Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2012, 05:23 PM
shadeyfizzle
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 shadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,529,340.03
good sportsmanship - jreckoning 
Default How much faith would you have in trainers that weren't fighters???

You're a fighter with some promise. Would you train under the enzo calzaghes or nonito donaire sr.s of the world??? Even if you did how much faith would you have in them??
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,269,592,386,363.60
Total Points: 34,269,692,717,214.27
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

I'd have a lot of faith. Did Ray Arcel box? What about Dundee? Eddie Futch never boxed in his life due to a heart condition. Honestly, a trainer that has boxed does have some upside because he knows the feeling to be in the ring but lets be honest, most boxers aren't students of the game. They know how to fight, which is great but they don't know the ins and outs imo. So while they spend part of their life actually lacing it up it's guys that actually study the sport their whole life who actually know more than the actual boxer themselves.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Phil Ivey
No Home Jerome

Rep Power: 10 Phil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 478,648,832,923.60
Total Points: 488,648,889,736.40

Why not? The best trainers in history weren't fighters at all.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:25 PM
dchampishere
El Boxeador Cubano

Rep Power: 6 dchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond reputedchampishere has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 240,050,526.58
No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere No Message - dchampishere 
No Message - dchampishere No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
I'd have a lot of faith. Did Ray Arcel box? What about Dundee? Eddie Futch never boxed in his life due to a heart condition. Honestly, a trainer that has boxed does have some upside because he knows the feeling to be in the ring but lets be honest, most boxers aren't students of the game. They know how to fight, which is great but they don't know the ins and outs imo. So while they spend part of their life actually lacing it up it's guys that actually study the sport their whole life who actually know more than the actual boxer themselves.
i have to disagree it is the fighter that makes the trainer not the other way around. ability is god given and no trainer can give a fighter something that was not given to that fighter at birth, the best teacher in the world can not teach a blind man to see, and to me being a trainer is being able to relay information in a effective maner, the art of knowing what you are looking at and the authority to make the fighter belive in what you see. now mind you there have been great trainers who have never boxed but for my money i will take the trainer who has boxed before because they would have more of a feel for all aspects of the game from the inside out so to speak.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 68 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,066,184,046,543,498.50
Total Points: 2,095,404,162,677,996.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

It's already been said.

The best trainers in the history of the sport never boxed a day. The greatest trainer of all time, Ray Arcel, never boxed in his entire life.

You don't have to be a boxer to know Boxing, or be a student of the game.

That much is an absolute fact.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Forza
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Forza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,610,090.67
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Viva Il Duce - Rocky... Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

TBH I find most boxing trainers to be overrated. It all depends on what kind of talent ends up coming their way.

I got more respect for a guy like robert garcia who works with mostly kids from the local area and builds them into world champions (ortiz, rios, his cousin danny) than freddy roach who gets hand picked Olympians from all over the world and they still lose
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 PM
shadeyfizzle
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 shadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 55,529,340.03
good sportsmanship - jreckoning 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
TBH I find most boxing trainers to be overrated. It all depends on what kind of talent ends up coming their way.

I got more respect for a guy like robert garcia who works with mostly kids from the local area and builds them into world champions (ortiz, rios, his cousin danny) than freddy roach who gets hand picked Olympians from all over the world and they still lose
Ill agree with you but ortiz and rios arent local kids and they were olympians(well rios tried anyway) and the entire garcia family has been a fighting family