Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What will be greater for Cotto's legacy
Taking Money's 0 away 28 71.79%
Avenging his loss to Pacquaio 6 15.38%
A compelling and competitive fight with either will raise his stock 4 10.26%
I saw baby jesus appear in my dreams. Werd! 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM
WESS
Most Definitely

Location: From the beaches of F.L.A. to the mountains of W.A.
Rep Power: 40 WESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,366,689,280,769.94
Total Points: 2,603,751,240,602.83
Have a beer bro - deanrw For getting me a Roy Jones Jr. autograph!!! - TRUTH I love you baby! - JESS & WESS this is what all pactards want to do to you but they cant - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
God I hate u filipinos so much!!! fuk manny pacquiao stupid filipino, my hero floyd will whoop him - WESS - Panginoon until I can give you green k. - Round 1 Gay floydiot crybaby - junior gong for the slit between ur legs - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios 
Here so you have something to soak up the tears after Floyd retires and you have nobody left to nuthug...gigantic bitch you are. - turnedup Tri-Cities WA Wine Consultant - WESS here you go homie for your vagina - KRITKL 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WESS World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedickyaluss View Post
Nobody can say that before seeing the fight.

Sometimes people say things like oh you changed your stance after the fi happens... Well sometimes that happens because things happen in real time that make you realize things are in reality are different.

If Floyd LOOKS old, noticebly slower, looks tired and just off, you would start thinking 35years old is 35 years old... But if hes not.. If he still looks sharp and quick but Cotto is bringing a new level of pressure with timing and power and hes simply doing more than Floyd.. Then no I wouldnt really attribute it to age.

Although weight could be a factor.. The only time hes fought at 154, the fight was relatively close... But Oscar has much more size then Cotto.
The Hoya that Mayweather fought at JMW smashes, Pac, Cotto, Margarito without the plaster, and Mosley without the cream. I don't think Mayweather will weigh more than 150 for the fight and IMO will look as big if not bigger than Cotto.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 PM
clmags12
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 clmags12 has a spectacular aura aboutclmags12 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,924.49

Taking Floyd Jr's 0 would be huge to any boxer's legacy.

Losing to both is nothing to be ashamed about either.

IMHO- Cotto's win against Margarito is even more greater than a revenge win against Manny. Only a win against Floyd would top his Marg win.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
TintaBoricua
I still love Mexico...

Rep Power: 13 TintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,753,552,574.46
Total Points: 7,810,768,830.05
:boxing: - mellow_mood For consistently solid posting! - The Surgeon For a super poster! - jazluvr No Message - Tha_Greatest Heres to another great night of Boxing - x3_bazooka_x3 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedickyaluss View Post
Nobody can say that before seeing the fight.

Sometimes people say things like oh you changed your stance after the fi happens... Well sometimes that happens because things happen in real time that make you realize things are in reality are different.

If Floyd LOOKS old, noticebly slower, looks tired and just off, you would start thinking 35years old is 35 years old... But if hes not.. If he still looks sharp and quick but Cotto is bringing a new level of pressure with timing and power and hes simply doing more than Floyd.. Then no I wouldnt really attribute it to age.

Although weight could be a factor.. The only time hes fought at 154, the fight was relatively close... But Oscar has much more size then Cotto.
That's a good post and I sometimes wonder about that myself. Mayweather looked good in his fight with Ortiz BUT he didn't get enough rounds in. In other words, he's fought 4 rounds in the last 21 months. That is horrible. I keep saying that Mayweather's performance over Mosley was the best performance he had since Gatti. It had everything you wanted: you got Floyd taking on someone who people said he was ducking (a guy coming off of a HUGE upset in KOing previously "never before stopped" Margarito), you had a guy who could punch, you had an opponent who was known, you had Floyd getting hurt, you had Floyd coming back to persevere, you had Floyd putting on a clinic, and finally...people once again having their jaws dropped at what Floyd can do. Unfortunately, the Ortiz fight probably irked a lot of people who had previously begun to like him.

Maybe he'll win them back by beating Cotto, but that's the thing with Floyd now...you never know when he might get up there and realize that father time snuck up on him. Yes, I know. He doesn't drink or smoke and he takes care of himself, but...you just NEVER know. It's stupid (and it sounds almost borderline Skip Bayless-ish) but Mayweather losing this fight would REALLY hurt sales for a Pacquiao fight.

May the best man win. My heart's with Cotto but Floyd's too good to not bet on.

I got Floyd UD 117-113.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
El Angel
Team Cotto

Rep Power: 62 El Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 280,995,315,709,288.62
Total Points: 280,995,315,714,339.31
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel :kiss: - Bossy No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel Bossy love :love: - Bossy :) - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel 

To be the first to beat Money Mayweather. Would be the greatest accomplishment of his career, surpassing the Margarito 2 revenge.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:04 AM
puga
rigo-go power rangers

Rep Power: 36 puga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,658,022.74
Total Points: 1,011,040,726,863.35
you should enjoy this - MANIAC310 Puga loves penis - MANIAC310 Lady boy - MANIAC310 for ur hurt vagina - Roja's480 not trolling for once - MANIAC310 
sorry for hurting you its been months get over it - VERMIN for your hurt gash - VERMIN So you can pretend that Pacquiao is inside you - ShoulderRoll ***Punchville aka Baracuda*** We miss you! Grats to evading 2 perma bans and still not getting banned! ***PUNCHVILLE*** much love - Primera MY BOY PUNCHVILLE EVADING BANS LIKE A BAWSS ***my boy PUNCHVILLE don't listen to NO mods tellin him wat 2 do ukno im sayun?*** - Primera 
PUNCHVILLE MY HOMIE EVADING BANS LIKE A TRUE G, PERMA BANNED BUT HE DONT GIVE A DAMN #TEAMPACMAN ***PUNCHVILLE #1 p4p poster*** - Primera hey punchville, how do u avoid bans? you've already been perma banned twice and still post? how u do it? - Primera add this to your collection Mr. butthurt - Timothy Horton So you can physically feel pac inside you - Mannie Phresh Stop slandering Juan Manuel Marquez - ShoulderRoll 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Another for your collection :) - dan_cov [quote=puga;12843978]no , but you wanna kiss mine?..it tastes like burrito, you'd like it..[/quote] - Tha_Greatest fagget - Mannie Phresh Good post about drug cheats. - thuggery 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 

well, pac is hands down higher in the ATG list than floyd is.....that we can all agree...second, pac already beat cotto...

putting those 2 together = cotto avenging his loss to pac would do more IMO...
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Visceral
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Visceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,088,067.07

I was pondering this and I think Mayweather because if he beats Pac, people will just say Pac was past it. If he beats Mayweather, he'll have done something nobody else has done before as well as beat the guy most consider ahead of Pacquiao P4P.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Casual_Fan
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Casual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCasual_Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,173,206.53
Total Points: 18,182,429.54

Beating Mayweather finally puts him on the same level as Tito.

Cotto does not have a victory in his resume like Tito's over DLH. This one could be as big.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Rep Power: 47 Rome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,376,529,408,599.53
Total Points: 246,841,119,031,952.91
some more love for you little brother! - Lorily Happy Holidays Bro! - Lorily thanks - Dale Cardon No Message - romebyko You da man Rome!! - Lorily 
Happy Christmas to a great poster - Dave Rado Happy Holidays sweetheart! - Lorily ''I score effective boxing,not effective running...'' Super quote! - dan_cov Bradley Salutes You Sir! - mathed Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
What up Bradley tribe - hougigo I'm digging your avi :beerchug: :hail: Tony Soprano - jose830 RBK &gt; Dirk Diggler = Rome By KO! - LoadedWraps Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
War Tribe - Hougigo STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed To a true stormtrooper! - DonMega To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
Simple question(s) with plenty of room for debate:

Would beating Mayweather and taking away his 0 be a bigger boost to Cotto's legacy; often regarded as one of the top 50 fighters of all time or

Avenging his brutal defeat at the hands of Manny Pacquiao, also regarded as one of the top 50 fighters of all time be a bigger boost to legacy.

Also, would losing to either in a highly competitive, maybe controversial, but ultimately fun fight also raise his stock historically

Discuss

*troll alert*Try to stay on topic please, I know its hard and I realize that its most likely a forgone conclusion that Mayweather will win, but do your best
Either would be good for him if he could win the fight,but let's be honest..He has no shot at beating either of umm..Sorry I could not help but tell it like it is..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Rep Power: 47 Rome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,376,529,408,599.53
Total Points: 246,841,119,031,952.91
some more love for you little brother! - Lorily Happy Holidays Bro! - Lorily thanks - Dale Cardon No Message - romebyko You da man Rome!! - Lorily 
Happy Christmas to a great poster - Dave Rado Happy Holidays sweetheart! - Lorily ''I score effective boxing,not effective running...'' Super quote! - dan_cov Bradley Salutes You Sir! - mathed Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
What up Bradley tribe - hougigo I'm digging your avi :beerchug: :hail: Tony Soprano - jose830 RBK &gt; Dirk Diggler = Rome By KO! - LoadedWraps Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
War Tribe - Hougigo STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed To a true stormtrooper! - DonMega To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Fan View Post
Beating Mayweather finally puts him on the same level as Tito.

Cotto does not have a victory in his resume like Tito's over DLH. This one could be as big.
Cotto beat Mosley bro,he's not on Tito's level because Tito moved threw weight classes and was dominate..But Cotto has a win like the Hoya win for Tito..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 AM
noStylez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 noStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,024.75

Anyone taking Mayweathers 0 will solidify there legacy.