Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,089,325,213.50
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Rico Ramos-Guillermo Rigondeaux: Pre-Fight Report Card

by Cliff Rold - For fans in other parts of the world, title time is already underway in the 2012 boxing season. For U.S. fans, it starts this Friday. Rescheduled from what was supposed to be a December date, one of the great amateurs in the history of boxing will attempt to win his first major (non-interim) title as a pro.

It is only his ninth fight.

He’s favored to win.

This, of course, is not the amateur ranks. The pro game has proven in the past a difficult bridge for men who dominated the unpaid field. Guillermo Rigondeaux was the sort of talent who figured capable of sailing over. Winning all but a dozen of some 400 starts for the Cuban national team, Rigondeaux won Gold at the 2000 and 2004 Games along with World Amateur titles in 2001 and 2005.

His first paid step up left room for doubts about his suitability for the pro game. Matched with rugged veteran Ricardo Cordoba for the interim WBA belt at 122 lbs. in 2010, Rigondeaux built a strong early lead, punctuated with a knockdown in round four.

Then he hit the deck in the sixth and the wheels came off a bit. Perhaps more correct would be to say they came on. Staring at his first twelve round fight, Rigondeaux went into a shell, moving and rarely engaging down the stretch. He hung on for the win but left fans unsatisfied. The clamor to see him again was nil.

Was the reaction too harsh? Despite his amateur achievements, it was still only his seventh pro outing while Cordoba had gone to scratch more than forty times. Friday night, he has the chance to put Cordoba behind him and give fans a new point of entry into his career. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Perez37
Banned

Total Points: 3,321.10

Your wrong Rico will win this by UD, and it wont even be a difficult fight
Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,245,359,498,095,822.00
Total Points: 6,245,359,498,117,900.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Wow...really good article, but a rather bold prediction at the end. I hope Cliff is right. Not only would I like Rigo to win, but I want to see it done in electrifying fashion. We'll know soon enough....
Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Heru
Quintessence

Rep Power: 29 Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,273,271,755,809.87
Total Points: 1,373,271,893,261.42
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

Ramos is not the perfect foe for Rigondeaux to impress against, Casey was (a slower, forward marching, inexperienced fighter with a leaky defense). Ramos has the tools and style to cause Rigondeaux to revert to his cautious, counterpunching style thus looking unimpressive.

Their unwillingness to lead or fight on the inside will turn this fight into a staring contest with the better ring general winning comfortably. Rigondeaux is the better ring general in this fight so I expect him to win the one sided affair void of action.

Hopefully, their precision is sharp on fight night because they'll have to make the most out of the few opportunities they'll give each other and that is where some unexpected action can occur.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:48 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,245,359,498,095,822.00
Total Points: 6,245,359,498,117,900.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUELOQUE View Post
Ramos is not the perfect foe for Rigondeaux to impress against, Casey was (a slower, forward marching, inexperienced fighter with a leaky defense). Ramos has the tools and style to cause Rigondeaux to revert to his cautious, counterpunching style thus looking unimpressive.

Their unwillingness to lead or fight on the inside will turn this fight into a staring contest with the better ring general winning comfortably. Rigondeaux is the better ring general in this fight so I expect him to win the one sided affair void of action.

Hopefully, their precision is sharp on fight night because they'll have to make the most out of the few opportunities they'll give each other and that is where some unexpected action can occur.
Great post, man. But I hope you'e wrong about how boring the fight will be!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 AM
lukcyuno
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,130.34

I agree he better run the whole fight or hes going down in 6! I like both fighters but Rigondeaux too talented to lose and im sure he only getting better. I see improvements coming
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Convicted_Felon
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Convicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these partsConvicted_Felon is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 13,214.94

I hope Ramos knocks that dude out. I've never heard of a fighter going to the Olympic games 2 times. After winning gold once he should've went pro. I don't understand why he didn't or for whatever reason. I don't like Rigo and I hope Ramos cleans his clock. He needs to show this fighter that there is a big difference between where he came from and where he is now. Ramos in 11. Rigo aint ready for the tough fights and the deep waters of the pros.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM
frosty-g
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 frosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,056,979.84

not sure i can agree with both being given B+ on the defence but the article seems pretty much on the money
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 989,785,607,417.18
Total Points: 1,004,955,658,540.84
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

Rico ramos is gona take it, I thought rigo lost against that skinny dude in the undercard of pacman, rigo doesnt impress me lets see how he does with rico
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
nycsmooth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 nycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 47,365.93
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 you deserve a kick for your stupid posts - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J 

Rigo 2 win but what's hurt him is long periods of inactivity and not the best of opposition...31 now & as he gets older the natural ability he has must be aided by better sparring and learning...he has 2 serious flaws...