Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will May-Cotto be more like May-Ortiz or May-Mosley???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto is Floyd's best opponent since Hatton to me, but Mosley and Ortiz were still good B/B+ opponents at the time. Mosley was #9 P4P, coming off wins over Mayorga and Margarito, he was a legit fight. Yes, Shane was past his prime and it showed, but still a legit win at the moment of that fight. And Ortiz was the next best WW besides Floyd and Manny, coming off wins. I only wish Maidana had given Victor a rematch in the 2 years after their fight, but he never did.

Hatton was a really good fight, same as Pac fighting Bradley really. He was unbeaten, Top 10 P4P, had good wins coming in, prime. That fight was still better than Cotto at 154 if you ask me. Cotto at 154 is still a good fight and it's important for Floyd to get Cotto on his resume while he's still good.

Comment

It will be it's own fight. I think it will most closely resemble the Oscar fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
        Agreed, like Mosley without getting hurt,
        I should say poor Cotto but he'll be smiling start to finish.
        Money in the bank.
        I hope not, to me it'd be better if he went in there really trying to win with all his heart bc a win or impressive performance that may require a rematch = WAY MORE MONEY IN THE BANK IN THE LONG RUN.

Don't sleep -- Cotto will land on Floyd, weather they fight inside or out. There's a reason dudes in the game like Roach give Cotto a shot at 154 with a trainer like he has. You can say what you want but Cotto is at a comfy weight and has cleared the Cheato demon. He may not have fought the best at 154 yet but he's tested that chin vs bigger guys and proved to be able to TKO them. Cheato was a tuff cookie to crack plaster or not. Cotto knows how to move with that jab and come in and out with that bounce. If he can learn to stay away from the counter right, he'd be good, he's too durable for a guy who wont try to lure him into a firefight. I doubt he will, bc May didn't even throw combos vs Mosley -- he could have, but played it cool. Cotto has been seen to have problems with pressure. Mayweather will make it very interesting if he decides to stay inside with Cotto. And walk him down? Cotto didn't let Cheat do that, who comes in a good 15 - 20 more pounds that Floyd. He pushed him around, using leverage. If May wants to try that he will more than likely find a 154 Cotto too strong.

Comment

Cotto, like Bob Arum knew years ago, will get taken to school. At least Cotto fired the POS that Bob is and will make bank!

note to the fake boxing fans known as *******s...
          Watch the video and you will see why people have said, Ortiz got Gatti'ed... "protect yourself at all times"... Mosley knows... Gatti knows.... Ortiz forgot...

Comment

If he fights Cotto the way he fought Ortiz (sloppy) he'll be in a tonne of trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X