Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Come∂ian
Comedian Taught Her

Rep Power: 16 Come∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,388,968,161,536.93
Total Points: 21,398,009,767,071.68
Have a beer. Great videos meng. - [KLTP] -Kirby- the best when it comes to GIF replies. lol you deserve this one - bahay kubo For the fun i had on the gif :D - led No Message - led Slickest Poster Alive - ThePhantom5 
BURRRRRRRRRRR! James Kirkland vid! - Bloody$Nate$ SuperComedian - (ROY) amazing sig bro, haha. - chiguy91 owning the shit out of pac-girl - I'm so sorry CAN MAN - CounterPunching 
Default Andre Ward Named Sports Illustrated Fighter of the Year

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ear/index.html

There is a certain rhythm to Andre Ward's game, a musical elegance gifted only to the finest performers. The technical brilliance is there, a product of a 10-year amateur career that culminated with an Olympic gold medal in 2004. There is the strength and power, quickness and speed, a perfect blend of skills that have, thus far, made Ward unbeatable at the pro level. He is, as Carl Froch put it on Saturday night, moments after Ward beat him for the Super Six title, "a slippery eel," hard, if not impossible, to cleanly hit, a fighter without concussive power but, at 168 pounds, physically stronger than the rest. He's something else, too: SI.com's 2011 Fighter of the Year.
It has been a banner year for Ward, one that has seen the Oakland-based boxer emerge as an heir apparent to the aging greats in the sport. In May he stepped in the ring with Arthur Abraham, a feared puncher who began Showtime's vaunted super middleweight tournament as one of the favorites. Over 12 lopsided rounds Ward made Abraham look silly, peppering him with combinations and forcing the fight on the inside, preventing Abraham from stepping back and extending on any power shots. The win advanced Ward to the finals against Froch, a gritty British brawler who came into the fight teeming with confidence. That confidence drained quickly when it became clear Froch, like so many others, could do little with Ward's speed and found that the punches that had rattled Abraham, Glen Johnson and Andre Dirrell earlier in the tournament just bounced off Ward's chiseled physique. "He's not a big puncher but physically, he's quite strong," Froch said. "I lost the fight for sure. I got beat by the better man."

SI.com's Complete 2011 Boxing Awards

The goal of the Super Six was to brand a champion, to bring clarity to a division that has been muddled since Joe Calzaghe retired and elevate one of the fighters to the loftiest of levels. From the tournament's inception Ward embodied a Super Six fighter, supremely skilled but, outside of Oakland, largely anonymous. He's not a knockout artist, nor is he a brash talker. No, Ward is a quiet family man, loyal -- he has trained with Virgil Hunter since he was 9 years old -- and honest, always believing his talent would carry him to the top.
Alone, Ward might have struggled finding opportunities. His style isn't always fan-friendly and European fighters like Mikkel Kessler (whom Ward beat in 2009 to claim his first world title), Abraham and Froch would have, under normal circumstances, been unlikely to travel stateside to face him. It was the Super Six that brought them here, guaranteeing them lucrative paydays and premium U.S. television exposure in exchange for taking their act on the road.
Ward got the opportunities, and has taken advantage of them. His wins have been decisive, leaving no room for doubt. Ask people before the tournament who the No. 1 super middleweight was and the answers would vary. Ask them today, and there is only one.
Winning the Super Six is a high point for Ward, but it's unlikely to be his highest. He's a unified champion now, one with myriad opportunities. There is titleholder Lucian Bute, the moneyman in the division because of his drawing power in Canada. There is Kelly Pavlik, a popular American trying to reclaim a flagging career. If Ward moves up in weight, which he has said he is not opposed to, there are lucrative matchups with Jean Pascal or Bernard Hopkins. At 27, Ward is accomplished but, as he says, "I'm nowhere near my best."
"There are a lot of areas I'm still improving in," Ward said. "I'm not in my prime yet."
Scary, but probably true. Indeed, this has been a memorable year for Ward. But it likely won't be his last. With each win he gains more fans, his profile grows. There will come a time when Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather walk away, leaving a gaping void in the sport. Who knows if Ward will ever generate the same buzz. Mayweather and Pacquiao didn't become gold pay per view attractions until they fought Oscar De La Hoya, and there simply is no De La Hoya out there for Ward to fight. But the foundation of Mayweather and Pacquiao's popularity is their talent, and in that category Ward has proven he can measure up.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
chiguy91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 50 chiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond reputechiguy91 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,840,571,152,582.79
Total Points: 61,929,671,211,138.88
8k solid post - MANIAC310 just cuz - Sifo Dyas Drive by gifting, don't mind me :wave: - Bossy Chi city boss. - Very Rich Man Have some cake! - komodo 
No Message - Starof David have an ariza milk shake - Cleto_Reyes No Message - jose830 Here you go hermano, I owe you from last time. ;) - codey Here's your first beer for your official drinking age! Happy birthday brother! - sweetpea87 
so far the hottest sig I've seen since I joined...the 1911 makes that sig priceless!! - jose830 No Message - Enchanted happy 21st birthday (even though I am a bit late on this!) - sweetpea87 P4P one of if not the most imporant/productive member of boxingscene - Cupocity303 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Happy Holidays  chiguy91.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks for the links - Toney616 Thanks for the uploads - Toney616 Nice video of &quot;El Gallito&quot; Estrada bro. - RIZO24 No Message - sweetpea87 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dough401 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - AL YANKAB*TCH Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Round 1 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Round 1 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Round 1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Alx. Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - arraamis 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - arraamis Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - komodo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Enchanted 

good stuff. where's americanbot? haha
Old 12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,168,058,059.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,168,058,059.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

At 27, Ward is accomplished but, as he says, "I'm nowhere near my best."
"There are a lot of areas I'm still improving in," Ward said. "I'm not in my prime yet." WOAH, THAT'S CRAZY. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BEST WARD THERE IS.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,108,329,486,419.53
Total Points: 2,113,826,985,319.69
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

As expected, good job Dre.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 46 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,882,704,612,119.30
Total Points: 11,893,705,155,271.78
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Andre deserved it over BHop once he beat Froch.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 27 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,164,572,848,812.86
Total Points: 6,780,224,089,131.02
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

Big ups to Ward
Old 12-19-2011, 03:21 PM
heat27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 heat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond reputeheat27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 606,763,180,968.53
Total Points: 608,783,284,993.79
stick it up yo ass:ninja: - supRa &amp;lt;3:ninja: - supRa ;) - *Boss Lady* Now you just got lucky with Bossy ;) - *Boss Lady* 

congrats to ward
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 29 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,107,971,977,912.57
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas 

Grats to Ward.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
MrClutch85
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,050,833.02

Congrats To Andre Ward