Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Allucard
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,309,760.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Don't get me wrong... dude looked good in his fight with Froch.... but I agree with everyone who's saying he tried to turn it into a wrestling match.
Could you see Froch's corner shock as they realized Ward would play along the inside fight (Froch's original plan) but do it better? They were totally expecting a slick boxer who would jab and move until he tires but instead they got someone who set a perfect trap from them.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
RyunosukeRonin
CountingBodiesLikeSheep

Rep Power: 11 RyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,030,040,469.22
it's payday - mathed 

Maybe true but when you take into consideration he has yet to face anyone with actaul foot and hand speed so he has not had to adjust his style to neutralize that.While he is fast he certainly isn't the fastest fighter in the division and not even second.His performance against Kessler was more impressive than this.He is clearly an excellent fighter but doesn't have that feeling of invincilblity.He was visibly tired in the last quarter of the fight my impression of this was bcse he had to stay on the outside more than usual causing him to move more and his legs began to tire when he wasn't as comfortable on the inside as much bcse it took away his advantage of speed allowing Froch an closer more stable target.Fight someone who can punch with form and who isn't a tortoise then...
Old 12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
RichardPerez
Undisputed Champion

Location: Los Angeles / Sylmar / San Fernando Valley, California
Rep Power: 8 RichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 114,911.54
Send a message via AIM to RichardPerez

To me, Ward's skills were low, froch did not take advatage of a lot of offense, took a lot of jabs and hits without following up.

Ward looked off with bad footwork and low accuracy hitting froch as low volume froch was throwing.

This fight did make ward look better than in the past, but to me, this was because Froch did not make it more competative by thorwing punches and looking extra slow.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Contender

Rep Power: 5 2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,007,210.71

Ward is a great fighter but I think people are overrating him.

Because Froch was never really that good. He's got some nice swooping punches but not even close in terms of speed, defense or athleticism to even match Ward. He looked like an old man in there.

Yet I'm certain Lucian Bute can beat Ward. He's not only got one punch knockout power and incredible body shots but he's also just as fast if not more (and he uses his speed to get a knockout, not a clinching 12 round decision)
Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
raf727
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 raf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 173,722,081,826.66
Total Points: 173,722,084,699.29
kick this bum - Freedom. Have a beer! - Barnburner Anyone that gets a kick me from Freedom, is ok with me. - RossCA No Message - RossCA 

you know i was unaware that your physical attributes, and potentialities are what people ranked on, i thought it was your recent performance....

kessler, green, abraham, then froch, oh and he chose to take on bika in the middle there, pretty sure hes got a decent claim to be on the p4p list, above PBF? nah, MP? Nah, Donaire? Nah, Gamboa? Nah, Martinez? certainly

talking about his speed, or power, or any of that means nothing in p4p rankings, it is how your recent performance stacks up against the rest of the boxing world and andre ward has been fighting the top guys in his division for the past few years and barely losing more than a couple rounds per fight
Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM
S H A R K B O Y
Below The Heavens

Rep Power: 11 S H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 697,635,278,458.70
Total Points: 697,691,070,605.51
Heres A Pet Fish For The Shark Boy :) - BritishBoxing92 Another one for the tank - Disposable Arts No Message - Dorian No Message - Dorian Your fish need a new buddy - Disposable Arts 
for when you pretend you are Andre Ward's woman - Freedom. respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil fly ass Ward/Chad sig - MalikKnucklez 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
Ward is a great fighter but I think people are overrating him.

Because Froch was never really that good. He's got some nice swooping punches but not even close in terms of speed, defense or athleticism to even match Ward. He looked like an old man in there.

Yet I'm certain Lucian Bute can beat Ward. He's not only got one punch knockout power and incredible body shots but he's also just as fast if not more (and he uses his speed to get a knockout, not a clinching 12 round decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf727 View Post
you know i was unaware that your physical attributes, and potentialities are what people ranked on, i thought it was your recent performance....

kessler, green, abraham, then froch, oh and he chose to take on bika in the middle there, pretty sure hes got a decent claim to be on the p4p list, above PBF? nah, MP? Nah, Donaire? Nah, Gamboa? Nah, Martinez? certainly

talking about his speed, or power, or any of that means nothing in p4p rankings, it is how your recent performance stacks up against the rest of the boxing world and andre ward has been fighting the top guys in his division for the past few years and barely losing more than a couple rounds per fight
Yup, and now you can add athlete of the year award to the list of accolades.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Gojira
Pumping Iron

Rep Power: 23 Gojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond reputeGojira has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,906,307,158,452.34
Total Points: 5,906,307,236,314.83
Here you go - ??? e-Gift - RiZOOM Drink up - 1999 Thanks, man! - Bendigo :) - * FeistyWench * 
gift thread - MANGLER No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post

Yup, and now you can add athlete of the year award to the list of accolades.
He has a boring-as-fuck personality and a boring-as-fuck fighting style and therefor will never be considered p4p #1.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,891,877,081,908.00
Total Points: 4,892,877,103,465.51
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

p4p is a popularity contest, and it's imaginary
people emphasize it too much here
Wlad is boxing's most dominant man, Ward is right behind him though
they should rightfully be #1 and #2
Wlad's simply been dominating his division a lot longer
Ward's beaten better guys though
Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Isaac Hunt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 Isaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,039,753.80

From the first time I watched Ward box I knew he was very very special. He is highly skilled ,but in a quiet clever way.He is different to Mayweather but he has a lot of his qualities. I don't see anyone out there capable of beating him.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,747,156,766,847.93
Total Points: 2,757,756,878,876.10
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

All has to do is hang out at 168, not lose and the number one spot is pretty much his. It might take a bit but time really is on his side when you look at who he has to pass, plus there aren't that many obvious threats to him if he gets by Dawson, Andre Dirrell always seemed like a bad match-up for him but how long is it going to take for Dirrell to get people to really call for that fight if ever.