Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
DrewWoodside
Lifestyle..Regular!

Rep Power: 31 DrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,309,905,249.56
Total Points: 1,320,243,822.87
your gift shelf looks empty...lets add some liquor - Makavelli pinoys arent allowed to just drink and give one beer...here's one more - Makavelli 3 beers are better than 2 - Makavelli and 4 is better than 3 - Makavelli more beer - Makavelli 
Something to snack on while you watch it all go down. - danny711 
Default Mayweather Will fight Martinez at 150 lbs, Will fight Cotto at 154."

Disclaimer: The title is not a quote of Mayweather. It is too separate documented things he said he was willing to do. It's paraphrased and the quotes should be removed. At the end of the day, those are the things he said he'd be willing to do. But that's besides the point as that is not the thread's main point. It's simply about the reality that CW's have existed for a long time and have a place in boxing.

Note: This thread was inspired by a fan in Fat Dan's Chat. Also, all Pacquiao and Mayweather huggers please exit this thread now. I know you won't listen, but it was worth a shot. Here we go:

The fact that Mayweather is willing to fight Cotto at 154 but would make Martinez drop to 150 speaks volumes.

Obviously the issue of weight has nothing to do with caring whether or not his opponent is comfortable, but more about he doesn't feel he needs to adjust his weight to win. And if he can overcome a small sticking point and insult Pac at the same time? All the better. If Mayweather/JMM didn't tell you that Mayweather doesn't care about CW's, then I guess you aren't going to get it.

With that said though, it's not just Mayweather. Pac has used catchweights. Cotto attempted to make Margario fight below 154 for their rematch(so for everyone, Cotto included, b*tching about CWs? What a joke.) And throughout boxing history, many, many fighters have used catchweights.

It's all a matter of one fighter having more clout than his opponent, a genuine need for a catchweight between two fighters from different weight classes, or a CW being treated as a bargaining chip in a negotiation. At the end of the day, they exist, they aren't great. BUT they are a part of boxing and there are many guilty parties.

Last edited by DrewWoodside; 02-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
puga
rigo-go power rangers

Rep Power: 36 puga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,658,022.74
Total Points: 1,011,040,726,974.12
you should enjoy this - MANIAC310 Puga loves penis - MANIAC310 Lady boy - MANIAC310 for ur hurt vagina - Roja's480 not trolling for once - MANIAC310 
sorry for hurting you its been months get over it - VERMIN for your hurt gash - VERMIN So you can pretend that Pacquiao is inside you - ShoulderRoll ***Punchville aka Baracuda*** We miss you! Grats to evading 2 perma bans and still not getting banned! ***PUNCHVILLE*** much love - Primera MY BOY PUNCHVILLE EVADING BANS LIKE A BAWSS ***my boy PUNCHVILLE don't listen to NO mods tellin him wat 2 do ukno im sayun?*** - Primera 
PUNCHVILLE MY HOMIE EVADING BANS LIKE A TRUE G, PERMA BANNED BUT HE DONT GIVE A DAMN #TEAMPACMAN ***PUNCHVILLE #1 p4p poster*** - Primera hey punchville, how do u avoid bans? you've already been perma banned twice and still post? how u do it? - Primera add this to your collection Mr. butthurt - Timothy Horton So you can physically feel pac inside you - Mannie Phresh Stop slandering Juan Manuel Marquez - ShoulderRoll 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Another for your collection :) - dan_cov [quote=puga;12843978]no , but you wanna kiss mine?..it tastes like burrito, you'd like it..[/quote] - Tha_Greatest fagget - Mannie Phresh Good post about drug cheats. - thuggery 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 

..thats chiceknsh1t way of the biggest chickensh1t of the sport...lol
Old 02-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 87 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,427,673,399,144.74
Total Points: 5,437,734,885,167.12
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh heres another one.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko 
For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam 
No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 
Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Much respect if he makes it happen
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
DempseyRollin
DempseyTRollin

Rep Power: 35 DempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,463,360,851.44
Total Points: 133,569,678,267.32
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
Note: This thread was inspired by a fan in Fat Dan's Chat. Also, all Pacquiao and Mayweather huggers please exit this thread now. I know you won't listen, but it was worth a shot. Here we go:

The fact that Mayweather is willing to fight Cotto at 154 but would make Martinez drop to 150 speaks volumes.

Obviously the issue of weight has nothing to do with caring whether or not his opponent is comfortable, but more about he doesn't feel he needs to adjust his weight to win. And if he can overcome a small sticking point and insult Pac at the same time? All the better. If Mayweather/JMM didn't tell you that Mayweather doesn't care about CW's, then I guess you aren't going to get it.

With that said though, it's not just Mayweather. Pac has used catchweights. Cotto attempted to make Margario fight below 154 for their rematch(so for everyone, Cotto included, b*tching about CWs? What a joke.) And throughout boxing history, many, many fighters have used catchweights.

It's all a matter of one fighter having more clout than his opponent, a genuine need for a catchweight between two fighters from different weight classes, or a CW being treated as a bargaining chip in a negotiation. At the end of the day, they exist, they aren't great. BUT they are a part of boxing and there are many guilty parties.
in other words he never said that and ur making it up. smh...where are the mods.
Teri
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Teri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these partsTeri is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,035,168.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga View Post
..thats chiceknsh1t way of the biggest chickensh1t of the sport...lol
puga manny has fought at plenty cw's please stop with the trolling dude
immortal tech
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 2,122,416,000.00
Total Points: 2,122,426,483.93
No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
I.T.! - MANIAC310 No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Phenom 

"I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

give source of this quote or delete this BS
Old 02-03-2012, 04:58 PM
DrewWoodside
Lifestyle..Regular!

Rep Power: 31 DrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,309,905,249.56
Total Points: 1,320,243,822.87
your gift shelf looks empty...lets add some liquor - Makavelli pinoys arent allowed to just drink and give one beer...here's one more - Makavelli 3 beers are better than 2 - Makavelli and 4 is better than 3 - Makavelli more beer - Makavelli 
Something to snack on while you watch it all go down. - danny711 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyRollin View Post
in other words he never said that and ur making it up. smh...where are the mods.
It's pretty well documented Mayweather said he'd be willing to fight Martinez at 150. But since you have an agenda and a convenient memory. Here you go:

Rob (Denton, Tx)

Floyd is fighting at 154 but didnt he say he would fight Martinez at 150 or am I making that up ?

Dan Rafael
(12:16 PM)

He said that.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,225,063.94
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Dont you guys get sick of lying ,,,,, the 150 offer was made from Sergio to Pac and we all know Pac changed his mind and wanted 147 ,,, a reporter put it to Floyd about fighting Sergio and Floyd said he offered 150 and sure he can fight him at 150 ,,,,,

Its general conversation you bunch of dickheads , Floyd didnt ask for 150 it was put to him he will probably fight Sergio at 160 for a MW title before he retires ,,,, fuk this site is full of idiots .
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 628,227,850,512.81
Total Points: 12,671,232,962,088.58
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:

Many great fighters have also not used catchweights at all. Including, Alexis Arguello, Roberto Duran, Ray Robinson, Harry Greb, Sam Langford and Roy Jones jr. There is no positive spin or legit excuses for Pacquiao winning belts at a catchweight for his convenience.

If you can fight Margarito at 150 there is no excuse for not fighting Cotto at 150.

As of right now, neither Cotto or Mayweather has won a title using catchweights.

Last edited by joseph5620; 02-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 PM
immortal tech
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 2,122,416,000.00
Total Points: 2,122,426,483.93
I.T.! - MANIAC310 No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Phenom 

Quote:
It's pretty well documented Mayweather said he'd be willing to fight Martinez at 150. But since you have an agenda and a convenient memory. Here you go:

Rob (Denton, Tx)

Floyd is fighting at 154 but didnt he say he would fight Martinez at 150 or am I making that up ?

Dan Rafael
(12:16 PM)

He said that.
he didn't say he would fight Martinez at 150 he was specifically asked about Martinez saying he will go down to 150 to fight May or Pac