Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Did JCC Jr. raise his stock last night?
Yes. I was impressed. 20 35.71%
No. He's still a bum. 9 16.07%
Meh. Maybe, but he needs to fight stiffer comp. 26 46.43%
IDK. Someone reads and posts for me as I only understand grunting sounds and pictures, so ask them. 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Lorily
currently out of stock

Rep Power: 22 Lorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond reputeLorily has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 84,125,110,087,540.50
Total Points: 84,125,673,752,641.42
Drink it (mixed with love potion) - led To my wifey on Valentine's day: You're gawjus! Love you muchly ... just wait till you get your real pressie ;) rarrrrrrrr xx - *Boss Lady* love ya Lori,could give ya green for ya post so I thought to give ya a love heart... - Rome-By-Ko Hearts on fire, strong desire! - VERSATILE2K12 To keep those haters from dropping on you. - VERSATILE2K12 
Keeping it good and sweet :-) - VERSATILE2K12 What could have been - EngorgedW/Blood For your integrity in posting! - jazluvr Happy early birfday, sweetheart. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy - Bossy 
Birthday - Bossy Lovely - Bossy Wifey - Bossy Kisses :kiss: - Bossy Happy bday M. - led* 
Happy b-day L!! - the mesiah Happy Birthday have some cake - MARKBNLV Happy holidays Moonlight! - led* Happy new year to you! - jazluvr Hey there luv hope all is well... - Rome-By-Ko 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mathed Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr 

I think your question has a yes and no answer. I think his stock probably went up with the casual fans (and he has A LOT) and maybe down some with the hardcore fans. For the casual fans (the ones that don't really know the ins/outs of the fighters) he is exciting and seems to give everything in the ring. For the hardcore fans (ones that know what his opponents are like/syles of fights) he is taking on the same type of fighters in Bob Arum style. What I mean by that is - the opponent who can give him the most reward (make him look good) with the least risk (Champions like Rubio [no offense]). For me, he fights more like a fighter being carefully brought up who has only had 15-20 fights. But he's got this hugely padded record of what 45 PRO fights at such a young age, like Canelo. And if it was legitimate competition then by 44+ fights they shouldn't have to be moving him along so carefully. Yes, I know he doesn't have an amatuer record - but this is the PRO business. I don't know, I think I'm on the fence. I think for sure at this point, if they want Jr. to be taken seriously as a top contender - he definately has to step up and only fight top comp from this point on. After last nights fight and Jr.'s comments to Merchant, I personally feel like all the guys Chavez called would beat him pretty convincingly. I think of the 3, Margarito MIGHT be the only one he could beat and I'm not even sure Jr. could beat Margarito. I still think it would be a great fight, don't get me wrong, but my thoughts after the fight were "Any top fighter with movement, beats this guy." Chavez needs guys who will fight HIS style, which is EXACTLY what Rubio did last night. Against Cotto and especially Martinez, IMO Chavez will look lost. And with all this nonsense of the DUI only 22 days before fight, it makes me think Jr. either is not seriously training or just doesn't think he can lose (w/help from the WBC)... and both of those are dangerous for Jr.

Oh, and for anybody who actually believes the fact that Jose Saulimon really *cough* FORGOT to test the fighters after the fight and OOPS! accidentally did open scoring in the U.S. >>>>>>> I have some serious bridges to sell you.... just P.M. me I wish I could find the picture of Jose accidentally NOT forgetting to climb in to JCC jr.'s corner immediately after the fight to hug and kiss Julio.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-05-2012, 02:09 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 108 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 669,980,777,561.60
Total Points: 2,946,981,069,190.86
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
i actually love the idea of that fight. it could be fun.

i think chavez would learn a lot in that fight. he's never been in there with a puncher like that.

i think chavez consistency and those tiny extra dimensions he has when he moves around the ring would give him the edge

abraham is the biggest one trick pony in the sport
but man can he punch. it doesnt even look like he should be able to hurt guys punching like that, but down they go.

dont ask me why (especially now that i know he's not as serious as he can be about his training with the DUI charge,)
but i like junior. the kid is growing on me.
it would be half fight half side show (considering the difference in size,) but i still want to see him fight canelo

It would definitely be very fun, Chavez Jr. is proving to be a very fun fighter to watch. I just expect him to make a much smaller Abraham look bad in the process.

Now that he's stepping up his competition and gaining credibility, I'm not going to hate on Chavez unless he gives me a reason to. Much like Alvarez, as long as they continue to improve their competition.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
GoogleMe
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,057,525,587.24
Total Points: 9,057,533,578.01

Rubio looked old and slow, no real sting to his punches from a guy with 47 ko's.... (88 % ko ratio).
Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Luffy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Luffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond reputeLuffy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,610,475,756,915.77
Total Points: 100,610,475,780,683.31
Thanks for the points, you're a quality poster and I respect you. - Nińo De Oro here's a gift.. - chiguy91 Happy New Year. - Round 1 I can't green you again yet, and you have more points than I do ... don't be greedy! :) - *Boss Lady* No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Best 24/7 ever - Jeff Da Maori have an apple - bigsmoothh 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PACnPBFsuck Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

i say yes he is now at the level in between martinez,pirog and the rest of the middleweights. people say that he needs to fight better competition but who is there for him to fight the only fight that needs to happen is vs martinez and i dont see many guys lining up for that one. other than that fight the rest of the field is just a bunch of european guys that dont want to fight in america.