Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-23-2011, 04:09 AM
PlayerKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond reputePlayerKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 1,174,647,954.72
Happy New Year :) - Leohappy Have one on me - led 

Well Steward is no *****. He will scream at you if you're not doing what he wants.

Often he likes to shot for more workrate and more offends I.e. Taylor and Wlad.

Floyd is sometimes too negative. That's when Emmanuel of course has a reason to actually negatively criticise Floyd.

Floyd is someone who is very sensitive and emotional. All that trash he talks is a smokescreen.

Most humans don't take criticism well, and Floyd especially:
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-23-2011, 05:49 AM
tangalog2200
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 tangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond reputetangalog2200 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 410,214.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Ivey View Post
I never saw it as hate tbh... a lot his comments are very valid and I don't know why Floyd is so sensitive to it? I really believe something happened between them behind the scenes and not because of Stewart's commentary a lone. I mean I understand the hate towards Merchant but Emmanuel is very balanced when commentating a Floyd fight.

And Top Rank I'm pretty sure that's what you feel.. and you're using Emmanuel as a channel to voice that. Either that or you're over thinking the whole thing.
very well said....

as a commentator with more deeper understanding of the game than other commentators e.s. has the right to say it straight as he sees it...

he is not one to sugar coat his comments and that is why he is a respected fight commentator/analyst
Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,168,055,338.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

I only started to notice Steward's criticism from Baldomir and onwards. The same exact time Floyd left Top Rank. Coincidence maybe? But he does say some good things though
Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Visceral
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Visceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,090,242.30

He was clearly displeased with how the Ortiz fight ended, as was I. I mean, your dominating a guy and your faking a hug to knock the guy out when he doesnt know hes fighting 'whoopdy doo' look how awesome I am, nobody in the crowd is happy but I still going to act like everythings normal. Anyway,He expects more from fighters than alot people do and yes, Floyd is very sensitive and seeking of universal approoval.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:55 AM
pdei47
Banned

Rep Power: 0 pdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these partspdei47 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 56,128.55

House negro's have to say thing like that to remain in the house. If he says anything positive about Floyd you won't be seeing him ring side.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,597,227,470,779,647.00
Total Points: 1,626,447,586,908,067.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Because Manny Steward is frankly a terrible commentator and has nothing to say.

8/10 fights every round he say's "Fighter A just looks so strong and fast to me, compared to fighter B"

In Mayweather fights he repeats the same thing over and over and over.

It's not really to do with hate I don't think. It's more to do with simply being a terrible commentator.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:15 AM
spyvsspy
Banned

Rep Power: 0 spyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond reputespyvsspy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,301,706,322.52
Total Points: 71,301,719,951.91
you're super, man! haha I'm a loser. - I ♥ RVP is my boredom apparent yet? :) - I ♥ RVP 'cause you're so frigging entertaining. - I ♥ RVP it's creepy looking, right?! - I ♥ RVP haha why not! - I ♥ RVP 
swim, nemo, swim! - I ♥ RVP 'm running out of clever things to say :( wahhhhh - I ♥ RVP because we're awesome - I ♥ RVP I'm bored, here's a pressie. :) It's that time again. - I ♥ RVP I am unleashing a fury of gifts upon thee - I ♥ RVP 
who doesn't love pressies? - I ♥ RVP it's piss pouring here. Sigh. - I ♥ RVP I'm thirsty, is you? - I ♥ RVP I love lollipops. - I ♥ RVP and fishies too. - I ♥ RVP 
Have an apple. I am retarded. That is all. - I ♥ RVP Last one, I swear. :) - I ♥ RVP one of the funniest mofos here - calmdown Because I have OCD when it comes to sending you pressies :D and it's been awhile - *Boss Lady* It's been a while! Happy New Year! :) x - *Boss Lady* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMM View Post
what do you mean fighters mentality? Floyd is the perfect example of a fighter. Floyd will die in the ring for a win because that's the only thing he knows. Floyd is THE TOUGHEST FIGHTER in boxing right now hands down. If you watch Floyd Mayweather and have followed his career you will know this.
Haha lol at floyd being a winner...a true winner is victorious against all odds while floyd chooses his opponents to which the odds are in his favor. Smh...don't know why the floyd fans don't see this
Old 12-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Pacquiao'd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these parts
Bank: 454,119,616,632.15
Total Points: 734,229,103,049.59
Keep up the good work Bro - Jedi Vader No Message - jazluvr have fun - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 
tasty! - YDKSAB Retard - flat1985 My favorite MayClown :) - Beercules Pacquiao'd goes hard! War Floyd! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post
It's not so much hate....its the fact that he dislikes Floyd's mentality as a fighter.

He doesn't like the fact he isn't willing to face the elite fighters and he doesn't like his safety first mentality in the ring.

Almost all of Stewards fighters were great finishers, who took on all comers and just had that fighters mentality. Not that I agree, but seeing the type of fighters Steward was around, and the era he is from....I can understand why he makes the comments he does about Floyd.
bwahahaha. look at this tard
Old 12-23-2011, 09:41 AM
starjammer
Sheriff

Rep Power: 32 starjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,612,432,689,381.37
Total Points: 1,618,668,867,301.67
happy st pattys.. - Howlin' Wolf S - S a m u r a i T - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i R - S a m u r a i 
J - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i E - S a m u r a i 
R - S a m u r a i Let's get the collection completed! - S a m u r a i &amp;quot;........&amp;quot; - S a m u r a i Another. - S a m u r a i Last one. - S a m u r a i 
merry xmas - Subtraction All good students bring an apple for their teacher :D (worth some extra credit, yeah?) - *Boss Lady* Ridding the Internet of one  illiterate cunt at a time! - *Boss Lady* Boxing Scene's bestest English teacher EVER! x - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab 
Hepatitis C - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i 

The best Emmanuel Steward moment of all time is:

The Dewey Bozella fight. HBO trying to keep the score secret when they show the replay while doing on the fly commentary over the replay.

Jim: Dewey was looking strong here wasn't he.

Emmanuel: Yeah. I was surprised he actually went on to win and almost knock the guy out in the last round.

Jim: Right. Well...nobody has seen that yet.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,663,247,239.17
Total Points: 21,663,257,484.46
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Manny probably does have a dislike for PBF whether it be on a personal of professional level. My thing with Manny is when it comes to PBF he is like Merchant with all fighter. That being if PBF doesn't fight the way Manny feels he should fight then he tries to take shine off of what PBF is actually doing. You can't say PBF is not as great as other greats because he doesn't go for KO's that ***** makes no sense at all. Everybody is not a aggressive I'm going for the KO type of guy. If fighters skills match up then yes a fighter is just as great as another it just some greats have stronger attributes in other areas then other greats.