[B]Diaz didn't even try for a TD til the 5th ???[/B] - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Bacatit
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Bacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 116,794.75
Default [B]Diaz didn't even try for a TD til the 5th ???[/B]

First of all I am a fan of Diaz but let's be real here. Diaz is BJJ first and he was obviously a bit confused by Condit on the feet. Condit used that leg kick like a jab and circled out like a smart fighter should when banging is inadvisable.

I wanted GSP vs Diaz but if Diaz couldn't inflict his will on Condit (who is tough) I don't see what his plan was for GSP...If you want to beat a guy with a good game plan you have a better game plan if your not going to put it all on the line to get the finish early.

Diaz tried to take it to the ground maybe 3 times before the 5th and he didn't try very hard as if he was preserving energy for the 4th & 5th. Bottom line is Diaz did not leave it all in the octagon and will live to regret it.

Diaz lost the decision fair & square and I believe Diaz doesn't really want the spotlight or the respect he complains about not getting. When it's time to really earn respect Diaz caves or doesn't show up. Diaz is king of the underdogs and seems to be content with that.

Diaz and Penn are 2 of a kind and both are starting to look like Brats to me. Both have potential to be the best in the world but both have contender mentalities.

Prop Me
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Bacatit
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these partsBacatit is infamous around these parts

Let's not forget about the body shots Condit landed that had Diaz visibly worried. I can't believe Condit didn't pick up on that and throw more. Condit should have spent the rest of the night fakin to the head/body with punches/kicks and secured his dominance instead of playing it Greg Jackson safe because he completely abandoned his killer instinct for the W.

I can't really knock it though for both fighters this was like the money fight to get to the Money Fight !

I still say Diaz is the one who dropped the ball though, it was his hype and his history that was on the line not Condits. Condits and his team did what they felt they had to do to get where they needed to be and Nick quit because of his mistakes.

Last edited by Bacatit; 02-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:00 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 114 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,115,582,221,560,571.00
Total Points: 4,115,585,922,763,006.50
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Diaz expected to be fighting Carlos Condit, Condit didn't show up so he got out pointed by Greg Jackson's puppet. He was as confused as me or anyone else who's ever seen Carlos fight before was.....

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Bacatit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps View Post
Diaz expected to be fighting Carlos Condit, Condit didn't show up so he got out pointed by Greg Jackson's puppet. He was as confused as me or anyone else who's ever seen Carlos fight before was.....

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Diaz wanted to box and Carlos decided to kick box. Diaz was supposed to be confused just as boxers give opponents different looks.

The sad part is Condit attack was a bit predictable after round 2 and it was obvious Nick need to do something about those kicks like cut off the octagon but he did not... why ?... because Condit landed as he circle out.

MMA is still a sport and if you don't finish those points matter. How do we score fight based on effective aggression and octagon control when a fighter loses that control in most exchanges and the aggression is not very effective ?

Rampage v Forrest
Rampage v Machida
Machida v Shogun
Faber v Cruz

This was not a Evans v Davis type of occasion where one fighter is schooling the other . Evans didn't talk **** but could have in that fight even though he didn't get the finish, Diaz was talking **** and losing the points game with no finish insight.

Last edited by Bacatit; 02-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Frogs!
Palaka!

Rep Power: 17 Frogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,314,734,717.77
Total Points: 119,318,437,568.71
No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led 
Here fishy fishy.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Fish and ships.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - lanigav 
No Message - lanigav Happy holidays my alt! - led World's best Froggy! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* eat it, frog - BostonGuy lounge frog - BostonGuy 
Your a good sport. Thanks for the bet !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER Best Froggy ever! :flirt: - Bossy drink up you damn frog - Mike Tyson77 lets keep drink bro! - Mike Tyson77 No Message - kadyo 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:

well it was a great gameplan by condit's team then.

they confused not only diaz but the fans as well.

a win is still a win no matter how you got there unless it was an obvious robbery.

just imagine if the pats who has a pass happy offense all of a sudden ran the ball almost every down therefore confusing the giants who wasn't ready for it and eeked out an ugly win?

do we blame brady and belichick or coughlin and the giants for not being able to adjust?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 114 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Nobody is blaming Carlos for winning. He did what he had to do, just kinda sad that he sold out to do it. Winning in more important than putting on great fights. That's why I miss Pride....
Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

I had Diaz winning rounds 1,2, and 5, but they where close so I don't really care that Condit got the decision. I guess I was just hoping Killer Condit would show up.....
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Frogs!
Palaka!

Rep Power: 17 Frogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond reputeFrogs! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,314,734,717.77
Total Points: 119,318,437,568.71
No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led No Message - led 
Here fishy fishy.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Fish and ships.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - lanigav 
No Message - lanigav Happy holidays my alt! - led World's best Froggy! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* eat it, frog - BostonGuy lounge frog - BostonGuy 
Your a good sport. Thanks for the bet !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER Best Froggy ever! :flirt: - Bossy drink up you damn frog - Mike Tyson77 lets keep drink bro! - Mike Tyson77 No Message - kadyo 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Nobody is blaming Carlos for winning. He did what he had to do, just kinda sad that he sold out to do it. Winning in more important than putting on great fights. That's why I miss Pride....
after the 2nd when it was clear what condit was doing, his corner should have advised him to go for the takedown every chance he gets.

seems like it was more important for them to win the machismo way.

sucks cause i wanted to see diaz vs gsp.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Bacatit
Banned

Quote:
If Diaz wasn't winning nobody would want to see him fight GSP or COndit am I right. In the end as boring as some people think a guy like Rashad is or Machida was all that matter is that W whether it come late or early on.

Anderson is the best ever, Jon Jones maybe the most exciting ever but if they lost even one of the last 3 fights they'd be Vitor status.

Think Vitor...

Now think Anderson...

Both exciting to watch it's just that one of them seems to be unstoppable.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Bacatit
Banned

Quote:
I had Diaz winning rounds 1,2, and 5, but they where close so I don't really care that Condit got the decision. I guess I was just hoping Killer Condit would show up.....
Why risk it when GSP is the goal ?

We want GSP dethroned not Carlos or Nick.

Let's be honest if Nick fought GSP like that he would have been put on his back and bloodied up in a boring 5 round fight. As it stands right now an injured GSP is better than both and would have dominated either last night.

If they fight now I promise GSP will attack Diaz body like no ever has because it was a visible problem that was overlooked. GSP's whole training camp will revolve around finding away to destroy Nicks's body.with mediocre boxing and pretty good kick boxing techniques.

Last edited by Bacatit; 02-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Share This With Friends

Tags
???[/b], didn't, [b]diaz

User Tag List