Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 PM
coghaugen
Contender

Rep Power: 7 coghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond reputecoghaugen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 88,376.21
Default Eubank on strategy and technique (phenomenal insight)

Quote:
I had a multi-dimensional defense - multi-directional foot movement, multi-directional body movement, multi-directional head movement, and used my right glove to catch jabs or block left hooks. Offensively, I had a dozen perfect punches to pick from, and at least two or three variations of each of the 12 punches, then countless combinations to choose from. All in the mind - mind ticking over, what do I use. It does help having a genius-level IQ score in a game of physical chess with gloves - quick-thinking.

It's why I stayed just out of range, because I wasn't naturally fluid, because I had to be scientific - I had to think. I wasn't actually that gifted, you see. I would stay just out of range so I could decide what, how, why, where, when. Get the measure of his range, of his punching, of his stance - the opponent, that is. Don't step in and then look to punch, punch on the way in and get back out to think some more. Stretching - most important part of my training apart from sparring, backbends, splits. Holding my gloves together below the chest - harder to read what punch was going to be released. Scientist, a strategist. That was what I was. Meticulously studying the opponent beforehand, as well - what are his strengths, his style, how well does he take a body shot and so on.

Chin? Chin is confidence. If a shot got in, which invariably it always does on any fighter in every round they fight - apart from Roy Jones I think in one round of one of his fights - I knew I could soak up better than probably anyone else would. In regards to my jaw density, which was abnormal, and my absorbance of blows from the world's hardest pound-for-pound punchers. That added bit of confidence that a cast-iron chin provides you with, allows you to actually get your chin hit even less.

Punch? Punch is confidence. I didn't have natural power, but that only meant I didn't need to get lucky with a punch. I knew how to punch, I knew what I was doing. That's confidence. I knew only one time in any round of fighting I would need to land with the index and middle knuckles of the fist, having pivoted from the big toe of the foot, and the opponent would be legless, on cloud cuckoo, so to speak. That's confidence.

My ability, my training, my ten's of thousands of hours of work, of practice, of perspiration, of unwasted perspiration, and my forefathers, who were bred as slaves - that gave Chris Eubank his confidence. The rest was the mind.

Last edited by coghaugen; 12-24-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-25-2011, 10:21 AM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,805,990.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coghaugen View Post
It does help having a genius-level IQ score
Old 12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
big paulie
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 big paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond reputebig paulie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 77,016,853.54
Total Points: 77,061,856.50

Eubank was a true student of his craft, wouldnt of beat Jones jr and prob not the Toney that beat Barkley but then he admits this himself