Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 AM
fceeviper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 fceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,046,123.14
Default Bam Bam Interested in JMM Clash

Brandon Rios favors Peterson over Khan again, would love to meet Marquez in July
By Chris Robinson
Las Vegas Boxing Examiner

Earlier today, news broke that IBF/WBA junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson had opted for a rematch with former champion Amir Khan, who he defeated this past December in an excellent bout and one of the year's more telling upsets.

Peterson-Khan II will be going down at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 19th and it was surprising for some to see the Washington, D.C. native opt for the rematch, as he also had been eyeing a lucrative two-fight deal from Top Rank that included a July 14th clash with Mexico City stalwart Juan Manuel Marquez.

The buzz on the second Peterson-Khan fight is very high and upon hearing the news I caught up with one man who will certainly have his eye on the fight, former WBA lightweight champion Brandon ***8216;Bam Bam***8217; Rios.

***8220;I think Peterson***8217;s going to beat him again,***8221; Rios stated. ***8220;Because I think it***8217;s going to be a little bit different this time, because the first he did what he did and it worked out very well. I think he***8217;s going to pursue that again and maybe be more effective.***8221;

Of course there was another reason for getting Rios on the phone outside of his opinion of the second Khan-Peterson melee.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, knowing fully well that Marquez is now without a dance partner for his proposed July 14th return to Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas, has made it clear that he still plans on placing Marquez on that date against somebody else.

Rios is presently rumored to be facing off with Cuban marvel Yuriorkis Gamboa on April 14th at the Mandalay Bay yet he couldn***8217;t hide his enthusiasm towards facing Marquez afterwards.

***8220;I would love a fight like that,***8221; Rios said bluntly. ***8220;I would love to fight that guy. If they do Gamboa, whatever happens, I would love that fight. I***8217;ll leave that up to my manager; I let him take care of all the business like that and everything. If that***8217;s the best move we***8217;ll do it but I would love to fight somebody like Juan Manuel Marquez.***8221;

Marquez pumped new life into his career this past November with a spirited performance against Manny Pacquiao in a trilogy bout that again left the crowd in disagreement as to who the winner was yet again. And while Marquez would end up losing a split-decision, he was very effective with his counter-punching throughout the bout and is still a threat at 38 years old.

Rios too recognizes the danger is such a matchup.

***8220;He***8217;s very smart, very talented, and when he throws his punches he throws to make sure he lands; he***8217;s very accurate,***8221; Rios continued. ***8220;A fight like that, you just got to watch out, always stay on your toes, and be ready for whatever he brings because Marquez is going to come and he***8217;s going to come to win.***8221;

But first things first, as Rios doesn***8217;t want to look ahead of himself. The unbeaten Gamboa is an enigma all his own and Rios knows he can***8217;t cut any corners with that assignment.

Rios lost his WBA title on the scales this past December when he came in .6 pounds overweight for his bout with John Murray and is looking to make sure the same thing doesn***8217;t happen again.

***8220;Right now training is great,***8221; Rios said, speaking on his camp in Oxnard, California. ***8220;It couldn***8217;t be any better. The strength and conditioning, the nutritionist, all that stuff is working out very well. Weight is coming off perfect right now. I feel strong and it feels great.***8221;

Last edited by fceeviper; 02-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,283,118.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

OH hell yes!! I would love to see this fight . I love both fighters, I have a lot of respect for both, they are both true warriors. I think Marquez beats his ass bad though. I mean Rios is a bit one dimensional, go forward raw, shell guard and punch punch punch. Marquez has a wider weaponry. Should be a great war though.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 AM
DLT
DMV

Rep Power: 48 DLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 365,564,812,120.64
Total Points: 575,565,054,756.50
Most underated poster - El Dominicano Good poster... - Spacey1991 good poster - DuttyAlacrity Good poster - -Ash- heres to you homie - markbnlv 
one of my favs posters - Dambala Here's a beer for the hell of it, bro. - Libido Sanchez you're a cool dude - Mucus you're a good dude, thanks for the NBA stream site!! - Disposable Arts have some cake - MARKBNLV 
Medal for telling those dudes off for insulting the boy trying to meet his pop - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

make it happen. perfect fight for Dallas Stadium at 140 or a lil more
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 AM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 259,638.90
For Keepin It Real - SERVILEV 

thinking of Marquez vs. Rios
Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 112 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,902,533,288,768.45
Total Points: 32,912,595,179,009.96
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - jas 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

Hell yea, why not?
Then again, it's all up to uncle bob
Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
onechance87
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 296,550,631,432.63
Total Points: 408,759,704,534.59
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Marquez vs rios...Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,376,843,011,324.99
Total Points: 15,376,847,313,556.40
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather – Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

I think Marquez would take him apart, Rios' feet are slower than Diaz' and Katsidis' IMO and he comes in straight lines. Would be a good fight though.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:21 AM
MANIAC310
Went broke betting on Pac

Rep Power: 0 MANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond reputeMANIAC310 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,144,873,155,863,858.00
Total Points: 11,153,038,156,019,034.00
for your 15,000 post - jose830 Thank you for the random donation, you are like Robin Hood - Jadon Happppppppppppy Happpppppppppppy :kiss: - Bossy The point giver extraordinaire - chav can't green you atm, but amazing post bro. - chiguy91 
gracias homie - Cleto_Reyes ........... - BostonGuy Team Maniac - Bossy For Being an Epic Poster!! - mathed thx m8 - I'm so sorry 
WARQUEZ ! - BulgariasFinest ATG poster. Thanks alot, bro. - BulgariasFinest That sig is dope. You're getting better. - Terrel Merry Christmas ! - BulgariasFinest Can't hate on that gesture. Thank you. - CubanGuyNYC 
lol thx - thuggery ATG. A toast to Bradley going to sleep. - WARQUEZ thanks for the donation ese - hectari thanks for 1 trillion points donation - QuebecSTAR2 thanks for the 3 trillions points donation boss - QuebecSTAR2 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 

Don't want to see this fight.... Rios doesn't even have a belt @ 140.

as meaningless as they are. Marquez should only fight Champs.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 80 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,383,790,025,262.59
Total Points: 117,403,607,692,170.56
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

Hell yeah.

I would give Rios a hell of a shot.

He so much stronger and better then Katsidis and Diaz.

I know JMM's got Manny's number.

But he might not have Rios's.

Great fight.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 AM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 259,638.90
For Keepin It Real - SERVILEV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
I think Marquez would take him apart, Rios' feet are slower than Diaz' and Katsidis' IMO and he comes in straight lines. Would be a good fight though.
Marquez is much older now than in those fights and those wars take a lot out of you.... Marquez is going to be 39 in August