Join Date: Apr 2011
Rep Power: 0
Total Points: 33,768.37
Controversy of Khan Vs Peterson (SOLUTION)
The controversy of Khan Vs Peterson is debatable to say the least. Im a Khan fan but i couldnt call the fight. Golden Boy have come out claiming that the master scorecard went missing after the fight, what difference does it really make. If Khan clearly won the fight then i would understand his grievance. In my opinion the Referee was a bit inconsistant and a bit of a lunatic but Khan was fouling. Not that Peterson wasnt but Khan was obvious with it. Peterson was more crude with his foul play. Anyhow my solution to this would be scrap all of the IBF WBC WBA and the many others and have one boxing commision, one championship belt and then the top ten of each weight class. It would firstly stop the ducking of fights and the best would fight the best. And with one boxing commision they could have a strict set of guidelines they have to follow to score the fight. Not on the basic feeling they got from the fight. Look at the Ward Vs Froch, WHAT WERE THEM CARDS ABOUT? Heres a list of what i think boxing itself should try and bring through.
1. One commision, one set of rules.
2. Olympic style drug testing. (if your clean then prove it)
3. One champion per weight class.
4. Top 10 rankings with the condition of having to fight your way up the ladder to get a shot.
5. A fourth judge to score the fights.
6. the commison should have the power to make fights happen or they should remove the duckers from the rankings and in turn lose the big fights.
If boxing implemented this structure then i believe it would improve the sport immensly.
|(solution), controversy, khan, peterson|