Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 AM
JAB5239
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Statesville, NC
Posts: 20,621
Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,727.45
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,869,675.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Default Shannon Briggs unretired!

Former heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs) has decided to end his retirement from boxing. Not only is Briggs returning to the ring as a fighter but as a promoter, as well. Briggs who is employed and a partner of the Florida-based online marketing powerhouse Acquinity Interactive, will debut as a promoter this coming Saturday at the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Telefuturaís popular weekly ďSolo Boxeo TecateĒ boxing series will air the event.

Briggs last fought in October 2010 when he dropped a decision to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. Its hard enough to fight Klitschko with two good arms but to do it with one is mission impossible. This is what Briggs was faced with as he severely tore his left bicep early in the bout. Fast forward more than a year after such a grueling fight and Briggs will look to beat the odds and become heavyweight champion of the world again and an elite promoter.

Beating the odds are nothing new for Briggs if you have followed his professional boxing career which now spans three decades. In 1997 Briggs upset George Foreman to win what boxing traditionalists considered the linear world heavyweight title at that time. Then in 2006, trailing on all three judges official scorecards, Briggs stopped then WBO heavyweight champion Siarhei Liakhovich in the final round with one second remaining.

If fighting the opponent wasnít enough to have on his plate, Briggs also had to deal with being asthmatic throughout his career, as well. *********.com caught up with the always sharp-tongued Briggs as he is preparing for his first show. As is the norm with Briggs he spoke his mind and pulled no punches.

How has your recovery been from the injuries sustained in your world title challenge against Vitali Klitschko in October 2010?

First off I would like to make it clear that I didnít suffer any broken orbital bones in my face as what was reported. That is absolutely not true. I did have some swelling in my face but that was to be expected fighting the heavyweight champion of the world with one arm. In the first round I popped the tendon in my left arm that attaches the joint and I severely tore my left bicep. It seemed like a career ending injury but I had a successful surgery and Iíve been feeling more and more confident about fighting again everyday.

Why are you coming back to boxing?

Despite all of the ill feelings I have towards the sport, I feel as though boxing has provided me with a lot of opportunities. Hopefully I can be one of the many people that change the business for the better. In some ways the sport has not evolved at all. Also from a business standpoint, my fighting and becoming heavyweight champion of the world again could bring a lot to the table in what I have planned.

Do you plan to have a few tuneup fights prior to jumping into a major fight?

Yes. Iím targeting sometime in March on a Acquinity Sports-promoted show. Iím taking my time and fighting at my own pace. Iím not looking to do anything but fight my way back into top form. From here on out I am fighting from a business standpoint. I want to end my career in a beautiful fashion and set forth my legacy in business.

What can you tell us about Acquinity Interactive?

The company is an online marketing business founded by Gary Jonas, who himself is a very successful businessman. Itís also a full service sports agency dealing in all sports such as baseball, basketball, football, etc. This is our first venture in boxing.

What are some of the immediate goals of the company in terms of boxing?

Initially we would like to have between six and eight shows per year. The main thing we want to do is establish a trend in boxing giving a fighter an opportunity to be more than just a boxer. We want fighters to have a plan for their lives after boxing. What Bernard Hopkins is doing in his 40s is truly special but that is a very, very rare case for a boxer. We want to teach fighters to be able to think for themselves and not go through a situation like what I went through after the Vitali Klitschko fight. I mean I was virtually left out to dry alone in the hospital in Germany while my ďpromoterĒ was on one of the first flights back to the U.S. the day after the fight. If that wasnít bad enough, I agreed to fight Vitali Klitschko with the understanding that I would be paid a purse of $750,000 but wound up with a mere $25,000 after I returned to the United States after a prolonged hospital stay in Hamburg, Germany. Truth be told, til this day I donít have a clue what the purse was. Iím still trying to figure out how Jose Sulaiman and the WBC allowed my signature to be forged and not have a grievance with Shelly Finkel or Greg D. Cohen. I thought the sanctioning bodies were for the fighters.

What ended up happening with the lawsuit that you filed against against Cohen, Finkel, and Barry Honig, and their boxing and entertainment promotional company, Empire Sports & Entertainment?

You mean the Nightmare on Wall Street? The company was dissolved, the parties involved went their separate ways soon after. You could say they are back to business as usual. As far as my part of it, it has been somewhat settled for a very small amount. Iím still asking myself how is it possible that I started and named the company with people, fight for the heavyweight championship of the world, and not be protected or paid by partners. I was left by them in Germany for 14 days and ended up getting paid pennies on the dollar for my stock and half of Austin Troutís promotional contract. I have never even seen Trout even fight. So to answer that question, the saga continues. I guess my affiliation with Gary Jonas and Aqcuinity Sports is my way of showing them that Iím truly the African Steven SegalÖ Hard to Kill part 77. (laughs)

Many struggle in promoting their first show. How has it been going for you so far leading up to the event?

It hasnít been a struggle at all to be honest with you. Just to give you an idea, we have sold more than 40 VIP tables in 72 hours. This is unheard of in boxing. Henry Rivalta, Aqcuinityís Boxingís promoter and VP of Boxing, has built a huge following throughout South Florida and made this event top notch. He has pulled out all the stops to make sure this will be an unforgettable fight night. This is our first time out but we are looking to make this first one a success. I have been around boxing more than half of my life. When youíre starting out in promoting you have to be smart about it. Many promoters put themselves in a deep holes before the first bell even rings. We, in turn, are already ahead in tickets sales and sponsorships alone. The other thing is who you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with broke people then what kind of product do you think you will deliver? I can assure you that this is not the case with us. Not even close. It feels so good to be working with people who donít need to live off boxers to make a living but are already seriously wealthy and successful. On another note, I wonít mention any names but we have major well known celebrities from musical artists, professional athletes, actors/actresses, and more scheduled to appear at our event this Saturday.

Many fighters dont adjust well after fighting professionally for many years. You now wake up early mornings Monday thru Friday and go to the office like many everyday people do. How have you been able to make the switch so easily?

Money. (laughing) Iím making very good money. Aside from that itís been quite easy for me because marketing is my passion. Even as a fighter it was my passion. My former promoter Don King said that was something that he always respected about me was my ability to market myself. You can say what you want about Don King but you canít deny his accomplishments in boxing as they speak for themselves. For him to give me that kind of compliment is major. I can market anything. My motto is this: You can say what you want about me but just talk about me
Reply With Quote
JAB5239 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 01-07-2012, 03:36 AM
jimmy1569
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,921
Rep Power: 0 jimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 150,287,876.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 150,287,876.77
To help wipe away the tears after the Klitschkos are KO'd by Wilder - Deal With It Vitali Klitschko is an ATG - Freedom. Vitali beats any HW from any era - MASTERFUL So you can put it on each time you kiss the Klitschkos' asses. - ShoulderRoll Merry Christmas &amp; a happy NY! - dancovboxer 
Klitschko's are the best broski, THE best! - dancovboxer school them haters - Superflo777 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Former heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs) has decided to end his retirement from boxing. Not only is Briggs returning to the ring as a fighter but as a promoter, as well. Briggs who is employed and a partner of the Florida-based online marketing powerhouse Acquinity Interactive, will debut as a promoter this coming Saturday at the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Telefuturaís popular weekly ďSolo Boxeo TecateĒ boxing series will air the event.

Briggs last fought in October 2010 when he dropped a decision to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. Its hard enough to fight Klitschko with two good arms but to do it with one is mission impossible. This is what Briggs was faced with as he severely tore his left bicep early in the bout. Fast forward more than a year after such a grueling fight and Briggs will look to beat the odds and become heavyweight champion of the world again and an elite promoter.

Beating the odds are nothing new for Briggs if you have followed his professional boxing career which now spans three decades. In 1997 Briggs upset George Foreman to win what boxing traditionalists considered the linear world heavyweight title at that time. Then in 2006, trailing on all three judges official scorecards, Briggs stopped then WBO heavyweight champion Siarhei Liakhovich in the final round with one second remaining.

If fighting the opponent wasnít enough to have on his plate, Briggs also had to deal with being asthmatic throughout his career, as well. *********.com caught up with the always sharp-tongued Briggs as he is preparing for his first show. As is the norm with Briggs he spoke his mind and pulled no punches.

How has your recovery been from the injuries sustained in your world title challenge against Vitali Klitschko in October 2010?

First off I would like to make it clear that I didnít suffer any broken orbital bones in my face as what was reported. That is absolutely not true. I did have some swelling in my face but that was to be expected fighting the heavyweight champion of the world with one arm. In the first round I popped the tendon in my left arm that attaches the joint and I severely tore my left bicep. It seemed like a career ending injury but I had a successful surgery and Iíve been feeling more and more confident about fighting again everyday.

Why are you coming back to boxing?

Despite all of the ill feelings I have towards the sport, I feel as though boxing has provided me with a lot of opportunities. Hopefully I can be one of the many people that change the business for the better. In some ways the sport has not evolved at all. Also from a business standpoint, my fighting and becoming heavyweight champion of the world again could bring a lot to the table in what I have planned.

Do you plan to have a few tuneup fights prior to jumping into a major fight?

Yes. Iím targeting sometime in March on a Acquinity Sports-promoted show. Iím taking my time and fighting at my own pace. Iím not looking to do anything but fight my way back into top form. From here on out I am fighting from a business standpoint. I want to end my career in a beautiful fashion and set forth my legacy in business.

What can you tell us about Acquinity Interactive?

The company is an online marketing business founded by Gary Jonas, who himself is a very successful businessman. Itís also a full service sports agency dealing in all sports such as baseball, basketball, football, etc. This is our first venture in boxing.

What are some of the immediate goals of the company in terms of boxing?

Initially we would like to have between six and eight shows per year. The main thing we want to do is establish a trend in boxing giving a fighter an opportunity to be more than just a boxer. We want fighters to have a plan for their lives after boxing. What Bernard Hopkins is doing in his 40s is truly special but that is a very, very rare case for a boxer. We want to teach fighters to be able to think for themselves and not go through a situation like what I went through after the Vitali Klitschko fight. I mean I was virtually left out to dry alone in the hospital in Germany while my ďpromoterĒ was on one of the first flights back to the U.S. the day after the fight. If that wasnít bad enough, I agreed to fight Vitali Klitschko with the understanding that I would be paid a purse of $750,000 but wound up with a mere $25,000 after I returned to the United States after a prolonged hospital stay in Hamburg, Germany. Truth be told, til this day I donít have a clue what the purse was. Iím still trying to figure out how Jose Sulaiman and the WBC allowed my signature to be forged and not have a grievance with Shelly Finkel or Greg D. Cohen. I thought the sanctioning bodies were for the fighters.

What ended up happening with the lawsuit that you filed against against Cohen, Finkel, and Barry Honig, and their boxing and entertainment promotional company, Empire Sports & Entertainment?

You mean the Nightmare on Wall Street? The company was dissolved, the parties involved went their separate ways soon after. You could say they are back to business as usual. As far as my part of it, it has been somewhat settled for a very small amount. Iím still asking myself how is it possible that I started and named the company with people, fight for the heavyweight championship of the world, and not be protected or paid by partners. I was left by them in Germany for 14 days and ended up getting paid pennies on the dollar for my stock and half of Austin Troutís promotional contract. I have never even seen Trout even fight. So to answer that question, the saga continues. I guess my affiliation with Gary Jonas and Aqcuinity Sports is my way of showing them that Iím truly the African Steven SegalÖ Hard to Kill part 77. (laughs)

Many struggle in promoting their first show. How has it been going for you so far leading up to the event?

It hasnít been a struggle at all to be honest with you. Just to give you an idea, we have sold more than 40 VIP tables in 72 hours. This is unheard of in boxing. Henry Rivalta, Aqcuinityís Boxingís promoter and VP of Boxing, has built a huge following throughout South Florida and made this event top notch. He has pulled out all the stops to make sure this will be an unforgettable fight night. This is our first time out but we are looking to make this first one a success. I have been around boxing more than half of my life. When youíre starting out in promoting you have to be smart about it. Many promoters put themselves in a deep holes before the first bell even rings. We, in turn, are already ahead in tickets sales and sponsorships alone. The other thing is who you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with broke people then what kind of product do you think you will deliver? I can assure you that this is not the case with us. Not even close. It feels so good to be working with people who donít need to live off boxers to make a living but are already seriously wealthy and successful. On another note, I wonít mention any names but we have major well known celebrities from musical artists, professional athletes, actors/actresses, and more scheduled to appear at our event this Saturday.

Many fighters dont adjust well after fighting professionally for many years. You now wake up early mornings Monday thru Friday and go to the office like many everyday people do. How have you been able to make the switch so easily?

Money. (laughing) Iím making very good money. Aside from that itís been quite easy for me because marketing is my passion. Even as a fighter it was my passion. My former promoter Don King said that was something that he always respected about me was my ability to market myself. You can say what you want about Don King but you canít deny his accomplishments in boxing as they speak for themselves. For him to give me that kind of compliment is major. I can market anything. My motto is this: You can say what you want about me but just talk about me
All this is just talk... until he gets in the ring & actually fights instead of yapping.. he shall remain one of 6 fighters Vitali Klitschko has retired... he's retired the last 3 opponents and 4 of the last 12 fighters he's faced.
Reply With Quote
jimmy1569 is offline
#3
Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the shadows of your dreams
Age: 91
Posts: 68,666
Rep Power: 429 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,803.00
Bank: 477,971,416,050,564,736.00
Total Points: 477,971,416,050,566,400.00
congrats on 60k posts! - jazluvr great espn gallery!! , just finished wlad vs jackson.another great quality upload. - CAPT AMSTERDAM Some espn classic fights... awesome thread T!  I can't beleive I've never seen it - jose830 i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- 
Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick 
legendary - lazy Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1569 View Post
All this is just talk... until he gets in the ring & actually fights instead of yapping.. he shall remain one of 6 fighters Vitali Klitschko has retired... he's retired the last 3 opponents and 4 of the last 12 fighters he's faced.
Briggs was once scheduled to fight Wlad. Emanuel Steward made a public comment that he was worried because Briggs was very dangerous and the next day Wladmir pulled out. This was before Briggs won the wbo title.

But yes Vitali did retire him even though Briggs came out of retirement to fight him in the first place.
Reply With Quote
TBear is online now
#4
Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Superflo777
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,807
Rep Power: 6 Superflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 103,189,543.35
Bank: 285,478,306,085.59
Total Points: 285,581,495,628.94
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Default

Please Shannon, stay retired for your own good. Your last fight already makes you a top Parkinson's or dementia candidate when you're 50. Let it be.
Reply With Quote
Superflo777 is offline
#5
Old 01-07-2012, 05:33 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the shadows of your dreams
Age: 91
Posts: 68,666
Rep Power: 429 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,803.00
Bank: 477,971,416,050,564,736.00
Total Points: 477,971,416,050,566,400.00
congrats on 60k posts! - jazluvr great espn gallery!! , just finished wlad vs jackson.another great quality upload. - CAPT AMSTERDAM Some espn classic fights... awesome thread T!  I can't beleive I've never seen it - jose830 i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- 
Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick 
legendary - lazy Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflo777 View Post
Please Shannon, stay retired for your own good. Your last fight already makes you a top Parkinson's or dementia candidate when you're 50. Let it be.
I do agree Briggs should stay retired. For health reasons he should take all the heavyweights from the 80's and 90's that are still fighting with him.
Reply With Quote
TBear is online now
#6
Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 AM
daggum
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,104
Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,001,150,356,710.58
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,001,150,356,710.58
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 
Default

shannon briggs is so terrible. you would think shannon briggs would know this more than anyone but i guess not. he's like the rocky juarez of heavyweights. just give up dude. you only have 1 win over a top fighter in your career and that came with literally 1 second left against a weak champ. knocking over another 5 tomato cans to land a title shot will not impress me. you've tried that about 7 times already.
Reply With Quote
daggum is offline
#7
Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 AM
joe strong
average joe
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton,Canada
Age: 39
Posts: 12,964
Rep Power: 83 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 698,901.39
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 698,901.39
For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. 
joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH 
Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok 
when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 Top man,solid poster. - Scott.Weiland. you are a bully homeless men are often disabled - Ragnarok learn to make a sentence properly you idiot - Freedom2014 learn to read dummy it was Lennoxs wife not Vitalis - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 
Default

hes too big now. he cant pull the trigger anymore. that being said there are about a dozen or so heavyweights that can say the same.i liked tyson's idea of an over 40 tourney...
Reply With Quote
joe strong is offline
#8
Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,153
Rep Power: 12 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,471,294.65
Bank: 54,605,287.23
Total Points: 10,055,076,581.88
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Briggs is gonna end up in a body bag if he's not careful.
Reply With Quote
P4P_No1 is offline
#9
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 AM
JAB5239
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Statesville, NC
Posts: 20,621
Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,727.45
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,869,675.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1569 View Post
All this is just talk... until he gets in the ring & actually fights instead of yapping.. he shall remain one of 6 fighters Vitali Klitschko has retired... he's retired the last 3 opponents and 4 of the last 12 fighters he's faced.
Briggs fought V with a torn bicep the entire fight and never quit. Can you imagine that?
Reply With Quote
JAB5239 is offline
#10
Old 01-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 4,967
Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,200,279,512.35
Bank: 130,876,321,217,053.70
Total Points: 130,881,521,496,566.05
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Default

i like briggs, in his prime he was a beast really enjoyed watching him fight
Reply With Quote
Alx. is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
briggs, shannon, unretired!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.