreman and applies pressure to Cotto when no one expects it (which by the way I don't put past him), I think Cotto finds his range and wins. But Floyd is smart and knows Cotto will be defeated with pressure. I just don't see a determined, came here to fight Cotto letting him do that though. Well, as long as he comes to give the fight of his life.

Mayweather, the king of the one-punch and get out of harms way, will win early rounds. But this offensive game won't be enough. Cotto knows this and will train for it. I don't even have to mention how good this trainer is for learning to fight counter-punches, that's what the Cubans do.

Cotto will not recklessly try and KO Floyd but after cutting that ring off Cotto will find his range after maybe 3 rounds or 4 and start landing those combinations. Floyd will be confused and flustered around the 8th when he gets into his corner. Uncle Roger won't be of great help, there's a disconnect there. Cotto will come out his corner following the Castillo blueprint, being thee busier man, forcing Floyd to open up if he wants to win rounds. He will win some exchanges but lose most. Cotto is a calculated puncher who will keep the pressure for 12 rounds, always punching. If May tries to bully him I see Cotto using his leverage much like with Margarito. Cotto takes this with a UD or possible late TKO. Hey, if I'm wrong **** it, but I think Cotto has what it takes to sustain the game-plan for 12 rounds. I think he really wants this and I'll be flying out to support him.

I may be one in very few on here but I have some great boxing buddies and trainers who like Roach give Cotto more than a shot. Some who even like Floyd, but always felt Cotto was a guy to beat him. One of my most knowledgeable buddies thinks Cotto without beating Margarito, had no shot, but now that his confidence is up, he says Cotto's mental will be on point. And the mental is 75%-90% of the game. Something I try to tell the haters who like to **** on Cotto Post Margarito. They never fought and don't know what that does to a fighters mind. All opinions welcome, it'd be nice if we can maintain a sense of decency even if we disagree.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,174,367.80
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

rewatch the pacquiao fight, pacquiao was outboxing Cotto.

Mayweather said immediately after this fight was signed that he'll be coming forward and applying pressure. Cotto is much less effective on the backfoot than he is the front.

Floyd can easily bully Cotto. Mayweather was able to push around clinch fest guys like Hatton and Mosley. Cotto who just learned how to clinch in his last daycare session isn't going to be able to touch a veteran in this arena.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:45 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 123 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,876,166,055,114.25
Total Points: 4,153,166,389,526.79
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

It's been a long ass time since Cotto broke down a fighter in any impressive way. He's become much more of a boxer than a stalker.

And Floyd will walk at him. Bank on it.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
PRking718
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 PRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond reputePRking718 has a reputation beyond repute

BOTH good points... I know in my mind that Floyd will try the pressure tactic, it really is the best way.

My question is based on May's punch output. If he isn't shooting enough right hands, the bullying may not work on Cotto, what would happen then, hypothetically? My guess is Floyd begins to potshot to a UD.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 392,657,262,227,829.25
Total Points: 392,657,262,335,020.25
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Cotto is done!!! This is not the Quintana Cotto and Mayweather isn't Quintana neither
Old 02-11-2012, 03:08 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,174,367.80
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRking718 View Post
BOTH good points... I know in my mind that Floyd will try the pressure tactic, it really is the best way.

My question is based on May's punch output. If he isn't shooting enough right hands, the bullying may not work on Cotto, what would happen then, hypothetically? My guess is Floyd begins to potshot to a UD.
You're right Mayweather doesn't have the highest punch output the majority of the time, but what many people chose to conveniently ignore is how Floyd also drops everyone of his opponents outputs.

Mayweather can up his output if he wants. Threw 67 punches in the 4th round of the Ortiz fight.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Ko King 212
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Ko King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,342,173,329,495.05
Total Points: 3,342,192,414,944.59

Homie you need to watch that Ortiz fight again. Floyd wasn't f-cking around with him. And He is younger and stronger then cotto. 1 shot my azz.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Pacquiao'd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these parts
Bank: 454,119,616,632.15
Total Points: 734,229,106,024.59
Keep up the good work Bro - Jedi Vader No Message - jazluvr have fun - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 
tasty! - YDKSAB Retard - flat1985 My favorite MayClown :) - Beercules Pacquiao'd goes hard! War Floyd! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
rewatch the pacquiao fight, pacquiao was outboxing Cotto.

Mayweather said immediately after this fight was signed that he'll be coming forward and applying pressure. Cotto is much less effective on the backfoot than he is the front.

Floyd can easily bully Cotto. Mayweather was able to push around clinch fest guys like Hatton and Mosley. Cotto who just learned how to clinch in his last daycare session isn't going to be able to touch a veteran in this arena.
bwahahaha
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM
- v e t -
are you a badfish too?

Rep Power: 0 - v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute- v e t - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,018,044.00
Total Points: 10,063,160,461.58
Have a beer bro! - led One more - led A gif inside :)! - Dorian.. for another vet - BoxingTech718 A slice for you! - Dorian.. 
countless treasures for you - jazluvr Muchas gracias - Rich Loc Jr G.O.A.T. - Dorian.. vet... - Ether it's a new copy of MW2...lol. - jazluvr 
You'll always be my buddy, Vet! - jazluvr inspired me to make a Melanie sig.... - MANIAC310 *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc for my super-buddy : ) - jazluvr No Leaf Clover - Mike Tyson77 Bring Melanie back, bruh. - dj Pepe 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - El Mustang Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - El Mustang 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - El Mustang Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - El Mustang Hepatitis C - iBreakbeat Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - iBreakbeat Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - El Mustang 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Mustang Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - El Mustang Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Mustang Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - El Mustang Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Mustang 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - El Mustang Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Mustang Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - El Mustang Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Mustang Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. 

mayweather v baldomir all over again

keep walking him down miguel!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
PRking718
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko King 212 View Post
Homie you need to watch that Ortiz fight again. Floyd wasn't f-cking around with him. And He is younger and stronger then cotto. 1 shot my azz.
Yeah homie but Ortiz has about less than 1/3 rd the Ring IQ that Cotto has, don't forget zero to no head movement and bounce. Cotto is more talented than Ortiz in everyway. Why does young and strong even get brought up? It it was anything that would help Floyds opponents than Canelo should be favored against him. Your style vs my style is what matters.