Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 616,000,277,350,111.50
Total Points: 616,784,188,913,309.88
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 
Arrow History Section Questionnaire.

Just an idea I had, basically answer the following questions and we will see how we go from there.

Favourite Boxers: Marvin Hagler, Joe Frazier, Carmen Basilio, Ken Buchanan and Joe Louis.

How did you begin to like boxing: After a soccer game I was the only one in my team trying as we were getting owned 6-1. I'd always respected boxing as a sport from an early age and after this incident wanted to try a solo sport. 2 years later I'm still at it.

What made you become a hardcore fan: I think it was how personal the sport was, with all it's little stories, each fighter having their own individual character and a connection with fighters you don't get with other sports. All this made we want to find out more and more.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I'm an amateur boxer.

How big is boxing in your area: Sadly in Scotland it's not very big, hence why I joined a forum. Apart from maybe 5 casual fan friends I have there's no-one else to really talk to about it.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: My favourite style to box as is classic boxer puncher/counter puncher. Much like Marvin Hagler, Ezzard Charles, Ray Leonard etc. My favourite style to watch is skilled brawlers/inside fighters. People like Frazier, Basilio etc.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: I have Sugar Ray Robinson at top spot at the moment. With Greb and Langoford closing in and Charles and Armstrong tailing them.

What is your favourite division. I like Welterweight/Middleweight the best. Perfect blend of speed and power. Also a fan of Featherweight and Lightweight.

What's your favourite fights: Hagler vs Hearns, Ali vs Frazier 1, Gomez vs Pintor. Hagler vs Antufermo 1, Leonard Duran, Duran vs DeJesus II, Leonard vs Benitez.

Why did you choose boxingscene: I googled boxing forum. First I tried had basically no members. Went to ESB and hated the dark colour. Then tried here and got to know a few members. Stayed since.

Would you let your kids box:

If anyone can think of any other questions just put them down and I'll add them to the main post.

Last edited by Barn; 01-31-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 120 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,569,891,826,268.38
Total Points: 3,846,892,153,570.27
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Favourite Boxers: Marvin Hagler, Joe Frazier, Roy Jones Jr., Manny Pacquiao, Erik Morales

How did you begin to like boxing: My parents would both watch fights, so I'd be there alongside them as a kid.

What made you become a hardcore fan: Roy Jones Jr. did, and I can't really explain what exactly it was about him. I just enjoyed watching Jones so much, and grew as a fan from there.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I haven't, never known where there was a gym and never knew anyone else that was really interested.

How big is boxing in your area: I don't know anyone that actually watches boxing, but I live in Central Flordia and lots of fighters were born here and/or live here. Winky Wright, Antonio Tarver, and Roy Jones Jr. for example.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: Skilled inside fighting is my favorite, which sucks since very few do it nowadays. And of course as a hardcore fan I love versatility in general, the guys that can do anything.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: Not qualified to say all time, but of fighters I've seen I thought Roy Jones was invincible at his peak. He may not have the greatest resume ever, but the man was as unbelievable to watch in the ring as I've ever seen. I realize I am putting him over guys like Ali, Leonard, Whitaker, etc., but I'm biased, sue me.

What is your favourite division. All time: Heavyweight. It's the glory division, what can I say? Right now: Junior welterweight and welterweight, most the guys there could fight at either, some damn good potential there.

What's your favourite fights: Hagler vs Hearns, Ali vs Frazier 1, Ali-Frazier 3, Corrales-Castillo, Pacquiao-Marquez 2, Duran-Leonard 1.

Why did you choose boxingscene: I went on Google, searched for something I don't remember what, I think fantasy fights, and found it. Joined a few weeks later.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:02 PM
NChristo
The Keed

Rep Power: 17 NChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,022,722,369,608.49
Total Points: 32,023,722,460,012.60
1st Gift, woop-woop! - Raider Monkz Keep up the good posts! - "Marvelous" for being a heavyweight in history section - led you're very underrated on these boards - -pound4pound- who only drinks one beer? have another - -pound4pound- 
Super poster - Monkz one for the road - led The History Sections Top Poster Award - Barnburner Yo man, how you doing? From that persecution of Sonny thread, I read something about you being annoyed at Jab, whats going on? hope everythings well, gift is for being one the most knowledgeable posters and a stand-up guy :fing02: - RubenSonny pastrano-johnson..meh...that was in black and white - -MAKAVELLI- 
For a great 2012!!!!! asshole - TartanSoldier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Barnburner Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Barnburner 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Barnburner Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Barnburner Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Barnburner Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Barnburner Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Barnburner 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Barnburner Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Barnburner Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Barnburner Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Barnburner Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Barnburner 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Barnburner Autism - Barnburner AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Barnburner Head and Neck Cancer - Barnburner Hepatitis C - Barnburner 

Favourite Boxers: Eder Jofre, Jose Napoles, Kid Gavilan, Miguel Lora, Carlos Monzon and Michael Spinks. Don't really have a current favourite .

How did you begin to like boxing: Dad used too teach me Karate, Shotokon I think, the minute he started teach me I just loved the thought of competing against someone even though I was only young, started watching more and more combat sports whenever they were on TV and found Boxing too be the most appealing too me, the history, the characters, the huge events, the atmosphere, everything. Started boxing myself and I was hooked.

What made you become a hardcore fan: Too me it's the ultimate sport, mano e mano, one man against another in the ring with no help from anyone, everything is on you and all the work you put in previously will show in the ring, it's history, the different personalities and stories, everything. Not a single boxer or fight made me a hardcore fan, the sport and the idea of it did.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I'm an amateur boxer and soon too be coach / assistant trainer, filled in the forms for my CRB check last week and am going on a course very shortly hopefully.

How big is boxing in your area: Tiny in Blackpool / Fleetwood, pretty much the only boxing events held around here are unofficial ones held by a certain boxer out of Blackpool, events filled with chavs who thinks it's going too be fun then get the **** slapped out of them from someone with a little experience. Get a few official events every month, nothing major though really.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: My style is something like Robinson's but not as amateurish.
Don't really have a favourite style.

What is your favourite division. Bantamweight.

What's your favourite fights: Jose Napoles - Curtis Cokes, Wilfredo Vazquez - Antonio Avelar and Roberto Duran - Ray Leonard I

Why did you choose boxingscene: Dunno
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChristo View Post
Favourite Boxers: Eder Jofre, Jose Napoles, Kid Gavilan, Miguel Lora, Carlos Monzon and Michael Spinks. Don't really have a current favourite .

How did you begin to like boxing: Dad used too teach me Karate, Shotokon I think, the minute he started teach me I just loved the thought of competing against someone even though I was only young, started watching more and more combat sports whenever they were on TV and found Boxing too be the most appealing too me, the history, the characters, the huge events, the atmosphere, everything. Started boxing myself and I was hooked.

What made you become a hardcore fan: Too me it's the ultimate sport, mano e mano, one man against another in the ring with no help from anyone, everything is on you and all the work you put in previously will show in the ring, it's history, the different personalities and stories, everything. Not a single boxer or fight made me a hardcore fan, the sport and the idea of it did.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I'm an amateur boxer and soon too be coach / assistant trainer, filled in the forms for my CRB check last week and am going on a course very shortly hopefully.

How big is boxing in your area: Tiny in Blackpool / Fleetwood, pretty much the only boxing events held around here are unofficial ones held by a certain boxer out of Blackpool, events filled with chavs who thinks it's going too be fun then get the **** slapped out of them from someone with a little experience. Get a few official events every month, nothing major though really.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: My style is something like Robinson's but not as amateurish.
Don't really have a favourite style.

What is your favourite division. Bantamweight.

What's your favourite fights: Jose Napoles - Curtis Cokes, Wilfredo Vazquez - Antonio Avelar and Roberto Duran - Ray Leonard I

Why did you choose boxingscene: Dunno
that got me good.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,882,228.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Favourite Boxers: Pazienza, Hagler, Duran, Louis

How did you begin to like boxing:
I can remember watching the third Ali-Frazier fight with my father and have liked it since. My dad would tell me stories about seeing Marciano fight at the old Rhode Island auditorium and I was hooked.

What made you become a hardcore fan: I became a hardcore fan after I started fighting myself. After that I wanted to know as much about the sport and its history as I could find out.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I fought on and off for about 8 years and have tried to stay in a gym at one capacity or another since then.

How big is boxing in your area: Where I am now...not so big. But where Im from (Providence, Rhode Island) has experienced a boxing renaissance in the last decade or so churning out Olympians and top level pro's.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: I appreciate all styles, but I prefer the seek and destroy style probably because that is how I fought. I've always admired those who were willing to eat punches to land their own. At the same time I've always envied those who could avoid them and do the same thing.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: Sam Langford. Nother fighter beat so many all time greats over such a huge weight span. The guy was a marvel.

What is your favourite division:
Any division were the action is heated and the fighters are trying to make the best fight.

What's your favourite fights: Pazienza-Dele and Toney-Jirov. There are literally hundreds I could name that I've seen on tv or film so I'll just stick with my two favorites from all the live cards I've been to.

Why did you choose boxingscene: Was referred here by Scott9945 after the forum we had posted on for years bit the dust.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 60 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,176,371,448.10
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Favourite Boxers: Pernell Whitaker, Roberto Duran, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Felix Trinidad, Harry Greb, Lennox Lewis, Sugar ray Leonard, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Vitali Klistchko, Jack Dempsey, Roy Jones, Gerald Mclellan, amd Salvador Sanchez.

How did you begin to like boxing: I think the first fight i could remember seeing was Tyson vs Douglas. my family knew this older man who would record every PPV, and i think one of my uncles borrowed the fight after the upset. the first PPV live was probably chavez vs camacho.

What made you become a hardcore fan: probably Trinidad's run from '99 till the loss to Hopkins. i can't believe that crazy muthufuker was after roy jones.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: yeah.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: Boxer/Puncher.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: I'll always have ray above greb because we've seen nothing about greb other then some light training footage, But. but the greb mystery is very intriguing and becuase of the stories I'm tempted to place him at 1.

What is your favourite division. WW for sure.

What's your favourite fights: Hagler Vs Hearns, Ali Vs Liston I, Leonard Vs Duran, tyson vs douglas, Robinson vs Lamotta VI, leonard Vs Hearns, Coralles vs castillo I, mayweather vs gatti, trinidad vs vargas, Louis Vs schmeling, lewis vs rahman II.

Why did you choose boxingscene:
i got banned from ESB
Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
Favourite Boxers: Pernell Whitaker, Roberto Duran, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Felix Trinidad, Harry Greb, Lennox Lewis, Sugar ray Leonard, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Vitali Klistchko, Jack Dempsey, Roy Jones, Gerald Mclellan, amd Salvador Sanchez.

How did you begin to like boxing: I think the first fight i could remember seeing was Tyson vs Douglas. my family knew this older man who would record every PPV, and i think one of my uncles borrowed the fight after the upset. the first PPV live was probably chavez vs camacho.

What made you become a hardcore fan: probably Trinidad's run from '99 till the loss to Hopkins. i can't believe that crazy muthufuker was after roy jones.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: yeah.

What style is your favourite/how do you box if you do: Boxer/Puncher.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: I'll always have ray above greb because we've seen nothing about greb other then some light training footage, But. but the greb mystery is very intriguing and becuase of the stories I'm tempted to place him at 1.

What is your favourite division. WW for sure.

What's your favourite fights: Hagler Vs Hearns, Ali Vs Liston I, Leonard Vs Duran, tyson vs douglas, Robinson vs Lamotta VI, leonard Vs Hearns, Coralles vs castillo I, mayweather vs gatti, trinidad vs vargas, Louis Vs schmeling, lewis vs rahman II.

Why did you choose boxingscene:
i got banned from ESB
I didn't really like Ali vs Liston I to much. Never really been a fan of Ali's style though. Also, what is it you've done boxing related?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 258,487,030,556.10
Total Points: 460,487,252,128.41
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Favourite Boxers: Juan Manuel Marquez, Marco Antonio Barrera

How did you begin to like boxing: I grew up around the sport (my dad was a huge fan and my mom was a big Ali fan), but I really got into the sport on my own the week of Marquez-Mayweather. I had watched Mayweather v De La Hoya so I thought I had his style down but I watched a few youtube clips of Marquez (most memorably the first Diaz fight) and fell in love instantly. I just started gobbling the sport up after that.

What made you become a hardcore fan: Uh...see above.

Have you boxed before?/done anything boxing related: I have bad knees, so I can't really fight myself. My friends and I will go out in the backyard and slug it out on occasion, though. I've won some, lost some, even got KOed once. It's fun.

How big is boxing in your area: Not big at all. I'm the alpha and omega of all boxing interest here. If people are watching a fight, it's at my place, probably because I pestered them to come over.

What style is your favourite: Boxer-punchers who are skilled at throwing combinations.

Who is the GOAT in your opinion: Ray Robinson. Duh.

What is your favourite division. Hmmmm...super featherweight. Then welterweight.

What's your favourite fights: Barrera-McKinney, Marquez-Barrera, Leonard-Duran I

Why did you choose boxingscene: I don't really remember. I remember the day I joined (Jan 5th, 2010), but I have no idea how I stumbled on the site. Odd. I lurked for a while, too. Didn't really start posting until March of that year.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 60 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,176,371,448.10
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
I didn't really like Ali vs Liston I to much. Never really been a fan of Ali's style though. Also, what is it you've done boxing related?

a bit of training. nothing serious.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Scott9945
Gonna be more suspicious

Rep Power: 73 Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,853,198,531,342,824.50
Total Points: 2,864,478,582,639,803.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Why did you choose boxingscene: Was referred here by Scott9945 after the forum we had posted on for years bit the dust.
I'm glad I did something right.

BTW, as of Feb 20 all message boards on AOL will (literally) cease to exist.